Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

USA - NY / NJ / PA NY, NJ, PA

Old 10-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #4801
Seer

Drives: 2014 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
Correct...it means we ran Super Gas. 9.90 category.

You don't need a license to run outside of the event. That was Thursday which was T&T day. You don't need a license for outside of class runs because its not a NHRA sanctioned event at that point. I didn't have one because we didn't have the time to do all the running around to 2 NHRA sanctioned tracks on 2 separate occasions to get the runs in. My father would run the event itself.

Additionally, you don't need one for bracket racing, which is when I got to run.
The pic you posted was your dad.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #4802
Swacer

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
The pic you posted was your dad.
Agreed. I grabbed the car picture and the event I remember that being, but I do not have one of me. Sorry

I'll take a look at home/parents and see what I can find. If I can't find one without it being my dad (figured one of my dad would work given the situation with some background, but ok), I'm sorry. Pretty sure he only has 2-3 pictures to his name of it.

Otherwise, you can take my word for it, or not, it matters not to me.
~Imperial Blue Metallic~LS3~M6~GM High Spoiler~GM Ground Effect~GM Tower Brace~Heritage Grill~Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake~Stainless Works Exhaust~Stainless Power Headers~VMAX Ported Throttle Body~Tuned By Frost~GEN5DYI Spare Clutch Reservior~Barton Short Throw~ShowStopper Side Markers~UMI Performance Trailing Arms~UMI Performance Tunnel Brace

Last edited by Swacer; 10-09-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Swacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #4803
demonspeed

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Well, now that we have that out of the way...

When are we drinking and eating again?
Old 10-09-2012, 12:04 PM   #4804
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
Well, now that we have that out of the way...

When are we drinking and eating again?
today?
Old 10-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #4805
Seer

isnt there like one last show?
Old 10-09-2012, 12:18 PM   #4806
PittPaz
Hail to Pitt

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS IBM
Quote:
See, and thats where he cant' get his head around. I didn't buy my car to race it.

I've driven real race cars. So racing my DD doesn't interest me, in the slightest.
The only question that I have then is this: If you don't race your daily driver, and you don't speed in your daily driver, then why worry about how much power you have in your daily driver? Resale value?
Old 10-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #4807
Trav2SS
MTMTEYE

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
did someone mention FOOD? ZOMG

Aftermarket bolt on parts and tune.. 434hp/395tq
Daily Driver.
Trav2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #4808
PittPaz
Hail to Pitt

Also, I'm out for Saturday. I'll be away for the weekend with the wife. I do want to hit up PRP one more time this year though.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #4809
Swacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittPaz View Post
The only question that I have then is this: If you don't race your daily driver, and you don't speed in your daily driver, then why worry about how much power you have in your daily driver? Resale value?
Simple...cause I'm American. If I can afford to do something...what stops me? lol
~Imperial Blue Metallic~LS3~M6~GM High Spoiler~GM Ground Effect~GM Tower Brace~Heritage Grill~Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake~Stainless Works Exhaust~Stainless Power Headers~VMAX Ported Throttle Body~Tuned By Frost~GEN5DYI Spare Clutch Reservior~Barton Short Throw~ShowStopper Side Markers~UMI Performance Trailing Arms~UMI Performance Tunnel Brace
Old 10-09-2012, 12:22 PM   #4810
PittPaz
Hail to Pitt

Quote:
Simple...cause I'm American. If I can afford to do something...what stops me? lol
You can afford a GT-R as you previously said. Where is it?
Old 10-09-2012, 12:23 PM   #4811
Swacer

Quote:
You can afford a GT-R as you previously said. Where is it?
When did I say that? I said I wish I could afford one. God do I wish I could afford one lol

If i bought one right now...I'd most likely be living out of it
Old 10-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #4812
PittPaz
Hail to Pitt

Quote:
When did I say that? I said I wish I could afford one. God do I wish I could afford one lol

If i bought one right now...I'd most likely be living out of it
My bad. It was the ZL-1.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #4813
Swacer

Quote:
My bad. It was the ZL-1.
I'd like to. More financially sound where I am though

I still live in an apt...I'd like not to sometime soon
Old 10-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #4814
PittPaz
Hail to Pitt

Quote:
I'd like to. More financially sound where I am though

I still live in an apt...I'd like not to sometime soon
And what if that's Tahseen's stance? What if that's anyone's stance? Where do you draw the line? At what power level are you satisfied for a daily driver if you're not going to race it and you're not going to speed? That power becomes pointless. At some point, you're paying for something that you're not using.

