Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

USA - NY / NJ / PA NY, NJ, PA

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #7226
cam99

 
cam99's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: pittsburgh area
Posts: 1,370
I've had around 80 cars since I've started driving (I have a bit of a car problem) and I couldn't imagine only one brand. You miss out on so much. I do tend to buy american rwd cars, but have dabbled with german cars a couple british and one or two japanese. I'm not loyal, but do recognize certain plus's in all platforms even if its not currently in my garage. Lifes to short to not enjoy the ride
__________________
2012 ZL1
JRE 75rwhp kit
catless
ported lsa TB

11.04 @ 128.35
on hoosier drs and skinnies
@ PRP with 1100DA
cam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #7227
demonspeed

 
demonspeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,757
Ignorance can be bliss, cam
__________________
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #7228
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer
 
tahseenmahmood's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2LT
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam99 View Post
I've had around 80 cars since I've started driving (I have a bit of a car problem) and I couldn't imagine only one brand. You miss out on so much. I do tend to buy american rwd cars, but have dabbled with german cars a couple british and one or two japanese. I'm not loyal, but do recognize certain plus's in all platforms even if its not currently in my garage. Lifes to short to not enjoy the ride

wut.!!! 80 cars.!! If you dont mind me asking how old are you .?!
If you have really owned 80 cars, u probably have the most knowledge in cars on the forum.!
The only 2 cars i ever bought was the camaro and the escalade (last winter) and a Ninja bike 2 months ago.. and had couple bikes in India never a car..
__________________
tahseenmahmood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:43 PM   #7229
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer
 
tahseenmahmood's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2LT
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,059
Just saw a ornage lamborghini aventador in down town pittsburgh.!
going down 5th and grant by my office... i wonder who owns it.. and why is he driving it in rain.!
__________________
tahseenmahmood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #7230
Seer

 
Drives: 2014 Mustang GT
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cranberry Township, PA
Posts: 1,095
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
+1 Drove a 2011 GT/CS 2 weeks ago and loved it. Made me look at Jay's car even more

What does a used GT500 go for? haha

I find myself being more moderate in regards to car choices. Prove to me my investment is worth it, you'll get my money.
Used 2011-2012 gt500 with some options is around $40,000. Under 10k miles.
__________________
2014 Mustang GT
Seer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:07 PM   #7231
cam99

 
cam99's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: pittsburgh area
Posts: 1,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahseenmahmood View Post
wut.!!! 80 cars.!! If you dont mind me asking how old are you .?!
If you have really owned 80 cars, u probably have the most knowledge in cars on the forum.!
The only 2 cars i ever bought was the camaro and the escalade (last winter) and a Ninja bike 2 months ago.. and had couple bikes in India never a car..
I'm 39.
my wife suggested I start a list many years ago because I'd probably start to forget what I had as the years go by (she's used to my car addiction lol) so I just looked at it. With the zl1 now it comes to 77 cars, not including motorcycles. I absolutely don't have the most automotive knowledge around here, but I've had my hands in alot of different cars over the years so I've picked up a few things.
__________________
2012 ZL1
JRE 75rwhp kit
catless
ported lsa TB

11.04 @ 128.35
on hoosier drs and skinnies
@ PRP with 1100DA
cam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #7232
Swacer


 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
Used 2011-2012 gt500 with some options is around $40,000. Under 10k miles.
Well I find one with the right options and a good buyer for mine. Wouldn't roll it out.
__________________
2012 2SS/RS Camaro
~Imperial Blue Metallic~LS3~M6~GM High Spoiler~GM Ground Effect~GM Tower Brace~Heritage Grill~Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake~Stainless Works Exhaust~Stainless Power Headers~VMAX Ported Throttle Body~Tuned By Frost~GEN5DYI Spare Clutch Reservior~Barton Short Throw~ShowStopper Side Markers~UMI Performance Trailing Arms~UMI Performance Tunnel Brace
Swacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:28 PM   #7233
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?
 
G-Oil Guy's Avatar
 
Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mars, PA
Posts: 6,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahseenmahmood View Post
Just saw a ornage lamborghini aventador in down town pittsburgh.!
going down 5th and grant by my office... i wonder who owns it.. and why is he driving it in rain.!
Traveling down 79 south just before the cranberry exit a brand new black McClaren F1 drove past me.
__________________
FOR SALE: 2013 ZL1 Message me if interested
G-Oil Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:40 PM   #7234
cam99

 
cam99's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: pittsburgh area
Posts: 1,370
Saw a maserati gran turismo up in the boon docks today. Not a real common sight in these parts!

Seems the exotics are out in force today
__________________
2012 ZL1
JRE 75rwhp kit
catless
ported lsa TB

11.04 @ 128.35
on hoosier drs and skinnies
@ PRP with 1100DA
cam99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #7235
Seer

 
Drives: 2014 Mustang GT
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cranberry Township, PA
Posts: 1,095
This is relevant to you Camaro guys, I am selling my tire setup if you guys want them, both sets have less than 1000 miles and the rear drag radials have never seen a burn out, as I don't use them for track tires.

