Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Anthony @ LG Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
Janet
 
Drives: 2015 Z06, 06 Silverado,
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: So Cal
Posts: 275
Camaro Disciple looking for input

The Camaro Disciples will be meeting in a few weeks & I would like your input.

I do NOT want any OLD complaints. The Camaro Team are well aware of problems & take your complaints very seriously.

I am looking for your wishes, dreams and any changes you would like. Remember that most changes come with trade offs, $ cost or weight. What would you like me to present to the Camaro Team?

Janet
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:12 PM   #2
Blizzard
Searching for the truth
 
Blizzard's Avatar
 
Drives: 85 K-10, 13 1LE
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Macon, GA
Posts: 624
A Z28 built off a 1ss with an LS7. Or just use this link to show what we mean. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149090
__________________
2013 1LE 1SS RS TPW 4/29
Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
Gramps69Z
Still waiting on the Z
 
Gramps69Z's Avatar
 
Drives: 69 Z/28, 06 Denali, 09 CTS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Destin FL
Posts: 1,649
Send a message via AIM to Gramps69Z Send a message via Yahoo to Gramps69Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
A Z28 built off a 1ss with an LS7. Or just use this link to show what we mean. http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149090
__________________
October 31, 2015 at 0700 - officially retired
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
2006 Denali
2009 Cadillac CTS


The Six Old Guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
The last thing we want is to ship something that isn't right.
Gramps69Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #4
Janet
 
Drives: 2015 Z06, 06 Silverado,
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: So Cal
Posts: 275
I took a look at this thread...but not all 60+ pages. You want an LS7, not an LSA correct? No MR suspension? Coilovers. Exhaust was different from the Z06 & ZL1, what did you decide on? Someone give me the final version in a nutshell.

I knew that this forum would be the most interesting.

Janet
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #5
ShnOmac


 
ShnOmac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PNW
Posts: 13,315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
I took a look at this thread...but not all 60+ pages. You want an LS7, not an LSA correct? No MR suspension? Coilovers. Exhaust was different from the Z06 & ZL1, what did you decide on? Someone give me the final version in a nutshell.

I knew that this forum would be the most interesting.

Janet
Where is Lowdown when we need him.......


Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
LS7, converted to wet sump, with ZL1 wheels/tires = 1SS Curb Weight.

As Production-ready, currently, LS3 = 426hp, while LS7 = 505hp...maybe 500 with Camaro exhaust (remember, Vette LS3 = 430, Base...).

Co$t$? Priced as crate engines from GM PP, LS7 is LE$$ than LSA, even after purchasing the necessary controller and harness. Partial credit for deleted LS3, so...

1SS + LS7 + HD MN6 + Forged 20s + FE4 = low-$40s (BOSS money).

But ya gotta wanna do it...
We also decided on a beefed up drive train.... For me personally I would rather see Pedders suspension bit's thrown in from the factory. I'm sure JP would like to see that as well.....

Last edited by ShnOmac; 02-20-2012 at 02:07 PM.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #6
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie
 
Char1ieone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: La Mesa/Las Cruces, NM & El Paso, TX
Posts: 1,728
I know that everyone is going to be putting their input about weight, the Z28, suspension, so I'm going to go a different direction. I have a few concerns about the audio part of the Camaro. I myself have a 2010 2SS so I am not sure if any of these fixes have occurred but I'm going to throw them out their.

1.) A solution to the audio interface:
The connectivity of the USB to the iPod in my eye is very piss poor in selecting your options. I do not enjoy having to do this quick scroll of my selection knob in hopes that some random RPM of it will finally allow me to choose artists by Alphabetical order. A selection in the menu needs to be installed so that we could go to menu>Artists>Alpabetical Selection and I can go to my 'P' section of artists instead of quickly turning the knob in hopes that I can get to Pennywise/

2.) Rattling of rear speakers:
I know that there's a rattle from the truck that I have simply fixed by just putting a thin strip of weatherstripping on the edge of the trunk, but I am still getting a rattle from the rear speaker panels. I've heard that GM provides a fix of installing a new lower wattage amp from the original but I would rather like to see a better secured paneling in case of future aftermarket use.

These are just little ticks on my end about the Camaro that I believe should be looked more into, but not over the performance end of considerations.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #7
Gramps69Z
Still waiting on the Z
 
Gramps69Z's Avatar
 
Drives: 69 Z/28, 06 Denali, 09 CTS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Destin FL
Posts: 1,649
Send a message via AIM to Gramps69Z Send a message via Yahoo to Gramps69Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
I know that everyone is going to be putting their input about weight, the Z28, suspension, so I'm going to go a different direction. I have a few concerns about the audio part of the Camaro. I myself have a 2010 2SS so I am not sure if any of these fixes have occurred but I'm going to throw them out their.

1.) A solution to the audio interface:
The connectivity of the USB to the iPod in my eye is very piss poor in selecting your options. I do not enjoy having to do this quick scroll of my selection knob in hopes that some random RPM of it will finally allow me to choose artists by Alphabetical order. A selection in the menu needs to be installed so that we could go to menu>Artists>Alpabetical Selection and I can go to my 'P' section of artists instead of quickly turning the knob in hopes that I can get to Pennywise/

2.) Rattling of rear speakers:
I know that there's a rattle from the truck that I have simply fixed by just putting a thin strip of weatherstripping on the edge of the trunk, but I am still getting a rattle from the rear speaker panels. I've heard that GM provides a fix of installing a new lower wattage amp from the original but I would rather like to see a better secured paneling in case of future aftermarket use.

These are just little ticks on my end about the Camaro that I believe should be looked more into, but not over the performance end of considerations.


You're kidding right?
__________________
October 31, 2015 at 0700 - officially retired
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
2006 Denali
2009 Cadillac CTS


The Six Old Guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
The last thing we want is to ship something that isn't right.
Gramps69Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:14 PM   #8
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...
 
Mr. Wyndham's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE...Drove: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 27,594
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
The Camaro Disciples will be meeting in a few weeks & I would like your input.

I do NOT want any OLD complaints. The Camaro Team are well aware of problems & take your complaints very seriously.

I am looking for your wishes, dreams and any changes you would like. Remember that most changes come with trade offs, $ cost or weight. What would you like me to present to the Camaro Team?

Janet

Janet -- ask the team to give these guys their Z28!!
__________________
"Keep the faith." - - Read Twice Before You Post.
...Anxiously waiting to order a silver "Z"...

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:15 PM   #9
Gramps69Z
Still waiting on the Z
 
Gramps69Z's Avatar
 
Drives: 69 Z/28, 06 Denali, 09 CTS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Destin FL
Posts: 1,649
Send a message via AIM to Gramps69Z Send a message via Yahoo to Gramps69Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Janet -- ask the team to give these guys their Z28!!
In a 5th gen. please!
__________________
October 31, 2015 at 0700 - officially retired
1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
2006 Denali
2009 Cadillac CTS


The Six Old Guys
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
The last thing we want is to ship something that isn't right.
Gramps69Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:16 PM   #10
Janet
 
Drives: 2015 Z06, 06 Silverado,
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: So Cal
Posts: 275
Thanks, I've got the Z28, if you have more info, just let me know & I will add it. Char1ieone, I've added your info, thanks.

Janet
Janet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #11
toesuf94


 
toesuf94's Avatar
 
Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Posts: 4,742
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
1 A V6 Performance package - force inducted V6 with Brembo brakes and handling upgrade, a lighter wheel upgrade. This would be a simple deal to implement on the line.
Top out at $31k

2 The Z28 package mentioned above sounds like a beautiful thing. (1SS + LS7 + HD MN6 + Forged 20s + FE4 = low-$40s (BOSS money).)
__________________
Cars and women are both going to give you problems...but you can pay somebody else to fix your car!
toesuf94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:28 PM   #12
Hylton


 
Hylton's Avatar
 
Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 7,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
1 A V6 Performance package - force inducted V6 with Brembo brakes and handling upgrade, a lighter wheel upgrade. This would be a simple deal to implement on the line.
Top out at $31k

2 The Z28 package mentioned above sounds like a beautiful thing. (1SS + LS7 + HD MN6 + Forged 20s + FE4 = low-$40s (BOSS money).)
but dump the fake mail slot on the Z. Use the V6 or ZL1 front fascia.
__________________
"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
Hylton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:47 PM   #13
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie
 
Char1ieone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: La Mesa/Las Cruces, NM & El Paso, TX
Posts: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps69Z View Post
[/B]
You're kidding right?
Not at all Gramps!
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #14
ShnOmac


 
ShnOmac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PNW
Posts: 13,315
JP, care to chime in?
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
where's our z/28?

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GM unveils Jay Leno Camaro, Camaro Synergy, Camaro Chroma, Camaro Dusk at SEMA irocnroll 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 101 02-27-2012 12:25 PM
Automobile Reviews 2011 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible 2SS Tran Camaro Convertible Forum 33 07-28-2011 07:36 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
The DEFINITIVE EXPLANATION OF CAMARO SUSPENSION, ISSUES, AND UPGRADES Info@PeddersUSA.com Suspension / Brakes / Chassis 106 10-19-2009 06:08 PM
Ambient lighting (ABL) - the FINAL update = LIMITED TO DOOR PANELS CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 338 04-15-2009 05:33 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.