Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > California Meets and Events

Old 02-26-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
Falundir

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition SS
Bay Area - Mt. Hamilton/Mines Rd Canyon Crawl 3/25 Sign Up Thread

The old discussion thread is located here.

Please review the details below. These will be changed and refined in the near future and listed here to make this the most enjoyable run possible.

Goal
This thread is a signup thread for all of those attending this run. Please list how many people will be with you for proper reservations.

Date
March 25th

Food
Currently we will be ending up at First Street Alehouse, however this may change based on how many people we end up with. I have been in contact with the manager, and if we end up too large we may have to move to another location since they would require a 'wedding style buffet' (min purchase of $1000).

Route
The previous route is listed below. However this will be refined this week.

The route will start on the San Jose side of Mt Hamilton in Murillo (?). We will need to locate a large enough parking lot (which should be easy to do) to use as a staging ground. We need to be as close to the starting line as possible (reasoning below).

We will end in Livermore at a parking lot TBD to gather up and head to our final destination as a group.

Running Style
Let's be honest here, the number one complaint I hear is how many different driving styles we have and how each prefers to go their own pace and not be forced to keep up or get lost.

We need to add into this that casually this is a moderate skill road, with the skill required increasing the more aggressive you drive. Plus there are a ton of bikes (motor and ped) who will be enjoying this road just as we are, so we need to be aware of them!

I'm open to suggestion, however for now this is how we will operate.

1. Prior to the event, via pm, I will get an aggression rating from each driver (scale 1-100). This rating will determine your order, allowing everyone to drive at their own pace. I will reserve the right to make last minute changes if I think someone's 80 is actually a 30... Also if you list yourself as a 95 with no suspension work compared to other aggressive drivers with heavy suspension, you will be placed behind them.

Shutterbugs should reduce their rating by 50 as you will want to pull over a few times for shots.

2. We will meet up at the gathering point and re-review choke points and 1 lane roads.

3. The pecking order will be announced and I will be directing the cars out of the lot in this order. Keep in mind that this means I'm last and will be behind PacificKing (grandma) when I'd put myself at a 75... So if anyone doesn't drive safe I'll bring you back from the dead and kill you myself~

4. DRIVE SAFE, MIND ROAD HAZARDS, ONE LANE ROADS, OTHER RIDERS/DRIVERS ON THE ROAD!!!!

5. We will gather up at the lot in Livermore. My lovely wife gets carsick easy so she won't join me on this, however she will join at this point and I'll stuff a cooler of drinks and some snacks in her trunk for those who get to the lot and are hanging out waiting on the rest.

6. Once the last driver is in we will fire em up and roll out to our final destination that we decide on below.

7. Have a great time.

8. Drive safe going home.

Other Notes
I'm doing my best to attempt to fix the top complaints I hear about our other events so PLEASE post here or pm if there is anything else you can think of that we should address. I don't mind dropping the hammer to get it done so everyone can enjoy things at their own pace.

This is a beautiful and very enjoyable drive that everyone should experience at least once in their life. Driving casually it is very safe, but like any canyon carve, respect the road.

Let's do this~ :5thgenvert:

Some inspiration for you...

On Mountain Hamilton by flopper, on Flickr

Mount Hamilton Sunset by Images by John 'K', on Flickr

Mount Hamilton Sunset Panorama by Images by John 'K', on Flickr

End of Day by atenpo, on Flickr
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
Falundir

Current sign up list imported from the last thread.

To sign up please re-read the 'running style' section above and PM me your aggression level. The levels range from 1-100 with 1 being always under the speed limit by 5 or greater mph, and 100 being borderline reckless driving (which is not condoned).

ONLY PM ME YOUR AGGRESSION LEVEL, DO NOT POST HERE! (rumor has it that in the past the police have monitored msg boards for potential aggressive cruises to increase police presence. While this is not a run that will be violating the law, you don't want to be singled out.)

Please confirm your + status!

zList:

Falundir
Plus Status: +1, but doesn't want the extra weight so she will be at the regroup parking lot~
Aggression Level Submitted: YES

CyberLS
Plus Status: Accepting bribes to ride shotgun.

Phoenix
Plus Status: Other half has their own car~!

Mindz
Plus Status: ?
Aggression Level Submitted: ?

wally_bear

TCorzett
Plus Status: Rejected all applications from the cheerleaders to ride with him.

The Shadoww
Plus Status: Solo at the moment.

PacificKing
Plus Status: Taking applications - must be female and blonde, all other negotiable.