I know he baited it with that pic, but there's too much e-peen in this thread sometimes.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #4815
Swacer

Quote:
And what if that's Tahseen's stance? What if that's anyone's stance? Where do you draw the line? At what power level are you satisfied for a daily driver if you're not going to race it and you're not going to speed? That power becomes pointless. At some point, you're paying for something that you're not using.

I know he baited it with that pic, but there's too much e-peen in this thread sometimes.
See, this is what confuses me.

Jay stated that he would lose to a SHO. I simply went onto google and compared the numbers, and the autoblog article I read stated it would lose to a Toyota Camry too. I stated only what I read.

I, in all honestly, couldn't give a shit what Tahseen does, what his priorities are, what any of that is. Thats his life, what he does. I never once stated ANYTHING. I stated the obvious of what I found online. If anything, Tahseen started on me because I said he'd lose to a Camry in bench racing.

I'm at this moment still confused on how I baited Tahseen at all?
Old 10-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #4816
PittPaz
Hail to Pitt

Quote:

Jay stated that he would lose to a SHO. I simply went onto google and compared the numbers, and the autoblog article I read stated it would lose to a Toyota Camry too. I stated only what I read.

I, in all honestly, couldn't give a shit what Tahseen does, what his priorities are, what any of that is. I never once stated ANYTHING. I stated the obvious of what I found online. If anything, Tahseen started on me because I said he'd lose to a Camry in bench racing.

Eh, it was a convo for Jay and Tahseen to have. At least Jay builds his cars and races them. I could understand him poking back. I just didn't see why you jumped in.
Old 10-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #4817
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer

Drives: Camaro 2LT
my point every time i get basshed for having a v6
Quote:
Old 10-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #4818
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer

when i posted that pic i did mention no offense to the mustang guys.. and i know seer or witt are cool enough to not get all wierd about it and take it sportively.. but i donno why "SOME" ss guys keep trashing me for having a v6 every chance they get.

Quote:

Old 10-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #4819
PittPaz
Hail to Pitt

Well, you have to be prepared to get some flack about it as well. Can't post pics like that and expect to not get a little bit of a smack back.

Personally, I don't give a shit about any of it. I just get tired of reading the back and forth nonsense.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #4820
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahseenmahmood View Post
when i posted that pic i did mention no offense to the mustang guys.. and i know seer or witt are cool enough to not get all wierd about it and take it sportively.. but i donno why "SOME" ss guys keep trashing me for having a v6 every chance they get.
No bashing, but the v6 model always gets picked on, even gong back to the 60's It comes with the territory. I personally dont care what someone drives, if they race it, more power to them.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #4821
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer

LOL.. its ok man.. stuff happens when we get bored at work.. i hope you can make it to PRP this saturday morning..
leave for vacation in the afternoon.!

Quote:
Well, you have to be prepared to get some flack about it as well. Can't post pics like that and expect to not get a little bit of a smack back.

Personally, I don't give a shit about any of it. I just get tired of reading the back and forth nonsense.
Old 10-09-2012, 01:09 PM   #4822
Seer

Quote:

I, in all honestly, couldn't give a shit what Tahseen does, what his priorities are, what any of that is. Thats his life, what he does. I never once stated ANYTHING. I stated the obvious of what I found online. If anything, Tahseen started on me because I said he'd lose to a Camry in bench racing.

If it makes you feel any better I am farly certain you'd lose to one as well
Old 10-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #4823
demonspeed

I lost to a Maxima SE 3.5....

this was in 2002 when I had a slow '93 Mustang GT
Old 10-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #4824
PittPaz
Hail to Pitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahseenmahmood View Post
i hope you can make it to PRP this saturday morning..
leave for vacation in the afternoon.!
Yeah it won't happen. We're leaving Thursday and won't be back until Sunday. I have a Trifecta tune going on the car this week. I think PRP still has a few Saturday TnTs left. Anyone know why they stopped the Thursday night TnT earlier than the calendar showed?
Old 10-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #4825
demonspeed

Quote:
Anyone know why they stopped the Thursday night TnT earlier than the calendar showed?
I was wondering the same thing. Saturday is better because there's more time -- and this week PSU has a bye