Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2009, 05:05 PM   #71
K-A
 
K-A's Avatar
 
Drives: M-B E350 AMG Sport / '09 Malibu
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: California
Posts: 44
It was a 3.8 un-Optioned model, @ $25K. Good bargain, I'd say better than the Camaro V6 all in all. The only thing that would sway me into a Camaro 6'er over it would be the "cool-factor" and exterior styling in a sense (more dramatic, which can be either a good or bad thing again, depending on my mood). In a year or two it will be interesting to see which cars design approach has allowed it to remain attractive to look at in a timeless sense.
__________________
'13 F10 BMW 535i ///M Sport : Jet Black/Black-Anthracite : Premium & Technology Packages/Sport Auto Trans/Camera/Park Distance Control/Heated Seats/Tinted Windows/Blacked Out Markers/Performance Spoiler.

K-A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:31 PM   #72
Super Sport
 
Drives: Mazda 3 GS 2008.5
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 55
Sorry but, the Genesis Coupe does turn some heads. My neighbor owns one (well, he owns the entire dealership) and I have taken it to school a couple of times. People stop you in traffic and ask you what kind of car that is, and you get to see their jaws drop when you tell them it's a Hyundai.
Super Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:09 PM   #73
GTengineer
 
GTengineer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 Z06
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Yorktown, VA
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sport View Post
Sorry but, the Genesis Coupe does turn some heads. My neighbor owns one (well, he owns the entire dealership) and I have taken it to school a couple of times. People stop you in traffic and ask you what kind of car that is, and you get to see their jaws drop when you tell them it's a Hyundai.
I saw one on the highway a few weeks ago ... it barely grabbed my attention. At first I didn't even realize it was a new car until I noticed it said Genesis. I am sure the import crowd will eat it up though.
__________________
2004 Corvette Z06
1996 Camaro 3.8L (M5)

Last edited by GTengineer; 05-20-2009 at 01:20 PM.
GTengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:35 PM   #74
JMM1181
 
Drives: '07 350z
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 139
I've yet to see one in MA yet, I've been hoping to see either a Gen. Coupe or Camaro but haven't seen either. I used to own a decently modded '05 Tiburon and know the quality of Hyundai is solid but that engine was anemic, so I'm happy to see them with a great new RWD platform to work with. If it was between the V6 versions only, I'd probably go with the Gen. Coupe only because I'd get tired of people asking me whether or not the Camaro is the V8, but as for exterior styling, I actually like the Camaro much better although both are sharp cars.
JMM1181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 05:29 PM   #75
RobH
 
RobH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM 1LT RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkme323 View Post
It could have easily been a 3.8, they actually start at 25k.
No, they don't. The 3.8 track starts at 31,250.
RobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 07:33 PM   #76
ConceptVBS
 
Drives: POS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: iraq
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
No, they don't. The 3.8 track starts at 31,250.
The car that he saw was the $25K 3.8 BASE model, not the Track.

If you dont believe me, take a look at this: http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicle/Ge...g/pricing.aspx

And no the 3.8 Track doesnt start at $31,250, it maxes out at that price with ALL options included.


These are the only options available:

Options
Carpeted floor mats $95
iPod®/USB cable $30
Cargo tray $95
Wheel locks $50


So even the base 3.8 BASE is very well equipped.
ConceptVBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:51 AM   #77
manimsoblack

 
manimsoblack's Avatar
 
Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bradenton/Ruskin FL
Posts: 1,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConceptVBS View Post
The car that he saw was the $25K 3.8 BASE model, not the Track.

If you dont believe me, take a look at this: http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicle/Ge...g/pricing.aspx

And no the 3.8 Track doesnt start at $31,250, it maxes out at that price with ALL options included.


These are the only options available:

Options
Carpeted floor mats $95
iPod®/USB cable $30
Cargo tray $95
Wheel locks $50


So even the base 3.8 BASE is very well equipped.
So the camaro is a better buy. Good to know.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
You take a shit on everything fun and good on this forum.
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:08 AM   #78
RobH
 
RobH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 IBM 1LT RS M6
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConceptVBS View Post
The car that he saw was the $25K 3.8 BASE model, not the Track.