Haywire

The Yeti
Plus Status: Doesn't have a passenger seat.

SS_Los
Plus Status: +1

Neriah

d-nash
Plus Status: Doesn't want the extra weight.

evilbeef54
Plus Status: +2

ducq
Plus Status: Doesn't want the extra weight.

LibraCoco

Neriahs_Friend

Last edited by Falundir; 03-05-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:13 PM   #3
TCorzett
Fish out of Water

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
Sounds good to me... I'm really looking forward to this!

-Todd...
TCorzett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:35 PM   #4
Falundir

The list has been updated.
Old 02-28-2012, 03:33 AM   #5
The Yeti
On the wrong side of town

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
Can't wait.

The Yeti - just an 11sec NA grocery getter!!!

08 G8 GT Premium/Sports Package W/Sunroof
Pat G Tuned, Heads/Cam/gears/Stalled, Dropped, Brembos on all 4 corners and every bolt on under the sun.

April 2011 G8 of the Month
June 2012 G8 of the Month
April 2013 G8 of the Month
@G8BOARD.COM
The Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:28 PM   #6
Falundir

The list has been updated. New sign ups added.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:05 PM   #7
Neriahs_Friend

Drives: Corvette Z06
Old 03-03-2012, 01:45 AM   #8
cyberLS

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey LS
i can have a plus status for some gas money
Old 03-05-2012, 12:57 AM   #9
Falundir

Been sick this weekend. Lots of updates by EoD tomorrow~
Old 03-05-2012, 06:35 PM   #10
Falundir

The list has been updated. New sign ups added.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #11
Falundir

A few notes from the BWW meeting.

First off, huge thanks for everyone who attended and provided feedback and suggestions.

Main points (details to be provided after a test drive on 3/11) -
- The route will be changing to avoid shared one lane roads.
- New proposed route has the same starting point, however taking Del Puerto Canyon Rd to I-5 to Corral Hollow Rd into Livermore.
- The San Jose side of Mt Hamilton is a tight rd that can just suck at times. As a result we are strongly advising that everyone go the posted speedlimit. Trust me you won't want to sprint this side. After the top you have excellent distance visibility and the fun starts.
- This is a 2.5-3 hr cruise, so there are two points that we recommend as rest points. One is at the top of Mt Hamilton at the observatory. The second is a place called The Junction, located where we turn right to go onto Del Puerto Canyon Rd. I will find a third rest point when I do the test drive.

I will be posting detailed maps, and the official starting and ending locations in a few days. I'm headed up to Tahoe before the storm tonight and will have some time to chew at this as I'm recovering from falling on my rear 1000x snowboarding...
Old 03-14-2012, 12:46 AM   #12
perezalexander21
My Baby

Drives: 2011 2LT/Rs,6-Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post
The old discussion thread is located here.

Please review the details below. These will be changed and refined in the near future and listed here to make this the most enjoyable run possible.

Goal
This thread is a signup thread for all of those attending this run. Please list how many people will be with you for proper reservations.

Date
March 25th

Food
Currently we will be ending up at First Street Alehouse, however this may change based on how many people we end up with. I have been in contact with the manager, and if we end up too large we may have to move to another location since they would require a 'wedding style buffet' (min purchase of $1000).

Route
The previous route is listed below. However this will be refined this week.

The route will start on the San Jose side of Mt Hamilton in Murillo (?). We will need to locate a large enough parking lot (which should be easy to do) to use as a staging ground. We need to be as close to the starting line as possible (reasoning below).

We will end in Livermore at a parking lot TBD to gather up and head to our final destination as a group.

Running Style
Let's be honest here, the number one complaint I hear is how many different driving styles we have and how each prefers to go their own pace and not be forced to keep up or get lost.

We need to add into this that casually this is a moderate skill road, with the skill required increasing the more aggressive you drive. Plus there are a ton of bikes (motor and ped) who will be enjoying this road just as we are, so we need to be aware of them!

I'm open to suggestion, however for now this is how we will operate.

1. Prior to the event, via pm, I will get an aggression rating from each driver (scale 1-100). This rating will determine your order, allowing everyone to drive at their own pace. I will reserve the right to make last minute changes if I think someone's 80 is actually a 30... Also if you list yourself as a 95 with no suspension work compared to other aggressive drivers with heavy suspension, you will be placed behind them.

Shutterbugs should reduce their rating by 50 as you will want to pull over a few times for shots.

2. We will meet up at the gathering point and re-review choke points and 1 lane roads.

3. The pecking order will be announced and I will be directing the cars out of the lot in this order. Keep in mind that this means I'm last and will be behind PacificKing (grandma) when I'd put myself at a 75... So if anyone doesn't drive safe I'll bring you back from the dead and kill you myself~

4. DRIVE SAFE, MIND ROAD HAZARDS, ONE LANE ROADS, OTHER RIDERS/DRIVERS ON THE ROAD!!!!

5. We will gather up at the lot in Livermore. My lovely wife gets carsick easy so she won't join me on this, however she will join at this point and I'll stuff a cooler of drinks and some snacks in her trunk for those who get to the lot and are hanging out waiting on the rest.

6. Once the last driver is in we will fire em up and roll out to our final destination that we decide on below.

7. Have a great time.

8. Drive safe going home.

Other Notes
I'm doing my best to attempt to fix the top complaints I hear about our other events so PLEASE post here or pm if there is anything else you can think of that we should address. I don't mind dropping the hammer to get it done so everyone can enjoy things at their own pace.

This is a beautiful and very enjoyable drive that everyone should experience at least once in their life. Driving casually it is very safe, but like any canyon carve, respect the road.

Let's do this~ :5thgenvert:

Some inspiration for you...

On Mountain Hamilton by flopper, on Flickr

Mount Hamilton Sunset by Images by John 'K', on Flickr

Mount Hamilton Sunset Panorama by Images by John 'K', on Flickr

End of Day by atenpo, on Flickr
Im in!
perezalexander21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 01:26 AM   #13
evilbeef54
tail lights for u

Drives: Bumble Bee 2010 2SS/RS
i am about 76.38% sure i will be there as long as it isnt all crappy from the weather, that road can suck during/after a storm
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS RY M6- LOVIN' it
Kooks LT's & HFC's, Flowmaster Single chamber mufflers, C.A.I. Intake, ADM Scoop, Rotofab w/w relocate

Semper Paratus

You have to go out You don't have to come back!!!
evilbeef54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 02:24 AM   #14
Falundir

I'm working on fun alternates just in case there is a storm. Mind you if there is a heavy storm that produces snow I say we chain up and hit the slopes in Tahoe~
Old 03-16-2012, 01:42 PM   #15
Haywire

Drives: 2LT RS
Hey not sure if I will have a passenger but my driving is moderate 1- 100 lets call it (50)
thanks for setting this up and lets hope it is a nice weekend. Latter
  • B&G Springs 1.4/1.5 drop
Haywire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #16
Falundir

Quick note, looks like consistant rain this weekend. If that forecast holds this run will be cancelled. You really want ideal conditions out there so you can enjoy the cruise and the view.

I'll be keeping my eyes on it.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:14 PM   #17
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I'm down for just meeting somewhere in the east bay for drinks/dinner (like stockton/modesto/manteca or further north.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:43 AM   #18
cyberLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
I'm down for just meeting somewhere in the east bay for drinks/dinner (like stockton/modesto/manteca or further north.
sounds good to me i have nothing to do that day/night. but idk about how far north
Old 03-20-2012, 10:02 AM   #19
Falundir

We could still meet up at First Street Tavern, however that location was chosen because it was closer to the end of the run.

Personally I'd like to see who would still be interested in getting together and find a more central location based on those interested.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #20
The Shadoww
Black on Black on Black

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LS
Send a message via Skype™ to The Shadoww
What time does this start?
Old 03-21-2012, 01:55 PM   #21
Falundir

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadoww View Post
What time does this start?
If it's a go we will start at 1pm. I'll post start, end, and waypoints tomorrow.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #22
cyberLS

says rain saturday but partly cloudy on sunday?
Old 03-22-2012, 12:13 AM   #23
Falundir

I've seen it change a lot over the past 48 hours. Now says heavy rain sat and sun, but who knows what it will say by Friday.

Depending on people's wishes if it looks like rain we may want to cancel since this is a 3-4 hour cruise. I'll get all the final info up tomorrow and we can review.
Old 03-22-2012, 07:44 PM   #24
cyberLS

FYI i just head that mt ham. is going to be closed this weekend due to the chance of snow.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:09 PM   #25
Falundir

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberLS View Post
FYI i just head that mt ham. is going to be closed this weekend due to the chance of snow.
I just saw that as well. Let's consider this run POSTPONED for the time being. I'm going to take advantage of this snow stuff and hit Tahoe.