Nitto NT555R 305/35/20 Drag Radials, $550
Nitto NT555 275/35/20 summer tires, $450
__________________
2014 Mustang GT
Seer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:42 PM   #7236
Trav2SS
MTMTEYE
 
Trav2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 634
With over 1000hp its not a burnout anymore, it's more like opening a wormhole while you jump to hyperspace
__________________
MTMTEYE
2010 2SS/RS M6

Aftermarket bolt on parts and tune.. 434hp/395tq
Daily Driver.
Trav2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:43 AM   #7237
demonspeed

 
demonspeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav2SS View Post
With over 1000hp its not a burnout anymore, it's more like opening a wormhole while you jump to hyperspace
__________________
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:44 AM   #7238
jmelchio
SSmokinJoe
 
jmelchio's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS/RS M6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, North Hills
Posts: 513
Anybody know of a place in Pittsburgh/Cranberry to get nitrogen fills on tires?
__________________
1SS/RS Silver with Black Rally Stripes.
35% Tint
Roto-Fab CAI
SLP Loudmouth II Axleback
Hurst Shifter
R1Concepts Slotted Rotors
Hawk Ceramic Brakepads


I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesterol.
jmelchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:26 AM   #7239
Bumblebee2012

 
Bumblebee2012's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS TF3, 1971 Chevelle
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 837
Waste of money. The air your sucking into your pie hole is already primarily nitrogen (78%). They bump the percentage points a few and charge you for it.

Sent from a Galaxy Note 2, far far away.
Bumblebee2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:07 AM   #7240
jmelchio
SSmokinJoe
 
jmelchio's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS/RS M6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, North Hills
Posts: 513
Thanks. Wasn't sure how much difference I would see in tire pressure due to temperature changes with Nitrogen.
__________________
1SS/RS Silver with Black Rally Stripes.
35% Tint
Roto-Fab CAI
SLP Loudmouth II Axleback
Hurst Shifter
R1Concepts Slotted Rotors
Hawk Ceramic Brakepads


I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesterol.
jmelchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #7241
Bumblebee2012

 
Bumblebee2012's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 2SS TF3, 1971 Chevelle
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pittsburgh, Pa
Posts: 837
Is not much of a difference. The idea of nitrogen is that the molecules are larger and as such they leach through the rubber slower than the smaller oxygen molecules. But you only have about 20 percent oxygen to begin with, as humans require 19.5-23.5 percent oxygen. It's more scam than anything, a way to extort more money from consumers.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Bumblebee2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #7242
jmelchio
SSmokinJoe
 
jmelchio's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS/RS M6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, North Hills
Posts: 513
Thanks. I used to Scuba dive, and diving with Nitrox (32% oxygen vs. 21%) made some big differences in how long you could stay down without having to decompress, so I thought there may be some benefits to using more nitrogen in tires. Sounds like it's not worth it, though. Thanks for the info.

Joe.
__________________
1SS/RS Silver with Black Rally Stripes.
35% Tint
Roto-Fab CAI
SLP Loudmouth II Axleback
Hurst Shifter
R1Concepts Slotted Rotors
Hawk Ceramic Brakepads


I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesterol.
jmelchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 11:59 AM   #7243
demonspeed

 
demonspeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,757
I figured this was a good picture for a Friday:

__________________
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #7244
jmelchio
SSmokinJoe
 
jmelchio's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS/RS M6
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, North Hills
Posts: 513
Perfect for a friday

Nice!
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
I figured this was a good picture for a Friday:

__________________
1SS/RS Silver with Black Rally Stripes.
35% Tint
Roto-Fab CAI
SLP Loudmouth II Axleback
Hurst Shifter
R1Concepts Slotted Rotors
Hawk Ceramic Brakepads


I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesterol.
jmelchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:16 PM   #7245
Trav2SS
MTMTEYE
 
Trav2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 634
I must be a high efficiency hybrid vehicle then with a tri-turbo setup. I dont drink much but when I get on it, its full throttle and drops that average alot lol
__________________
MTMTEYE
2010 2SS/RS M6

Aftermarket bolt on parts and tune.. 434hp/395tq
Daily Driver.
Trav2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:48 AM   #7246
Swacer


 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,302
Alright, so question for you all.

Going to probably be placing my order for headers here within the next couple weeks and wanted to build a list of needs, however, I need advice if i"m missing something. Please let me know...

1. Headers (1 7/8" LT) Do the bolts come with the headers or do we reuse the OEM?
2. Hi Flow Cats (connect to factory connection so it meets up with THR exhaust, yes, I will have a reduction to 2.5" for about 6" before it re-enlarges to 3". Nothing much I could do without some ridiculous cutting thanks to THR exhaust)

What else do I need?

Do I need new factory gaskets for the headers? Should I just order a set of those from Rich?

Do I need new O2 sensors? Jay, you mentioned something I could put into the rear O2 sensors that would stop me from getting a CEL without a tune?

Anti-seize? For what exactly?

Any extra fluids? Oil?

Am I missing anything?
__________________
2012 2SS/RS Camaro
~Imperial Blue Metallic~LS3~M6~GM High Spoiler~GM Ground Effect~GM Tower Brace~Heritage Grill~Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake~Stainless Works Exhaust~Stainless Power Headers~VMAX Ported Throttle Body~Tuned By Frost~GEN5DYI Spare Clutch Reservior~Barton Short Throw~ShowStopper Side Markers~UMI Performance Trailing Arms~UMI Performance Tunnel Brace
Swacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:24 AM   #7247
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer
 
tahseenmahmood's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2LT
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelchio View Post
Nice!
I am a hybrid too.! Never had any alcohol in 27 years...
A lot of cheese cake though .! haha
__________________
tahseenmahmood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:29 AM   #7248
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer
 
tahseenmahmood's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro 2LT
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
Alright, so question for you all.

Going to probably be placing my order for headers here within the next couple weeks and wanted to build a list of needs, however, I need advice if i"m missing something. Please let me know...

1. Headers (1 7/8" LT) Do the bolts come with the headers or do we reuse the OEM?
2. Hi Flow Cats (connect to factory connection so it meets up with THR exhaust, yes, I will have a reduction to 2.5" for about 6" before it re-enlarges to 3". Nothing much I could do without some ridiculous cutting thanks to THR exhaust)

What else do I need?

Do I need new factory gaskets for the headers? Should I just order a set of those from Rich?

Do I need new O2 sensors? Jay, you mentioned something I could put into the rear O2 sensors that would stop me from getting a CEL without a tune?

Anti-seize? For what exactly?

Any extra fluids? Oil?

Am I missing anything?

I believe it depends on company to company... when I was thinking of buying headers before I got the ninja I researched quiet a bit.
OBX long tube came with every thing even cats... where as pace setters dint and they were super cheap.. so it really depends on which company you buy from..IMO
__________________
tahseenmahmood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #7249
demonspeed

 
demonspeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,757
Many headers will come with bolts/studs and gaskets; however, depending on the brand, you're likely to get cheap stuff. Personally, considering your low miles, you can reuse your factory exhaust gaskets. You may even be able to reuse your manifold bolts, but I'd recommend getting studs as it will make it a lot easier to just hang the gasket and header flange before tightening everything down. ARP makes a set, but they're pricey. I bought a set off eBay that are stainless for around $30 (Alper Motorsports).

You'll want anti seize for your O2 sensors and spark plugs. I have some if you'd like some assistance putting these on.

If you're not planning on a tune right away, you'll want to get "MIL Eliminators" or "O2 sims." Not everyone sells them because there was a big government stink several years ago which "outlawed" them. They're now only sold as "off road only."

You'll need O2 extensions OR longer front O2 sensors. I don't know the part number for the 5th gens, but I literally just purchased a pair of the longer sensors from Amazon for my car (not sure if they're the same connector, but the part number is 213-810 ACDelco).

You don't need any fluids.
__________________
demonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #7250
Swacer


 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
Personally, considering your low miles, you can reuse your factory exhaust gaskets.
Thats kinda what I thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
You may even be able to reuse your manifold bolts, but I'd recommend getting studs as it will make it a lot easier to just hang the gasket and header flange before tightening everything down. ARP makes a set, but they're pricey. I bought a set off eBay that are stainless for around $30 (Alper Motorsports).
Are these all 1 size? Would I be able to get the same?


Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
If you're not planning on a tune right away, you'll want to get "MIL Eliminators" or "O2 sims." Not everyone sells them because there was a big government stink several years ago which "outlawed" them. They're now only sold as "off road only."
Doesn't matter to me, I just figured I'd save a little money, but I have no idea how much these cost. Is this an alternative to the back O2 sensors? I am honestly confused what I need back there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
You'll need O2 extensions OR longer front O2 sensors. I don't know the part number for the 5th gens, but I literally just purchased a pair of the longer sensors from Amazon for my car (not sure if they're the same connector, but the part number is 213-810 ACDelco).
Why do I need extensions on the front? I thought the only modifications came for the back sensors? And I would need 2 of these?

This is why I need the advice. I don't really seem to know what i'm after and there isn't a "straight" link to say...to do headers...you need this, this, and this.
__________________
2012 2SS/RS Camaro
~Imperial Blue Metallic~LS3~M6~GM High Spoiler~GM Ground Effect~GM Tower Brace~Heritage Grill~Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake~Stainless Works Exhaust~Stainless Power Headers~VMAX Ported Throttle Body~Tuned By Frost~GEN5DYI Spare Clutch Reservior~Barton Short Throw~ShowStopper Side Markers~UMI Performance Trailing Arms~UMI Performance Tunnel Brace
Swacer is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
All order status requests in here (up to status 3800). List of Order Status Codes. GTAHVIT Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 52581 Yesterday 10:17 PM
PANTIES IN A TWIST! (NSFW) Z28RockStar Off-topic Discussions 125 07-26-2011 11:44 AM
Suggestion: Explanation to thread starters for their threads being locked? colin911 Site Related Announcements / Suggestions / Feedback / Questions 2 12-06-2009 10:25 PM
Missing "Ladies of Camaro 5" thread comment.... Silverado Off-topic Discussions 2 10-08-2009 12:23 PM
prices thread nimnels 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 1 05-02-2009 06:47 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.