If you dont believe me, take a look at this: http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicle/Ge...g/pricing.aspx

And no the 3.8 Track doesnt start at $31,250, it maxes out at that price with ALL options included.


These are the only options available:

Options
Carpeted floor mats $95
iPod®/USB cable $30
Cargo tray $95
Wheel locks $50


So even the base 3.8 BASE is very well equipped.
The entire thread is about the 3.8 track, not the 3.8 base, so why do you keep trying to confuse the issue by stating the price of a car that is not even involved in the comparison? You were wrong when you started all this and you are still wrong now.
RobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:25 PM   #79
ConceptVBS
 
Drives: POS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: iraq
Posts: 74
These people are not talking about a Track model.



Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A
The V6 Camaro I looked at was like $28K, and the Genesis was $25K, the 'Maro was extremely base and left me kind of cold, the Genesis seemed more confidence inspiring to look at and sit in. With those prices I'd have to say the Genesis has the edge IMO. Now give me about 6 months and I'll tell you if I still hold that opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
At the 25k price point, you were probably looking at the 2.0T version instead of the 3.8 Track. The 3.8 Track goes for about $31k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-A View Post
It was a 3.8 un-Optioned model, @ $25K. Good bargain, I'd say better than the Camaro V6 all in all. The only thing that would sway me into a Camaro 6'er over it would be the "cool-factor" and exterior styling in a sense (more dramatic, which can be either a good or bad thing again, depending on my mood). In a year or two it will be interesting to see which cars design approach has allowed it to remain attractive to look at in a timeless sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkme323 View Post
It could have easily been a 3.8, they actually start at 25k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
No, they don't. The 3.8 track starts at 31,250.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConceptVBS
The car that he saw was the $25K 3.8 BASE model, not the Track.

If you dont believe me, take a look at this: http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicle/Ge...g/pricing.aspx

And no the 3.8 Track doesnt start at $31,250, it maxes out at that price with ALL options included.


These are the only options available:

Options
Carpeted floor mats $95
iPod®/USB cable $30
Cargo tray $95
Wheel locks $50


So even the base 3.8 BASE is very well equipped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
The entire thread is about the 3.8 track, not the 3.8 base, so why do you keep trying to confuse the issue by stating the price of a car that is not even involved in the comparison? You were wrong when you started all this and you are still wrong now.
ConceptVBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:45 AM   #80
chevyridinghigh
The Bowtie Is Back
 
chevyridinghigh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Silver Camaro SS/RS -Blk Int.
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Westchester County, NY
Posts: 655
I thought it was interesting how alot of the negatives for the hyundai were solved by the writer saying "but in the future they will". Very biased article, just like most media outlets crapping on American cars.
__________________
2SS RS SIM M6 with Polish Silver wheels
chevyridinghigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:38 PM   #81
Thrillz


 
Thrillz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Charger R/T / 2012 Dodge Ram
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 2,558
I can honestly say not one person will even glance your way driving the genesis. I took one for a long test drive it was like i was invisible. Pethetic really for a new car. Guys who drive there camaro cant get one block without being glared at.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:00 PM   #82
Georgie

 
Georgie's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro... soon
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,217
camaro is the better buy here
__________________
2011 IOM or CGM 1SS
Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:33 AM   #83
blinkme323
 
Drives: -
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philly
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
I can honestly say not one person will even glance your way driving the genesis. I took one for a long test drive it was like i was invisible. Pethetic really for a new car. Guys who drive there camaro cant get one block without being glared at.
That's just a ridiculous statement, the car gets more looks than any new car out there other than the Camaro. Not pAthetic by any means.
blinkme323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #84
manimsoblack

 
manimsoblack's Avatar
 
Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Bradenton/Ruskin FL
Posts: 1,165
eh, i've seen a few around town they just look like a new tiburon
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle2k View Post
You take a shit on everything fun and good on this forum.
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CAMARO WIKI Tran Wiki 54 02-06-2016 11:33 AM
Songs About Camaros (for your driving pleasure) Emjay 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 74 12-18-2014 12:42 AM
SEMA Camaro: Yellow Camaro Concept Tran Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery 45 09-01-2011 02:19 PM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
Detroit News panel wants GM to build Camaro concept Tran 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 12 03-15-2009 04:38 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.