Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 01-16-2017, 02:54 PM   #1
Stewart

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS & Ground effects
Question Exhaust cut outs on my Convertible

I was going to post this in the exhaust section, but I figured as I want to install these on my Convertible this would be a better place. With that said, I am kicking around the idea of installing these ( Quick Time Cutouts ) Has anyone in the convertible family done this? If so a sound clip would be cool and possible a DIY like where did you place them etc.. I am most likely going to have a local speed shop do the work as it appears to be easier with a lift. I read a thread some where on here that there are braces that should not be removed so I am aware of that. Any ideas or suggestions would be great.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:58 AM   #2
Bowtie-Bri

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Convt.
Hi Stewart,

I have No Weeds dual mode Electric diverters on my car. I didn't do the install. I had Nickey install them for me. They did need to remove one brace but seen as how I'm not planning to track my car, I was told there wouldn't be any problems with chassis flex.
Here's a video of the electric diverters ie. cutouts

2013 Nickey Stage II Camaro SS Convertible #10.Black w/ Red leather interior. No Weeds Elec. Diverters, CNC ported heads, custom grind cam, upgraded fuel injectors, ZL-1 fuel pump, V-Max ported TB, Red Magnuson Super Charger with rear cog drive, upgraded rear axles good for 1400Hp, 3:45 gears, Tremec 6 spd., Pedders adj. coil overs, Phadt ZL-spec swaybars, 800Hp at the crank, 670RWHP, 613ft.lbs. torq. @ 11lbs. boost.
Bowtie-Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:28 AM   #3
Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie-Bri View Post
Hi Stewart,

I have No Weeds dual mode Electric diverters on my car. I didn't do the install. I had Nickey install them for me. They did need to remove one brace but seen as how I'm not planning to track my car, I was told there wouldn't be any problems with chassis flex.
Here's a video of the electric diverters ie. cutouts

Thank you, That sounds great exactly what I am looking for. Did they remove your cats?
Old 01-17-2017, 10:54 AM   #4
Bowtie-Bri

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Convt.
I have Kooks LT with high flow cats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
Thank you, That sounds great exactly what I am looking for. Did they remove your cats?
2013 Nickey Stage II Camaro SS Convertible #10.Black w/ Red leather interior. No Weeds Elec. Diverters, CNC ported heads, custom grind cam, upgraded fuel injectors, ZL-1 fuel pump, V-Max ported TB, Red Magnuson Super Charger with rear cog drive, upgraded rear axles good for 1400Hp, 3:45 gears, Tremec 6 spd., Pedders adj. coil overs, Phadt ZL-spec swaybars, 800Hp at the crank, 670RWHP, 613ft.lbs. torq. @ 11lbs. boost.
Bowtie-Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:27 AM   #5
Stewart

Quote:
I would go that route but I have to be careful with the visual and emission tests when I move to Cali.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:45 PM   #6
Stewart

Quote:
I decided on Doug's Electric Cut outs as they do not require any welding. I looked at quick time but the sales person said that they do not have any model that would fit my car except an entire muffler system at around 1300.00. Yea too much for me, the Dougs complete set with turn downs came to half that. One thing I did not know is all the cut outs are not recommended for cars with catalytic convertors. Have you heard of this or have you had any problems? I am guess the further away from them the better? The instructions say to place them 12 inches behind the exhaust header collectors (what ever they are)
Attached Images

Last edited by Stewart; 01-17-2017 at 03:01 PM.
Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 05:32 PM   #7
Jminshew

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
Phastek sales the quick time electric cutouts already ready to go
Jminshew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:42 PM   #8
phk36

Drives: 45 th 2ss convertible
Sounds nice any more ?
Old 01-18-2017, 08:23 AM   #9
Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jminshew View Post
I called Quick Time and was Told that they did not have any to fit my 14 2SS that there was only a cat back with one attached to the muffler. So, I stopped looking figuring since they made them they would know.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:17 AM   #10
Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jminshew View Post
damn, I just checked their site and saw this http://www.phastekperformance.com/QT...out-500110.htm
I would have gotten them if the sales person from Quick Time did not lie and try to sell me a 1300.00 system instead.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:47 AM   #11
MyLocalDJ

Drives: 2015 LS
I used that same oval QT cutout on my Foose Mustang. I bought just the cutouts which were not as easy as they have in the link above. I had a local shop do the pipe cut / installation and welding. My cutouts are before my Cats and loud! I liked the oval design because the car was lowered and a lot of regular cutouts have the motor in an area that gets hit on speed bumps.
2015 LS: VIS Racing Terminator Carbon Fiber Hood, Roto-Fab X5 CAI with Scoop, 3D Carbon Fender Vents, Solo HFC, Solo Mach-X-LFX CatBack, 4 Pack Gauges, Custom Katzkin Leather Seats w/ Heaters, Trifecta Tune, Vitesse Throttle Controller, Vertical Door Hinges, Foose 20" Legend Wheels, Oracle RGB Wheel Rings, RGB Strips all vents, XKchrome controllers, LED Smoked Tail Lights, Oracle SMD Side Marker Lights, PACS RPK5-GM4101 Dash Panel, Pioneer AVIC-5100NEX Head/Nav

MyLocalDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:16 PM   #12
spike III
COTW 6/25/12

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLocalDJ View Post
I used that same oval QT cutout on my Foose Mustang. I bought just the cutouts which were not as easy as they have in the link above. I had a local shop do the pipe cut / installation and welding. My cutouts are before my Cats and loud! I liked the oval design because the car was lowered and a lot of regular cutouts have the motor in an area that gets hit on speed bumps.
That's why I bought the low profile QTP cut outs. I just don't like the open close switch. If someone has changed the switch please let me know and maybe a pic of it if possible.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:47 AM   #13
MyLocalDJ

Drives: 2015 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike III View Post
That's why I bought the low profile QTP cut outs. I just don't like the open close switch. If someone has changed the switch please let me know and maybe a pic of it if possible.
I bought the wireless keyfob option but wound up not using it. I installed the switch inside the console next to my cig lighter plug. I only use my cutouts when rolling into a show or parade so I did not mind the switch there. Too loud for just normal driving.
2015 LS: VIS Racing Terminator Carbon Fiber Hood, Roto-Fab X5 CAI with Scoop, 3D Carbon Fender Vents, Solo HFC, Solo Mach-X-LFX CatBack, 4 Pack Gauges, Custom Katzkin Leather Seats w/ Heaters, Trifecta Tune, Vitesse Throttle Controller, Vertical Door Hinges, Foose 20" Legend Wheels, Oracle RGB Wheel Rings, RGB Strips all vents, XKchrome controllers, LED Smoked Tail Lights, Oracle SMD Side Marker Lights, PACS RPK5-GM4101 Dash Panel, Pioneer AVIC-5100NEX Head/Nav

MyLocalDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 09:44 AM   #14
spike III
COTW 6/25/12

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
damn, I just checked their site and saw this http://www.phastekperformance.com/QT...out-500110.htm
I would have gotten them if the sales person from Quick Time did not lie and try to sell me a 1300.00 system instead.
Send it back if you don't like it for what ever reason.