Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Lethal Racing
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions General 5th generation Camaro topics not covered by other subforums.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #51
10forty2

Drives: 1992 Chevy K5 Blazer
This might not be where you wanted the thread to go, but one of the repeated themes around these boards is "If I do this , will it void my warranty?"

How about a series of bolt-on performance modifications that wouldn't void the existing warranty but would add some significant increases in handling, horsepower, torque, etc? Maybe even include a tuning option? Create a themed series of performance parts that are competitive with other aftermarket providers. But the key here would be that as long as it was installed properly, it would not automatically void the warranty.

Just a thought....
Old 02-20-2012, 02:38 PM   #52
'11CamaroLS
E85 ethanol tuned

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
more v6 options like previously stated... the mustang v6 has a performance package why shouldnt we? i know it would sell. also please stop using the AY6 manual transmissions on the v6 also. many of us manual v6 drivers have problems with it and GM wont address it really. also almost more important to me atleast....camaro gotta lose some weight. atleast where not as heavy as a challenger tho lol
Old 02-20-2012, 02:42 PM   #53
ketel0ne

Drives: Used to have 2010 SGM
Agree with the comments about bringing a blue back and a blue like ABM not a super dark almost black one. Also more bright colors that pop and make them available on all trim levels and performance levels the first year not a Synergy Green fiasco on models.

Maybe even throwback colors like PURPLE or that other aqua/green color.

Avoid the Dodge solution on wheels (chrome clad) at all cost.

More GMPP parts like CAI, exhaust tips (just tips with bowties), shifter knobs and sticks in stainless or some such finish (with logo). Stuff my logo parts dept can stock in their showroom and just sell me spur of the moment or even at time of purchase of the car and have it added on right there.
ketel0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #54
shank0668

Drives: Jeep
Send a message via AIM to shank0668
How about a FIREBIR.......... Never mind.
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #55
GroundhogSS

Drives: '08 Envoy Denali, '06 G35 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
Sun visors that block the sun, front and full length side. Should slide out and extend full length of the side window. Just like an Equinox or C/K.

Harmon Kardon or similar top quality sound system.

V8 auto trans with no AFM.

Keep the retro theme going, make it even more like a '69 Z28.... hideaway headlights, hounds tooth,

A little smaller, a little lighter.... but a hair more side window height, less roof chop. This will make using an ATM possible, and still look like a '69 Z.

Factory tint on the rear windows.

A couple real sweet blues like IBM and ABM.

Fascia suppliers that can match the front fascia to body color perfectly or have the plant paint the whole car. 2 cars in row for me, front fascias not even close to matching the body color. Yes, an old issue, but unless addressed will be a new issue.

Dirt nib free paint.
I agree with a lot of this, but especially the line about the roof line. I think lowering the belt line will give it a better proportion, plus may improve visibility. It doesn't need that much roof chop. I don't care about hid away headlights and thay may not work with HIDs. Blue is good.
Old 02-20-2012, 02:59 PM   #56
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

WHAT Z28?????

You know there is only ONE way I will quit asking.......
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #57
HumanWiki
Former 5th Gen owner

Drives: 2012 IOM Grand Sport 4LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
How about a FIREBIR.......... Never mind.

I'd be in a 2010 TransAm at the moment were it possible.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #58
swizlstik

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
Upgraded technology package with a better quality sounding speaker system and Recaro seats as an option.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:05 PM   #59
Verbolten

Drives: someday a convertible
Redesign the dash. 7 " touch screen nav. The dash needs a center pillar. Like the vette. TRUNK SPACE!!!! Camaro= 7.9 cf Mustang=13.4. Trunk lid design LOL. Interior design fit and finish. A place to put your elbows when driving long distance.
Verbolten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #60
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
Options, Options, Options!!!!!!!

