Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2012, 06:12 PM   #29
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!
 
Rage's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
Join Date: May 2010
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,200
Your toast..... sorry. Challenger gets my $$
__________________
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:30 PM   #30
jph2275
 
jph2275's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
Unless you have a lot of track experience he's going to beat you pretty easily. His car's an auto and has already run low 12s.

With good driving, you'll probably be in the mid 12s or so.

You said straight pipes? Does that mean you have headers also? If not, you don't have a chance.

I saw your dyno graph and you do have headers. That definitely makes things more interesting. You'll need some drag radials and a good launch and you could make the race interesting. But his auto will launch really well off the line. So you definitely need drag radials and good launch technique to keep the race close.
Wow this thread got some responses

I'm in civil procedure now, so i'll get on a little later to comment more

BUT

No headers, I just have a muffler delete. I want to add headers though, the chart reflects only intake,muffler delete, and tune
__________________
Pat
2010 2SS/RS M6


Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
As long as it has enough horsepower, I don't really care if it's a 4, a 6, an 8, or a 10.
And I don't really car how they make the horsepower, whether it a Turbo, supercharged or just a whole lot of hamsters.
3.91's, TSP Longtubes, SWG Tune, Vararam, and a heavy foot
jph2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:50 PM   #31
S8ER01Z
 
Drives: Camaro Z28
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Quad Cities
Posts: 429
392 for the win.
__________________
2001 Camaro Z28 M6 (MTI Lid/FRA, LS6 Cam, BBK LTs)
S8ER01Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #32
dadstoy
 
Drives: 2011 392 SRT Challenger
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 34
thanks for all the nice comments guys. I am a die hard GM fan who just happens to have a challenger for now. I have had 5 Camaro's and 2 Trans Am's and 2 vettes over my life and will have another vette and camaro.

I picked the challenger over the SS just for back seat and trunk room. love the looks of both cars and absolutely love any LS motor and what you CAN do with it.

Someone mentioned tuning. you are right. still no tuning at all. thats why my challenger will remain stock. not even planning on headers until a tune or I trade it for a ZL1. there has been a couple 392's that did just what the guy said by replacing the PCM with a 2010 unit. it absolutly sucks that dodge locks the tune.

my goal; last year was to see how fast I could run a 100% stock 392 on factory stock tires. I made 40+ runs and the 12.2's were my last runs. temps and DA was near perfect. can't remember the exact numbers.

my goal for this year is to get an 11.9 timeslip stock 392 with a set of sticky tires. I think I can cut a 1.6 or 1.7 60' on a set of slicks and hopefully put me close to an 11 second slip with only real addition being tires, CAI and cat back.
dadstoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:56 PM   #33
S8ER01Z
 
Drives: Camaro Z28
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Quad Cities
Posts: 429
Tuning *may be* just around the corner.... Speaking of I'm off to check that thread for updates.
__________________
2001 Camaro Z28 M6 (MTI Lid/FRA, LS6 Cam, BBK LTs)
S8ER01Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 12:01 AM   #34
08-G35s/6MT

 
08-G35s/6MT's Avatar
 
Drives: racecars
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: BMN
Posts: 1,776
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadstoy View Post

Someone mentioned tuning. you are right. still no tuning at all. thats why my challenger will remain stock. not even planning on headers until a tune or I trade it for a ZL1. there has been a couple 392's that did just what the guy said by replacing the PCM with a 2010 unit. it absolutly sucks that dodge locks the tune.
Well it's only a matter of time before it's cracked, right ? I mean the Evo X and Nissan GTR were locked, but they were cracked too. Same with the 5.7 Ram, etc.
08-G35s/6MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 01:47 PM   #35
mjf6866
 
mjf6866's Avatar
 
Drives: 09 Challenger R/T 6-speed 3.92 rear
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: sitting on an angry chair with angry walls that steal the air
Posts: 423
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
Well it's only a matter of time before it's cracked, right ? I mean the Evo X and Nissan GTR were locked, but they were cracked too. Same with the 5.7 Ram, etc.
we've been hearing its been close to being cracked for a looong time now...hopefully for the 2011+ guys, its soon. chrysler needs to get their head out of their ass. apparently its a "rolling code" that can be cracked, but the next time you start the car its a whole different encryption key...i'm glad i have an 09!
__________________
a few mods:
-180* Jet t-stat
-Amsoil Eaa drop in filter
-HopNot total package
-275/50-17 M&H drag radials on mustang cobra r's for track days
future mods:
-hurst shifter
-exhaust
-custom tune
-driver mod
mjf6866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:17 PM   #36
jph2275
 
jph2275's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadstoy View Post
thanks for all the nice comments guys. I am a die hard GM fan who just happens to have a challenger for now. I have had 5 Camaro's and 2 Trans Am's and 2 vettes over my life and will have another vette and camaro.

I picked the challenger over the SS just for back seat and trunk room. love the looks of both cars and absolutely love any LS motor and what you CAN do with it.

