Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-25-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
Yellow1lt

Drives: Yellow 1LT
Reduce wheel hop after cam install

After I get my cam installed I wanted to reduce wheel hop as well as a little better cornering I don't wanna lower my car though so what would be the best beginner things to do and price points as well?

Thanks

2010 IOM 1SS - razzi body kit, havoc spolier, rksport ram air hood, CAI intake, SLP loudmouth 1 exhaust, gm gauges, bluetooth onstar. coming soon - Jannetty racing 470 cam package!
2010 Yellow 1LT - razzi front lip, transformer style spoiler, transformer center caps, mrpr exhaust, K&N CAI
Yellow1lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:15 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
- rear cradle bushes
- rear diff bushes
- trailing arms & trailing arm bushes
- toe rods

I'm sure if you shoot Pete a PM he will be able to work with you to get the best set up.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
- rear cradle bushes
- rear diff bushes
- trailing arms & trailing arm bushes
- toe rods
Wheel hop is very simply a rapid and repeated loss and recovery of traction. When a car begins to accelerate various bushings and suspension/chassis components deflect. Under normal driving conditions this flexing is negligible but when the car is launched aggressively the deflection causes significant toe changes which reduce the contact patch of the rear tires. This leads to a reduction in traction and momentary wheel slippage which alleviates the toe changes and allows the rear tires to regrip. The vicious circle then continues as the suddenly improved traction again results in deflection and toe changes leading to wheel slippage.

The components stieger listed above are the main culprits. The only thing I might add is a rear sway bar upgrade. That along with the rear cradle bushings will also contribute to improved corner carving as well as wheel hop elimination. If you have any questions feel free to hit me up. Assisting our customers in finding the best solution for their application is what we do.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:37 PM   #4
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
Wheel hop is very simply a rapid and repeated loss and recovery of traction. When a car begins to accelerate various bushings and suspension/chassis components deflect. Under normal driving conditions this flexing is negligible but when the car is launched aggressively the deflection causes significant toe changes which reduce the contact patch of the rear tires. This leads to a reduction in traction and momentary wheel slippage which alleviates the toe changes and allows the rear tires to regrip. The vicious circle then continues as the suddenly improved traction again results in deflection and toe changes leading to wheel slippage.

The components stieger listed above are the main culprits. The only thing I might add is a rear sway bar upgrade. That along with the rear cradle bushings will also contribute to improved corner carving as well as wheel hop elimination. If you have any questions feel free to hit me up. Assisting our customers in finding the best solution for their application is what we do.
Yay I was helpful
Old 02-25-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Yay I was helpful
Old 02-25-2012, 09:52 PM   #6
Yellow1lt

Can you pm a good price on these parts shipped to 32905?

2010 IOM 1SS - razzi body kit, havoc spolier, rksport ram air hood, CAI intake, SLP loudmouth 1 exhaust, gm gauges, bluetooth onstar. coming soon - Jannetty racing 470 cam package!
2010 Yellow 1LT - razzi front lip, transformer style spoiler, transformer center caps, mrpr exhaust, K&N CAI
Old 02-26-2012, 07:26 AM   #7
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow1lt View Post
Can you pm a good price on these parts shipped to 32905?
Done.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:31 AM   #8
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Yay I was helpful

I will echo Chase... I have first had experience with wheel hop. Shredded a set of ring and pinion gears at the track one cold March day with an otherwise stock car on PZeros!

I replaced all of the items listed here and the car is on rails. I am not so sure why you're opposed to lowering the car... it really improves the look and the feel of the car but to each his own.

I have all BMR stuff but Pedders and Pfadt are good stuff too.

Look to Apex Motorsports for ultra fast serivce and service after the sale that is second to none!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:07 AM   #9
rdblan2

Drives: 2SS RS
I've ordered most of these exact parts from Chase over the winter. Thinking of more power in the future so I wanted to get the suspension squared away first.

I likely won't lower either because my driveway is a bit steep and I drag a little now unless I'm very careful.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:23 AM   #10
NateSS
1337 AH64D driver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Chase will get you the best deal. He did it for me for all those parts listed.
They make a HUGE difference. Also went with some invos and now i can really put that power to the ground.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:25 AM   #11
rdblan2

Drives: 2SS RS
Oh, if you decide on sway bars, don't forget the end links.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:28 AM   #12
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdblan2 View Post
Oh, if you decide on sway bars, don't forget the end links.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #13
Yellow1lt

I'm thinking trailing arm kit for right now and doing it time of cam install

Old 02-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #14
epstein
Account Suspended

Drives: SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to epstein
ALIGNMENT!
epstein is offline   Reply With Quote