Performance packages for all models ( gears brakes suspension exhaust)

Interior design (body color leather for all colors, infotainment system, seat upgrades, suede)

Basically i would love to be able to shop in the camaro parts bin when ordering any Camaro I.E FE4, brembos on a V6, MR on an SS, etc

looking at the competition they require multiple packages to make there cars similarly equipped as say a 2SS RS. so i dont want to got that route. the job you guys have done so far is awesome.
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:13 PM   #61
GRYGOOS
The Goose is loose!

Drives: 2011 2SS RS M6 CGM IO Stripes/Int
Remove the bowtie and put CAMARO back on the 2012 steering wheel design
GRYGOOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:16 PM   #62
mulletman

Drives: 2010 ABM SS LS3
Do NOT bring back the houndstooth interior. Dawgs will suffer needlessly!
mulletman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #63
blackSSRS

Drives: 2010 RS
Alot of these ideas are great and i think in alot of our minds. For my input...

I think light color options on the gauges and HUD would be a cool idea but overall i could live without that

I think a v6 performance package would do good with sales for us on a budget. as long as its cheaper than just getting the SS

the sunvisors are nearly useless... i can use them but i'm 6'3 so my heads in the roof anyways, my girlfriend can't even raise her ass up to get her head high enough to make the sunvisor useful. i love its small size so it doesn't stand out and look bad, but with how small it is you could just do without it... so a bigger one would be ideal and actually useful

The infotainment system is a great idea, incorporate more readings into the DIC and the idea of a nav system with a 7" tv would be the best upgrade that would be most used i can think of. (this is probably the one thing i really would of liked to seen as an option)
blackSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #64
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
release the carbon edition as a appearance package for all models
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:55 PM   #65
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Metallic 2SS RS
How about All-Season tires at least as an option on the 20 inch wheels. Or standard, and make the summer only tires an option.
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #66
KMPrenger

Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Janet....thank you very much for wanting our input...and also that is my wife's name!

I doubt you can say, but I'm really curious to know if you will be prividing feedback on the current Gen or the next gen Camaro. With that in mind I will divide up my responses:

5th Gen:
I realize complaints about weight and visibility will not be changing with the 5th gen as those kinds of changes would warrant a complete re-design to do any significant changes. Intead, here are my ideas that I feel are doable for a 5th gen refresh.

- I like the comments on extendable sun-visors.
- Maybe add "key memory" where the seat and mirrors adjust depending on key used.
- Updates to the 2012 interior are nice (dash, wheel, and adjustable passenger height). I don't think it needs another interior redesign, but if it was possible to somehow integrate some kind of touch screen or nav I can see that drawing interest...although I will also say I wouldn't opt for it myself and I can see how Camaro buyers in general will probably have less interested in that type of tech than say...Cadillac buyers.
- Along those same lines, I think Ford has really taken a nice step with their driver informational center...offering more customization and track "apps". Maybe this would be something that could be done easier than a nav system.
- I also like the comments on offering some sort of performance package for each car. Perhaps include lower gearing (Maybe 3.55s or 3.73s unless you all felt that would be too low), a 1" lowered stance with performance oriented suspension, and anything else that could be beneficial without the package being overly expensive.
- Give us a more extensive GM warrantied performance parts list. This would be great...gears, shorty or long tube headers, and a proper air intake that really adds horsepower over just function.
- I know blue colors have not sold well on this car, but its amazing how many comments my Aqua blue gets. I think if it wasn't for the aqua hue it would have sold much better, even though in the sun light it is very close to jet-stream blue. My recommendation for the most amazing blue color? Stryker blue from the Pontiac G8 or perhaps Jetstream blue, but it seems a bit lighter. Don't offer a light baby blue, or something too dark...keep it medium and people will like it. Throwing in a metallic attribute really makes these cars "pop".
- As far as a design re-fresh, you need look no further than the Leno concept. Everyone loves that design, although it could step on the design of the ZL1 a little much now that it is out.
- Continue to offer the 5 spoke wheel design, but also offer a polished ZL1 "SSX" type wheel option. Everyone wants that wheel so so bad. Think about adding it as a GMPP part, but maybe price it at a point that will actually sell....cause it will sell.
- Offer a rear diffuser very close to the 2009 concept or original Transformers bumble bee look. SLP offers one on their own Camaros and they look simply fantastic. If not that....make it slightly meaner...perhaps longer "fins".
- Offer ZL1 style or ZL1 like rear wing for all to have.