Someone mentioned tuning. you are right. still no tuning at all. thats why my challenger will remain stock. not even planning on headers until a tune or I trade it for a ZL1. there has been a couple 392's that did just what the guy said by replacing the PCM with a 2010 unit. it absolutly sucks that dodge locks the tune.

my goal; last year was to see how fast I could run a 100% stock 392 on factory stock tires. I made 40+ runs and the 12.2's were my last runs. temps and DA was near perfect. can't remember the exact numbers.

my goal for this year is to get an 11.9 timeslip stock 392 with a set of sticky tires. I think I can cut a 1.6 or 1.7 60' on a set of slicks and hopefully put me close to an 11 second slip with only real addition being tires, CAI and cat back.

Yes guys, it will be all in fun. I have the utmost respect for john (DadsToy) and simply started the thread to see if I even had a running shot at the Chally. I must admit, I was sure your low 12 second times were with the mods not without, I would be honored to stare at the challenger tail lights if driven by such a good driver

I also have another buddy with a 2010 SS with a 6 speed manual. Hopefully we can get him in on this too.

I will try and have the headers on by race day so we can be a little more even, I'll try and keep it interesting for you and for the C5 guys ....
__________________
Pat
2010 2SS/RS M6


Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
As long as it has enough horsepower, I don't really care if it's a 4, a 6, an 8, or a 10.
And I don't really car how they make the horsepower, whether it a Turbo, supercharged or just a whole lot of hamsters.
3.91's, TSP Longtubes, SWG Tune, Vararam, and a heavy foot
jph2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:36 PM   #37
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'
 
FL1CK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Chula Vista, CA (Eastlake)
Posts: 3,209
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadstoy View Post
too funny, what if I add headers and nasty cam also? this is a run for fun. I am not all caught up in a my car is better than your car and what if.
This, I give you mad props for...
__________________
I am not childish, you're just being a poopy head!
FL1CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #38
S8ER01Z
 
Drives: Camaro Z28
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Quad Cities
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08-G35s/6MT View Post
Well it's only a matter of time before it's cracked, right ? I mean the Evo X and Nissan GTR were locked, but they were cracked too. Same with the 5.7 Ram, etc.
Supposed to be people working on it and close...no results yet though.
__________________
2001 Camaro Z28 M6 (MTI Lid/FRA, LS6 Cam, BBK LTs)
S8ER01Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #39
dadstoy
 
Drives: 2011 392 SRT Challenger
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 34
another reason for buying the challenger is knowing I could NOT tune it. tuning is a bad thing for me. my red TA I posted was super nice and I put 17k in mods into it in 2002 one year after I bought it. car ran great for 2 seasons and then I blew the motor. with no tuning on the hemi's I am NOT tempted to make it go faster with mods. I am liking it stock so far and plan to keep it that way. I will add a set of slicks but thats about it.

now if I trade for a ZL1, I can see my self blowing up a 55k car instead of a 33k TA bucause I would want to make it run better than what it did from the factory. so dodge keeps me from blowing up my cars.
dadstoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #40
dadstoy
 
Drives: 2011 392 SRT Challenger
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jph2275 View Post
Yes guys, it will be all in fun. I have the utmost respect for john (DadsToy) and simply started the thread to see if I even had a running shot at the Chally. I must admit, I was sure your low 12 second times were with the mods not without, I would be honored to stare at the challenger tail lights if driven by such a good driver

I also have another buddy with a 2010 SS with a 6 speed manual. Hopefully we can get him in on this too.

I will try and have the headers on by race day so we can be a little more even, I'll try and keep it interesting for you and for the C5 guys ....

it took all season to get those times and get the lanches down to 1.8 60' but by the end of the season, 1.8's were consistant.

I did start the season running 12.9's in almost 100 degree temps and as the season got cooler my times also went down to the 12.2's I posted.

my real goal was to add a set of slicks and get an 11.99 slip on a stock 392. now I lost that by adding a cat back and CAI. still fairly stock and very minor mods and I will still be happy if I can get close to a 11.99 with the two little mods I have.
dadstoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:13 PM   #41
hightower
LS3 Black Widow
 
hightower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Madison, GA
Posts: 4,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadstoy View Post
so dodge keeps me from blowing up my cars.
hahaha, to be honest, that's pretty rock solid reasoning!
__________________
hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:21 PM   #42
RANGERGOD
IDBZ M.C.
 
RANGERGOD's Avatar
 
Drives: 12' IOM, 2SS, LS3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Columbus, Ga.
Posts: 562
I love HEMI's. I just traded in a 2008 Charger R/T for this SS. The 5.7 was a beast. My brother has a 09' Chally SRT8 and that thing is a monster. I bought the SS just to jump on his car! lol
__________________
RANGERGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Camaro vs. Challenger, Who Stays, Who Goes? GM Chrysler Merger Mashup... camaro5 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 17 11-03-2008 07:06 PM
Challenger Priced Design1stCode2nd General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 176 09-08-2008 07:33 PM
MT: Challenger and Camaro face a case of bad timing Scotsman General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 16 06-03-2008 01:45 PM
Camaro v. Challenger Casull Chevy Camaro vs... 53 08-23-2007 10:49 PM
Ontario to become home of the all-new 2008 Dodge Challenger Mr. Wyndham General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 3 08-09-2007 02:54 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.