Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Forced Induction - V8 V8 Supercharger, turbo, nitrous discussions

Old 09-17-2012, 05:10 PM   #1
sscamjes

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Paxton Novi question--please help!

I recently installed a paxton novi 1200 on my camaro that came with the pre-loaded flash device. My issue is that my cooling fans come on at 220 degrees on the low setting. Paxton said they do not change fan settings but when i talked to the tech they claim the fans come on around 205 on the low setting. That's why they don't mess with them. I told them my issue but they are pretty much telling to get bent. Has anyone else adjusted their fan settings for lower engagement. I wish i would have went with the SLP kit now. I'm told by paxton that if i want the fans on earlier then i need to go to a speed shop and have a complete new program installed which is more $$$. Thats bs if you ask me. ANY SUGGESTIONS--THANX

Last edited by sscamjes; 09-18-2012 at 05:25 AM.
sscamjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:49 PM   #2
East Coast Supercharging

Drives: 8 second C5 Drag Car, C6 Road racer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscamjes View Post
I recently installed a paxton novi 1200 on my camaro that came with the pre-loaded flash device. My issue is that my cooling fans come on at 220 degrees on the low setting. Paxton said they do not change fan settings but when i talked to the tech they claim the fans come on around 205 on the low setting. That's why they don't mess with them. I told them my issue but they are pretty much telling to get bent. Has anyone else adjusted their fan settings for lower engagement. I wish i would have went with the SLP kit now. I'm told by paxton that if i want the fans on earlier then i need to go to a speed shop and have a complete new program installed which is more $$$. Thats bs if you ask me. ANY SUGGESTIONS--THANX
I can take care of that with our mail order tune special. $149, returned the same day received.
East Coast Supercharging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
sscamjes

No you can not East Coast. I have already called in response to your suggestion.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #4
East Coast Supercharging

Drives: 8 second C5 Drag Car, C6 Road racer
Oh yes I can! Who did you speak too because I asked everyone in the office here an no one knows anything about this. Sure you called the correct place?

Just mail in the ECM with a list of what is needed and I can turn it around the same day received. I do several of these tunes per day. Well, mail order in general. .
East Coast Supercharging is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 05:12 AM   #5
sscamjes

Well you would be the only one in the country, everyone i have talked to said you can not compound tunes in your pcm/ecm. SCT said it would have to be in the original file with the paxton tune which is locked. Now if you have the Paxton file and then add the fan tune, then reflash that into the programmer it may work. When i called it was at the time of your original response so last year or so. I'll call again.