As for the 6th Gen:

- Put it on the alpha platform...it just makes sense. Unless you guys have another lightweight platform on your hands...just do it. The thought of a 3,400ish lb V6 with 330+ HP or a 3,500 lbl SS with 420+ HP makes all of us drool.
- It could be smaller, but not a lot smaller...somewhere between 4th and 5th gen size.
- Keep the 2+2 layout, with the aggressively high belt line which gives this car is outstanding road presence. Give it the mean hips and a front end that lets others know this car means buisness. Honestly...really not sure how it can look much better than the 5th gen....Camaro team is going to have one hell of a time with this, but keep the same basic forumula and priciples and it will be fine.
- Tight tire to wheel well.
- Give it a more modern but still unique interior...at the very least incorporating the things mentioned for the 5th gen above. Offer something like CUE in the high end trims. If anything, it has to be a sport-ish interior...as much as I love the new malibu and Cadillac ATS interiors, this one needs to be a bit more Camaro-esq.
- Last but not least...keep it affordable. Offer a wide range of trims options so your base V6 can begin in the low to mid 20s, but a full decked out SS running up to low-mid 40s.

Sorry for the long response, but you wanted feedback..and now you have mine!
Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!

Last edited by KMPrenger; 02-20-2012 at 10:33 PM.
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #67
Linker239

Drives: 2010 VR 1LT RS
I'd like to see a performance package for the v6. I really wish for a new blue, Jetstream Blue *cough *cough. Add a red accent option to the car. Like how the inferno orange is, it would be sweet to get it in any body color. Also, make the ambient lighting to be able to change colors.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #68

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
For taller guys, be more forthright about actual headroom with or without a sunroof...

I would have purchased one if the actual head clearance was the same as the

models without one...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:09 PM   #69
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
All - Miss Janet is one of our "12 Disciples of which there are 15" -- she's our "Voice of Corvette" - but has a brand new ZL1 sitting at Oshawa -

The intent of having Disciples is to gather information from the enthusiast community. Each Disciple is known within the community - either as a Webmaster, a Moderator, a Club officer, etc. They're 'out and about' and this is one reason they were selected.

8 men, 7 women -

From around the U.S. and Canada -

All generations of Camaro represented

Firebirds represented

All age groups

-- and I could not be prouder of our Disciples - they are extremely dedicated and represent you very well.
If there's ever a job opening, CALL ME. lol I've got both kidneys, 2 nuts, two arms, 2 legs....basically a spare of almost everything--you just let me know what i have to give in order to get one of those jobs.

But for some serious feedback for the disciples and otherwise:

As said, the Camaro needs a navigation unit. It seems like something you could offer WITH OnStar (other GM vehicles have nav head units?) and also make a good profit. Just saying.

The stock non-nav unit that's in there now truly isn't bad. In fact, it's absolutely brilliant in comparison to the brick radio I had in my Colorado. But when you start to get into the upper echelon of Camaro pricing at $35k, 45k, 55k!!!- for a a ZL1, a proper touchscreen nav device should at least be an expensive option.

Footwell lighting. I see that there's some $500 kit on the ZL1 that does some kind of trick lighting, but I'm talking about 2 light bulbs, one for each footwell, that comes on with the dome lights. It would be awesome if you could make them LED, but to keep expense down, how about 2 regular incandescents, el-cheapo bulb sockets, and some wire going to the BCM? If you want to go overboard, put a light bulb in the glove box. I'd be willing to pay an extra $50 for a "get more than a dome light" option. I live in the Northwest. It's dark up here

The option for a passenger side auto-dimming side mirror. Once again, at $55k, or even $35k it's kind of weird that the left mirror and rear-view mirror are, but then the one on the right isn't. I'd pay extra for it.

