Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Kraft Werks
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

USA - NY / NJ / PA NY, NJ, PA

Old 09-08-2014, 01:42 PM   #1
IBMCAMARO10

Drives: 2010 (IBM)Camaro 2LT/RS
Damm Vandal's

We recently moved to Astoria NY thinking it would be a great area compared to Coney Island. Love the surrounding here and the new buildings. Everything seemed great first few weeks. Things haven't gone great for our IBM Camaro. We got a few bumper scratches from the people who don't know how to park.

On sunday(9/7) we went to Socrates sculpture park to walk our puppy and my wife noticed glass near the ground where we parked. She looked again and called my attention. Someone tried stealing our car. They broke the entire driver side window, Scratched the paint due to glass falling and the drivers side seat is all scratched from the glass as well. We are having some bad luck out in NYC. This is going to be a major setback on getting my new tires and brakes done. They didnt take anything from the car at all the Viper siren must have def scared them off.
Attached Images

IBMCAMARO10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:50 PM   #2
USCAMARO14

Drives: 2LS 2014
WOW That sucks!!
Old 09-08-2014, 07:58 PM   #3
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
sorry to see that OP. i would be really careful where you take the car next time. i am very picky where i drive mine, if i am not comfortable, i take my old car instead. good luck
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 08:22 AM   #4
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2009 Malibu LT
Sorry to hear of this, and I can definitely feel your pain. Bumper scratches are the norm in NY, especially in Queens. In general the atmosphere for cars sucks royally in NY. It is bad enough that I refuse to drive my good cars on a daily basis or for running regular errands.

What has worked for me (in terms of reducing instances of trouble) is to use instinct and good common sense when parking. If an area doesn't feel or look right then I avoid parking my car there. Sometimes it ends up being inconvenient but I have had better luck in avoiding some problems with parking with inconsiderate drivers.

Good luck with the fix.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote