Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #151
armysig
Catch me if you can
 
armysig's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Will a tune be 'required' probably not, but what I was trying to get at is will CAI's without a tune, exceed the fat chicks no tune performance ?
.

LOL nice! I see what your saying, but by the data provided by CAI, they have indeed increased the amount of air flow to the engine by a good amount.

Now the question is, how close to the limit has CAI come BEFORE a tune would be required.

I'm sure a lot of us are thinking in the lines of what Ted Jannetty is doing with the No Tune package he sells. Now if that's the case, WATCH OUT!!! I'll be one of the first inline to snag that package with this intake.
__________________
armysig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:48 AM   #152
Z51Stingray
It's Bush's fault! LOL
 
Z51Stingray's Avatar
 
Drives: Z51 Stingray
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Undisclosed
Posts: 326
ANXIOUSLY awaiting the arrival of CAI's new baby!!!

Only thing holding me back from a ZL1 purchase now.
Z51Stingray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #153
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallySportRand View Post
ANXIOUSLY awaiting the arrival of CAI's new baby!!!

Only thing holding me back from a ZL1 purchase now.
This CAI is worth buying a ZL1 over, just to say you have the CAI.
__________________
Call Us: 810.531.0121 (Click Sig Pic for Website)
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #154
tmandoug1
Deep Sea
 
tmandoug1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, Fl.
Posts: 969
Standing by with a smile and a credit card.......please make it visually stimulating as well,,,,,,I can't get fat chicks out of my head,,,,
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #155
PWRHSEZL1
 
PWRHSEZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 #2419
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Keller, Tx
Posts: 192
Awesome, thanks for the update CAI!!!! I will run stock air box on my build until your CAI is released and at my door! Can't hardly wait!
PWRHSEZL1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #156
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandoug1 View Post
Standing by with a smile and a credit card.......please make it visually stimulating as well,,,,,,I can't get fat chicks out of my head,,,,
, We'll do our best. It should be pretty similar to our other S/C application in terms of appearance, with some slight differences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWRHSEZL1 View Post
Awesome, thanks for the update CAI!!!! I will run stock air box on my build until your CAI is released and at my door! Can't hardly wait!
Thank you we appreciate that!!
__________________
Call Us: 810.531.0121 (Click Sig Pic for Website)
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:25 PM   #157
13 ZL1
 
13 ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Manteca CA
Posts: 688
Please provide a clean way to hook up a catch can.
13 ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:45 PM   #158
ZLeeper
 
ZLeeper's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 A6 Black #597
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 10
ZLeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:45 PM   #159
Dr.Spike
 
Dr.Spike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 (IOM)
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sun Prairie, WI
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 ZL1 View Post
Please provide a clean way to hook up a catch can.
+1
Dr.Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:12 AM   #160
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 ZL1 View Post
Please provide a clean way to hook up a catch can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Spike View Post
+1
Everything we design is around the stock vehicle, we are not thinking of anything else aftermarket when we engineer our CAI. Not everyone runs a catch can, also the catch can does not connect to the CAI. Sorry guys but the catch can is a whole different part and nothing to do with us or our product.
__________________
Call Us: 810.531.0121 (Click Sig Pic for Website)
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:36 AM   #161
13 ZL1
 
13 ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Manteca CA
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Everything we design is around the stock vehicle, we are not thinking of anything else aftermarket when we engineer our CAI. Not everyone runs a catch can, also the catch can does not connect to the CAI. Sorry guys but the catch can is a whole different part and nothing to do with us or our product.
No, but it does connect to the intake tube. You don't need to offer something as standard but you should offer it as an option.
13 ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:01 AM   #162
tnspd

 
tnspd's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1 (BERT)
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: N.C.
Posts: 824
You can run a can with just the two lines you do not have to have the third line running to the air cleaner tube.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
tnspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:06 AM   #163
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnspd View Post
You can run a can with just the two lines you do not have to have the third line running to the air cleaner tube.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Exactly.
__________________
Call Us: 810.531.0121 (Click Sig Pic for Website)
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:17 AM   #164
13 ZL1
 
13 ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Manteca CA
Posts: 688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Exactly.
So, CAI's position for those that want to run a dual valve CC is "you don't need it and we will not work with you." If that's your position then the hell with you. I won't buy your product.
13 ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:47 AM   #165
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 ZL1 View Post
So, CAI's position for those that want to run a dual valve CC is "you don't need it and we will not work with you." If that's your position then the hell with you. I won't buy your product.
Wow, you really can't say anything on this forum anymore can you, and especially this thread.

CAI does not have a position on catch cans, we don't make them, we don't test them, we have never designed one, we have never installed one, and they have nothing to do with our product. We never said you don't need it, and we never said we would not work with you. What we are saying is that we design a CAI around the factory vehicle, and at this point we are trying to get a good CAI brought to market, not try and make it customizable to a product we have nothing to do with.

It seems that just because we are here on this forum as a manufacturer as a way to communicate with our customers, that some people think we can meet every special request and customization that every member mentions or wants. That is not the case, we cannot customize every product to meet everyone's wants, we listen to feedback and try to improve things where we can. That does not mean that we can meet every suggestion with a new or altered design, that does not mean that we don't value your opinion or that you should take offense to it. Do you call up GM and tell them that you want them to make you a custom Camaro that will work around a certain aftermarket part you would like to install, no, then why do you think we are any different? We are a manufacturer not a custom fabricator or speed shop.

We make CAI's, we get requests everyday for custom colors, custom lids, compatibility with multiple aftermarket throttle body's, some people want the stock lines, some people want braided lines, some people are running this aftermarket product along with it and some are running something completely different. If we met every request, opinion and suggestion for what each individual thinks is important or that they want we would be out of business because we could not mass produce anything and every part would be different. For some very small companies that cater to the custom that's fine, we can't afford to do that, we run a business based off of production standards and processes.

Before we worry about compatibility with an aftermarket catch-can that has nothing to do with our product, we are more concerned with finishing this CAI for everyone who has been so patiently waiting for!

We are not a custom fabricator, we are a manufacturer. We do not design around other companies parts, we design around stock. Will a catch can hook up with it, maybe it already will, but we do not know and that is not our top priority right now.
__________________
Call Us: 810.531.0121 (Click Sig Pic for Website)

Last edited by Sales @ CAI Inc; 05-21-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #166
mclark10


 
mclark10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 Vert M6, 2011 Equinox
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cortland, NY
Posts: 4,102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Wow, you really can't say anything on this forum anymore can you, and especially this thread.

CAI does not have a position on catch cans, we don't make them, we don't test them, we have never designed one, we have never installed one, and they have nothing to do with our product. We never said you don't need it, and we never said we would not work with you. What we are saying is that we design a CAI around the factory vehicle, and at this point we are trying to get a good CAI brought to market, not try and make it customizable to a product we have nothing to do with.

It seems that just because we are here on this forum as a manufacturer as a way to communicate with our customers, that some people think we can meet every special request and customization that every member mentions or wants. That is not the case, we cannot customize every product to meet everyone's wants, we listen to feedback and try to improve things where we can. That does not mean that we can meet every suggestion with a new or altered design, that does not mean that we don't value your opinion or that you should take offense to it. Do you call up GM and tell them that you want them to make you a custom Camaro that will work around a certain aftermarket part you would like to install, no, then why do you think we are any different? We are a manufacturer not a custom fabricator or speed shop.

We make CAI's, we get requests everyday for custom colors, custom lids, compatibility with multiple aftermarket throttle body's, some people want the stock lines, some people want braided lines, some people are running this aftermarket product along with it and some are running something completely different. If we met every request, opinion and suggestion for what each individual thinks is important or that they want we would be out of business because we could not mass produce anything and every part would be different. For some very small companies that cater to the custom that's fine, we can't afford to do that, we run a business based off of production standards and processes.

Before we worry about compatibility with an aftermarket catch-can that has nothing to do with our product, we are more concerned with finishing this CAI for everyone who has been so patiently waiting for!

We are not a custom fabricator, we are a manufacturer. We do not design around other companies parts, we design around stock. Will a catch can hook up with it, maybe it already will, but we do not know and that is not our top priority right now.
Thank you.
__________________
Cosmetic Mods- Under hood airbrush by JT's Custom Paint Garage, Big Worm Marker Tints, SLP Fade-Black Gills
Performance Mods- Moroso CC, CAI Inc intake


(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
mclark10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #167
HDRDTD


 
Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Trenton, Michigan
Posts: 3,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
Thank you.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #168
mclark10


 
mclark10's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 Vert M6, 2011 Equinox
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Cortland, NY
Posts: 4,102
Sounds like that poster's gonna be sticking his hose in a fat chick.
__________________
Cosmetic Mods- Under hood airbrush by JT's Custom Paint Garage, Big Worm Marker Tints, SLP Fade-Black Gills
Performance Mods- Moroso CC, CAI Inc intake


(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
mclark10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #169
mikeyg36
The GT Troll Hundred
 
mikeyg36's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 7,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
Sounds like that poster's gonna be sticking his hose in a fat chick.
__________________
Click For Build Thread ***CAI Intake, ARH LTs, Tuned By Matt@FSP***
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:32 PM   #170
KKreme15

 
KKreme15's Avatar
 
Drives: C6 Z06
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dayton, MD
Posts: 1,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 ZL1 View Post
So, CAI's position for those that want to run a dual valve CC is "you don't need it and we will not work with you." If that's your position then the hell with you. I won't buy your product.
This is why I bought a Roto-Fab

and they didn't need a year to get their product to market
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #171
tnspd

 
tnspd's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro ZL1 (BERT)
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: N.C.
Posts: 824
This is crazy! I want my radiator fans to run when I flip a switch so maybe I should go bash all the aftermarket fan makers becuase they dont offer a swtich with their product. Or bash all the rim makers because I want a set of rims that have 3 valve stems in them to make it easier to put air in my tires from any position and they dont offer it. Crazy! Some people........

Go CAI. I know your product will be great and I for one am waiting to see it before I buy any after market intake.
tnspd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #172
chevyfan#1
I Love my new Camaro!!
 
chevyfan#1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
This is why I bought a Roto-Fab

and they didn't need a year to get their product to market
Since you obviously have nothing nice to say, and already bought another CAI, why are you even in this thread causing negativity, no one cares that you chose the ugly chick and you sound like a

A. You obviously didn't read CAI INC'S response, because what that guy said was not true at all. They made pretty clear that they don't have a stance on catch cans and they never told people otherwise, they simply have not yet designed a CAI with a CC in mind. That would be putting the cart before the horse since they have not even released their ZL1 CAI yet. Rather than just quoting and commenting some guy before you why don't you take the time to actually read the manufacturers response.

B. Plastic mold injection is an entirely different process and has very different design constraints. I don't think they are viewing this as a race, and if anything I would be glad that they are more concerned with putting out a quality product than being the first here to sell something. Who said being first means its the best product?

C. If you already bought a CAI, that's great, why are you in this thread commenting their CAI and how long they have taken. I hope you love your
CAI and that it makes you very happy, but the only thing you are doing coming here is causing negativity for a product that you already know you are not buying, what exactly are you trying to accomplish here?


Go into a roto-fab thread and praise there product as opposed to coming in another manufacturers thread in attempt to bash theirs, that accomplishes nothing.
chevyfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #173
Sales @ CAI Inc



 
Sales @ CAI Inc's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,680
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
Sounds like that poster's gonna be sticking his hose in a fat chick.
That literally made me lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnspd View Post
This is crazy! I want my radiator fans to run when I flip a switch so maybe I should go bash all the aftermarket fan makers becuase they dont offer a swtich with their product. Or bash all the rim makers because I want a set of rims that have 3 valve stems in them to make it easier to put air in my tires from any position and they dont offer it. Crazy! Some people........

Go CAI. I know your product will be great and I for one am waiting to see it before I buy any after market intake.
Thank you we appreciate that very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfan#1 View Post
Since you obviously have nothing nice to say, and already bought another CAI, why are you even in this thread causing negativity, no one cares that you chose the ugly chick and you sound like a

A. You obviously didn't read CAI INC'S response, because what that guy said was not true at all. They made pretty clear that they don't have a stance on catch cans and they never told people otherwise, they simply have not yet designed a CAI with a CC in mind. That would be putting the cart before the horse since they have not even released their ZL1 CAI yet. Rather than just quoting and commenting some guy before you why don't you take the time to actually read the manufacturers response.

B. Plastic mold injection is an entirely different process and has very different design constraints. I don't think they are viewing this as a race, and if anything I would be glad that they are more concerned with putting out a quality product than being the first here to sell something. Who said being first means its the best product?

C. If you already bought a CAI, that's great, why are you in this thread commenting their CAI and how long they have taken. I hope you love your
CAI and that it makes you very happy, but the only thing you are doing coming here is causing negativity for a product that you already know you are not buying, what exactly are you trying to accomplish here?


Go into a roto-fab thread and praise there product as opposed to coming in another manufacturers thread in attempt to bash theirs, that accomplishes nothing.
I agree. We understand we have taken a longer time than many would like, but as we have said about 4 times now in this thread, IF YOU ALREADY BOUGHT A ZL1 CAI FROM ANOTHER COMPANY WE HOPE YOU LOVE IT! PLEASE DO NOT CLUTTER OUR THREAD ABOUT IT!
__________________
Call Us: 810.531.0121 (Click Sig Pic for Website)
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #174
tmandoug1
Deep Sea
 
tmandoug1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, Fl.
Posts: 969
WTF happened while I was at work. Someone let the naysayers in to talk sh-- for no apparent reason. Nice.
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #175
Leviser
 
Drives: 03 BLK SSS, 13 BRM ZL1.
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 97
I am interested in seeing all the info on final product, just wondering if it will be a closed box setup ( like the stock air intake box). Or an open box setup?
Leviser is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FE3 to ZL1 Zway Bar UpgradeZ and ZL1 ZuZpenZion PackageZ JusticePete Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 111 05-08-2013 10:38 PM
Transcript of Camaro ZL1 Q&A Webchat with Chevrolet Tran Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 38 02-17-2012 12:45 AM
CAI cold air induction with E-Force gearhead440 Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 9 08-16-2011 08:16 AM
Why RAM Air is a myth!!! Long Read (Wall of text) live2well Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 80 11-02-2009 03:34 PM
LS3 goes 11`s Bonestock! GMRULZ Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 28 12-08-2008 09:10 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.