Some would argue that none of this stuff should even be in a Camaro, but it is, and most of us are hooked. Speaking of hooked, I had a 2011 Yukon for the weekend and I'm in love with the heated seats that are available in those GMT's. 3 adjustable temperature levels, with the option for seat-back, butt-cushion, or both. I don't think GM wants to rework the dash to put that different control in for the Camaro, but they ARE cool, and I think you might have an appreciative audience. The butt-warmers in my Camaro are decent, but they kind of lack the amount of control I'd be used to in a "driver's car."

A revised brake fluid cap. I don't know if this has been fixed after 2011, but mine, and apparently many other Camaros suffer from a poorly sealing master brake/clutch cylinder cap. The only fix seems to keep trying new caps, visit after visit to the dealer. Meanwhile, I've had fluid leak down the reservoir and strip the paint off the vacuum cylinder. It looks like a tiny bit managed to hit the paint on the apron inside the fender. Not cool. I pop the hood to check it and wipe up every week at least.

Another wish of mine is that the DRL's are either dual-purpose lamps that also serve as a driving lamp with a separate control, or the DRL's are moved to the flashers (orange). Most people have to ask and don't understand why their car has "fog lights" (ok, they're not fog lights, truthfully, they're driving lamps) and there's no switch to turn them on/off

Those are the only things I can think of....mostly very minor....I'm still in LOVE with my SS and am so proud of GM and how far they've come with the latest iteration of "man's best friend" in the form of a car.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:19 PM   #70
AlohaBR

Drives: Camaros...is there anything else?
Cup holders in a better place, but have worked around it.
Sunvisor can be a tad bigger, but have raised my seat to make them work.
Instead of telling me when I am low and having to know my mileage, tell me I am low on gas but keep the Distance to Empty displaying?

And really all these are MINOR, would I buy another if you don't make changes...HECK YEA!

(Actually going to, wife wants 45th anniv convertible.)
AlohaBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:35 PM   #71
Solocus

Drives: 87 Iroc 350, 2001 SS, 45th 2LT
Ok so the ZL1 fulfills the peak pricing point for a Camaro. Now we need something for those of us that subscribe to the belief that a Camaro is a poor mans Vette. Give us a simple, not state-of-the-art ZL1 type car, that is balanced, has a reasonable weight, good HP, and runs like a pony car should. Who needs leather, heated seats, even spoilers and ground effects. Give me a reasonably priced performance car without the luxury items that can stomp a BOSS 302.

Yes, a Z28 would do, maybe even a 1LE race package! 4th gens had the right idea with the Z28 vs the SS. Bring back the hand window cranks if you must, but give us a car that bang for the buck is all Camaro.

I loved it when I could say mustang never made a faster factory car than camaro. Of course this is arguable.

Delivered 9-29-2011 exactly 45 years to the day from the
first 1967 Camaro showing up in dealer showrooms!
Solocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #72
Blake_GM

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS in IBM
Firmware upgrade to existing HUD owners and future SS/2LT/HUD retrofit owners so they also get the G-Meter and Shift lights as the ZL1. I believe it's called "format 4".

Dual mode exhaust option on the SS (like the Vettes and ZL1 both have).

Cooled seats optional across the board (I personally would pick cooled seats over heated and I bet most users on here would also)

..and build the 1LE/Z28 with a slight power bump but still 6.2 and N/A as Old Jedi said I think in the other (ZL1) input thread.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #73
Janet

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 06 Z06, 06 Silverado,
Thanks everyone, please keep them coming.

Janet
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #74
CamaroJim56
Obsessed

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Metallic 2SS RS
yes to the memory seats and larger visor. No way to narrow down that A pillar?
CamaroJim56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #75
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
guys, you need to think of realistic constructive criticism for the current Camaro
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote