Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2013, 12:58 AM   #1
Bmatth1162
 
Bmatth1162's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Wilmington, DE
Posts: 318
Anyone else have CRAZY lumbar-support problems? (1ss)

I'm still under warranty and the lumbar support on my car snapped (unfortunately it's basically chicken wire supporting styrofoam on a 1ss) about 2 months ago and I took it to the dealer for a "fix" and after a week and a half wait for parts I get it back... Less than 3 days (1 full-throttle sprint) later it snaps again. I go back to the dealer for another "fix" (2 weeks wait for the seat part this time) and notice that this time it's put on backwards from the way it was after the first "fix"... the hooks on the lumbar support are facing the front of the car whereas before they were facing the rear. It's all good and well until it snaps yet again about 5 days after I get it back this second time. I'm 6'3 205, not in awful shape, not a fitness-model (in case anyone was immediately thinking I'm a heavy-weight) but I'm sick and tired of this seat issue. Is it just an awful dealership I have? Has anyone else been through/experienced anything like this? I have more than half a mind to throw in a used $200 set of fixed sparco racing seats at this point and say F the warranty
__________________

CAI intake, apex scoop, Vmax ported TB, MGW short throw, BMR 1" springs and sways
Bmatth1162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 01:35 AM   #2
EaZ8
 
Drives: CTS
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmatth1162 View Post
I'm still under warranty and the lumbar support on my car snapped (unfortunately it's basically chicken wire supporting styrofoam on a 1ss) about 2 months ago and I took it to the dealer for a "fix" and after a week and a half wait for parts I get it back... Less than 3 days (1 full-throttle sprint) later it snaps again. I go back to the dealer for another "fix" (2 weeks wait for the seat part this time) and notice that this time it's put on backwards from the way it was after the first "fix"... the hooks on the lumbar support are facing the front of the car whereas before they were facing the rear. It's all good and well until it snaps yet again about 5 days after I get it back this second time. I'm 6'3 205, not in awful shape, not a fitness-model (in case anyone was immediately thinking I'm a heavy-weight) but I'm sick and tired of this seat issue. Is it just an awful dealership I have? Has anyone else been through/experienced anything like this? I have more than half a mind to throw in a used $200 set of fixed sparco racing seats at this point and say F the warranty
tagged for interest...

i have back problems and have only sat in the leather seats, does this mean the 1SS seats are not the same with just cloth vs leather?
EaZ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 02:42 AM   #3
F-16 Camaro
 
F-16 Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Alamogordo, NM
Posts: 610
Does the 2ss have lumbar?
F-16 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:46 AM   #4
edgehead2000
2016 Camaro 1LT 2.0T
 
edgehead2000's Avatar
 
Drives: Nemesis
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 793
None of the camaro's have adjustable lumbar. It is what it is with these seats.
edgehead2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:51 AM   #5
Mr Monte
 
Mr Monte's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Chevy SS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 250
I had aftermarket adjustable (electric/pneumatic) lumbar support installed in the factory seats.
__________________
It's nice to have options.

Mr Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #6
Goober
Account Suspended
 
Drives: Camaro
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: US
Posts: 522
What lumbar support?
Goober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:57 AM   #7
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Monte View Post
I had aftermarket adjustable (electric/pneumatic) lumbar support installed in the factory seats.
Link to what you used? I wouldn't mind having the extra support myself.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #8
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL
 
angie7's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Southern Indiana
Posts: 3,751
I have a 1SS and no issues. I'm tiny tho but my fiancé is 6'4 250 lbs and sits in the passenger seat a lot and no issues either. Sounds like a new seat is in order.
__________________
2014 2SS/RS Summit White w/ IOM interior "Powder 2.0"
angie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #9
3rdgen3
10-bolt Destroyer
 
3rdgen3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - AGM, LS3/6M
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Canukistan
Posts: 743
I don't have a 1SS so I can't comment on the differences in the seats (other then that 2SS is leather), but I'm a bigggg guy at 5'10", 315lbs...and my seats are the best seats i've ever had the pleasure of sitting in and driving in on a daily basis.

The ONLY issue I have noticed with the seats, is they sometimes squeak ever so slightly...that and the glue that GM uses on the seat-belt strap has come loose where the leather is folded under and some of the glue has transferred onto the seat belt itself where it rides between the strap and the seat, causing difficulty to pull the seat belt when putting it on as the gluey portion of the seat belt sometimes sticks to the un-glued portion of the leather seat-belt restraint strap.
__________________

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3/TR6060: BTR Stage 4, 2" Long Tubes, 3" Exhaust, UDP, NEP OTR, Monster Twin-Disk, 3.91 Gears, Poly Diff Bushings, BMR Toe Arms, Poly Subframe Inserts, ZL1 Mounts, Arun Tuned - 475rwhp 443rwtq
3rdgen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 03:05 PM   #10
F-16 Camaro
 
F-16 Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Black
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Alamogordo, NM
Posts: 610
I guess I'll buy a back pillow.

I recently had a 2-level lumbar spinal fusion, and in August I'll be moving 8 hours away from my family for the next 4 years. So I'll be doing a lot of road trips home for visits.

Thanks for the info!
F-16 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 03:28 PM   #11
ToddB

 
Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: WI Cert Welder Navy NSSN
Posts: 1,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Monte View Post
I had aftermarket adjustable (electric/pneumatic) lumbar support installed in the factory seats.
I did the same thing in my 2ss. It was easy and it really helped on long road trips.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rp...Fc1aMgodskcAPg This is what I used.
__________________
2011 Camaro SS, LS3,Whipple SC, 13 PSI,CAI intake, ARH 2" Headers, Corsa exhaust, ZL1 fuel pump with ADM FPCM LS9 Cam and Meth,ID850, BMR suspension upgrades,Tune by JRE
ToddB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 03:35 PM   #12
Mr Monte
 
Mr Monte's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Chevy SS
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Oregon
Posts: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
I did the same thing in my 2ss. It was easy and it really helped on long road trips.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rp...Fc1aMgodskcAPg This is what I used.
That looks like the same kit that I have in mine. Looks factory & does over good lower back support.
__________________
It's nice to have options.

Mr Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 03:39 PM   #13
Mr. iNCREDIBLE


 
Mr. iNCREDIBLE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SoCal Baby...
Posts: 2,529
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
I did the same thing in my 2ss. It was easy and it really helped on long road trips.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/rp...Fc1aMgodskcAPg This is what I used.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Monte View Post
That looks like the same kit that I have in mine. Looks factory & does over good lower back support.

any issues with the seat airbags? I have been afraid to mod the seats with a seat cooling kit for that reason..
__________________
I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you fail to understand.
Mr. iNCREDIBLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:12 PM   #14
ToddB

 
Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: WI Cert Welder Navy NSSN
Posts: 1,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
any issues with the seat airbags? I have been afraid to mod the seats with a seat cooling kit for that reason..
no airbags in the seat that I know of. took the seat cover off to install and saw no airbag.
__________________
2011 Camaro SS, LS3,Whipple SC, 13 PSI,CAI intake, ARH 2" Headers, Corsa exhaust, ZL1 fuel pump with ADM FPCM LS9 Cam and Meth,ID850, BMR suspension upgrades,Tune by JRE
ToddB is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.