Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 05-21-2013, 02:12 PM   #176
ZED SLED
a.k.a. mclark10

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 Vert M6, 2011 Equinox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviser View Post
I am interested in seeing all the info on final product, just wondering if it will be a closed box setup ( like the stock air intake box). Or an open box setup?
All their CAIs are closed top. Check their website
http://www.coldairinductions.com/store/cold-air-intakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmandoug1 View Post
WTF happened while I was at work. Someone let the naysayers in to talk sh-- for no apparent reason. Nice.
LOL, we had a bit of a ruckus today.

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #177
Leviser

Drives: 03 BLK SSS, 13 BRM ZL1.
[QUOTE=mclark10;6570943]All their CAIs are closed top. Check their website

Thank you
Leviser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #178
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet

Drives: SS/RS 6spd,Pace Car,ZL1,1LE,C7/Z51
WOW - this took a nasty turn

I for one am most anxious to see the final
product I've got a vested interest

It's a great product and I want all my cars to
have the same system!!
734-479-7117 ...
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet.com
Available Camaro Inventory///Body Color XM Antenna
My Summit White SS///My Pace Car
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:08 PM   #179
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
I like the look of their boxes, part of the reason I am waiting.
tmandoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:16 AM   #180
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfan#1 View Post
Since you obviously have nothing nice to say, and already bought another CAI, why are you even in this thread causing negativity, no one cares that you chose the ugly chick and you sound like a

A. You obviously didn't read CAI INC'S response, because what that guy said was not true at all. They made pretty clear that they don't have a stance on catch cans and they never told people otherwise, they simply have not yet designed a CAI with a CC in mind. That would be putting the cart before the horse since they have not even released their ZL1 CAI yet. Rather than just quoting and commenting some guy before you why don't you take the time to actually read the manufacturers response.

B. Plastic mold injection is an entirely different process and has very different design constraints. I don't think they are viewing this as a race, and if anything I would be glad that they are more concerned with putting out a quality product than being the first here to sell something. Who said being first means its the best product?

C. If you already bought a CAI, that's great, why are you in this thread commenting their CAI and how long they have taken. I hope you love your
CAI and that it makes you very happy, but the only thing you are doing coming here is causing negativity for a product that you already know you are not buying, what exactly are you trying to accomplish here?

Go into a roto-fab thread and praise there product as opposed to coming in another manufacturers thread in attempt to bash theirs, that accomplishes nothing.
Here because it's a discussion board. We are consumers discussing products, I bought one because it was available and came with the necessary fitments for a catch can.
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:00 AM   #181
zl1bro

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 SIM AGM mono stripe
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
Here because it's a discussion board. We are consumers discussing products, I bought one because it was available and came with the necessary fitments for a catch can.
Good. Sounds like you are all set. I have a single catch can and am awaiting the testing results from CAI to see what direction I want to go in there. So everyone's happy.
zl1bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:36 AM   #182
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
WOW - this took a nasty turn

I for one am most anxious to see the final
product I've got a vested interest

It's a great product and I want all my cars to
have the same system!!
Yes I would say you do! We appreciate your help so much Becky, you have been more than cooperative! Very honored to have our CAI on all 3 of your Camaros!

Quote:
I like the look of their boxes, part of the reason I am waiting.
Thanks we appreciate your support!
Old 05-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #183
spen5151

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 VR/ECF/Sunroof
I can't wait to see/order your system. I loved the look of your system on my SS and it also helped with throttle response. Hoping that you have your system out soon for the ZL1!

Traded:
2011 Camaro 2SS IOM, RS, Polished Rims, Sunroof, Black Stripes, Hurst Shifter
Mods: Borla ATAK Cat-Back, CAI Intake, Skip Shift Elim, Tint
spen5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:38 AM   #184
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Quote:
This is why I bought a Roto-Fab

and they didn't need a year to get their product to market
So you wanted to buy a CAI but due to the fact it was not ready you went with Roto-Fab, or you just bought the one that was ready earlier? I wanted to go with the Roto because it was ready early but liked the look of CAI better so decided to wait.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:26 AM   #185
KKreme15

Quote:
So you wanted to buy a CAI but due to the fact it was not ready you went with Roto-Fab, or you just bought the one that was ready earlier? I wanted to go with the Roto because it was ready early but liked the look of CAI better so decided to wait.
I liked the look of the rot fab/read great reviews/saw decent power gains without a tune. And it was available to purchase. And I am adding a dual check catch can. It is what it is..
Old 05-22-2013, 10:55 AM   #186
Childs Play
Is this thing working?

Drives: 2014 Versa POS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 ZL1 View Post
So, CAI's position for those that want to run a dual valve CC is "you don't need it and we will not work with you." If that's your position then the hell with you. I won't buy your product.

LMAO! CAI isnt even in the catch can business... Go buy a rotofab. I'd be embarrassed to have someone this retarded driving around with a CAI intake anyway.

Hey CAI I won't buy your intake unless I can use it on a jet powered go-kart that runs on kerosene. Please make it do this.

H-Town Camaro Club FTW!

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 w/Corsa Cat Back Exhaust, CAI intake and Kooks Headers.
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6 Bone Stock.
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #187
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Childs Play View Post
LMAO! CAI isnt even in the catch can business... Go buy a rotofab. I'd be embarrassed to have someone this retarded driving around with a CAI intake anyway.

Hey CAI I won't buy your intake unless I can use it on a jet powered go-kart that runs on kerosene. Please make it do this.
Judging by your response, the quote in your signature about knowledge and wisdom, and the comment next to your Honda in your signature about "still looking like a tool when driving it", I think we have the same sense of humor, and I like your style. Thanks for making my afternoon a little better, all of those things I just mentioned made me literally lol. Oh and btw love the avatar pic, Hangover 3 comes out tomorrow baby!!!!
Old 05-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #188
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #2303
Personally prefer companies that are flexible and at least listen to customers needs rather than outright dismissing them and just saying tough - wouldn't be that hard to make a provision for a catch can - hardly a request to reinvent the wheel.

After all, the other company listened and had a fix within a few days...

Also, love how everyone keeps saying the "ugly child" when there are no pictures or data from this intake yet - surely people are jumping the gun a bit and we need to see some side by side tests and data released first before any options are dismissed.

But anyway, choice is a good thing and I hope this works out to be another great solution for those with a ZL1 who have been waiting for this option
Old 05-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #189
Sales @ CAI Inc

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
Personally prefer companies that are flexible and at least listen to customers needs rather than outright dismissing them and just saying tough - wouldn't be that hard to make a provision for a catch can
I'm guessing you did not read my previous post regarding catch cans. Maybe I was unclear or over complicated it, in which case I apologize. Let me put it very simply and in large print so everyone who enters this thread who apparently does not see it or understand it, can very clearly understand what I was trying to say in my previous post.

We understand people want compatibility with a CC.

We appreciate everyone's feedback and suggestions regarding compatibility with a CC.

Before we make design considerations for a CC we first want to release a CAI for the ZL1, since currently we don't have one available. Once we actually have a product for the ZL1 we will then look into other requests, which there are many, including compatibility with a CC and make our best efforts to meet demand as long as it makes sense for our business.

Thank you!!
Old 05-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #190
chevyfan#1
I Love my new Camaro!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Wow CAI, you must feel like you are having to teach a pre-school class here. Do people really not read anything you have been posting. I would think the ZL1 crowd would have a little better reading and comprehension skills than this. I understood exactly what you said in your original post regarding the CC request, and thought you answered it more than adequately.

I give you much applause for keeping your cool in the light of all this nonsense from people who obviously don't take the time to read any of your informative responses to their questions.

chevyfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #191
ZED SLED
a.k.a. mclark10

+1
Too bad people don't actually take time read through a thread before they pop in for a one time post. The term wasn't even 'ugly child', and had nothing to do with looks, performance, or anything else. It was a metaphor. Then again, by looking through a few posts one could have determined that.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #192
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

The term was "Fat chick", they need love to! This whole thing has gotten way out of hand.....go dark CAI, go dark....make contact when you can.....
Old 05-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #193
ZED SLED
a.k.a. mclark10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
Thanks for the response. I'm in no hurry. I'm not gonna dance with the fat chick because the hot one's still getting ready, lol.
post 56 on page 2.

...and stock box is the ugly chick

Old 05-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #194
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
post 56 on page 2
And I'm still saving my pennies and saving my dimes for cab fare for the fat chick when the hot chick is ready.
Although I must say I'm enjoying the fat chick in the meantime.
heck with the lights turned down and a few beers........
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:57 PM   #195
KKreme15

Quote:
The term was "Fat chick", they need love to! This whole thing has gotten way out of hand.....go dark CAI, go dark....make contact when you can.....
Lol they already went dark in this thread for like 7 months
Old 05-22-2013, 03:15 PM   #196
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Lol they already went dark in this thread for like 7 months
Actually we have been here all along since our original post, and have never went a month without posting updates. I believe that the admins deleted some pages that were un-constructive, hard to believe right.

Given the last 2 days though, I'm leaving this thread until we announce Dyno time, talk to you all soon.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:36 PM   #197
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

Some people just gotta be nasty, guess its in their nature to be like that. Can't help em just have to learn to ignore them. Good luck with testing.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #198
Hercules

Drives: 13 ZL1 1091, 04 Ram 2500, 12 CX9
I can't believe that you hung on this long given how a lot of the people have been. Good luck with your testing and your true followers are willing to wait.
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #199
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 ZL1 #2303
Haha - you guys in here bite WAY too easily!

Hope the Dyno tests go well though....would hate to think you've waited this long for something that isn't any better after all.....

But seriously, competition is good as is more choice for the ZL1 community
Old 05-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #200
tmandoug1
Deep Sea

I hope I don't have to swallow my pride after this long wait. But I am confident CAI will come through.