Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

USA - NY / NJ / PA NY, NJ, PA

Old 07-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #7376
Seer

Drives: 2014 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
I thought the "infamous" grind was in the V8 tranny, the TR6060, which the V6 doesn't have.
The grind isn't caused by the transmission. It is caused by the misalignment of the motor, transmission, and body under high torque.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #7377
Witt
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Drives: Locomotives
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonspeed View Post
I don't mind the 2014's, but I think they'd look better on a smaller "body" -- that is, if the rear wasn't so gigantic. Nonetheless, they aren't anything that would keep me from buying.

I agree, however, that the 13/14 Mustang taillights look sweet.
Missed this post but I'm definitely on the fence. I like the color HUD and DIC options as well as the mail slot delete and new hood and hopefully mylink 2.0.

The Mustangs look ok but it kills me that a 420hp car comes with 245 wide tires and 8.5" wheels, plus the Nav option is ridiculously overpriced. Their justification is dual zone climate control is part of the package.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:31 AM   #7378
Rhyno81

Drives: Summit White 2012 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
The grind isn't caused by the transmission. It is caused by the misalignment of the motor, transmission, and body under high torque.
I have the AY6 tranny... piece of crap "economy" sized tranny. 2nd gear is a common problem.. I don't see it as a misalignment issue. Have yet to hear that diagnosis. Its the only gear that does it.. and it has happened under all load conditions.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
-VMAX Throttle Body .......................... -Oracle 5202 Plasma Foglights
-CAI Cold Air Intake ........................... -Oracle 6000K HIDs
-ADM Scoop .......................................-Tinted Taillights and Marker Lights
-Rotofab Washer Fluid Relocate .............-Diode Dynamics Switchback Turn Signals
-Magnaflow Catback Exhaust
-GM Performance Strut Tower Brace

Rhyno81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #7379
Swacer

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witt View Post
Missed this post but I'm definitely on the fence. I like the color HUD and DIC options as well as the mail slot delete and new hood and hopefully mylink 2.0.

The Mustangs look ok but it kills me that a 420hp car comes with 245 wide tires and 8.5" wheels, plus the Nav option is ridiculously overpriced. Their justification is dual zone climate control is part of the package.
I can't say I'd pick a car solely on the tire size? You can swap wheels if need be. Heck, Jay switches them on a monthly basis haha

As for the Nav being overpriced? I don't know, myFord (or whichever iteration you have) is quite more complex than "just a nav" IMO. But I guess it depends on the person...
~Imperial Blue Metallic~LS3~M6~GM High Spoiler~GM Ground Effect~GM Tower Brace~Heritage Grill~Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake~Stainless Works Exhaust~Stainless Power Headers~VMAX Ported Throttle Body~Tuned By Frost~GEN5DYI Spare Clutch Reservior~Barton Short Throw~ShowStopper Side Markers
Swacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #7380
Witt
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
I can't say I'd pick a car solely on the tire size? You can swap wheels if need be. Heck, Jay switches them on a monthly basis haha

As for the Nav being overpriced? I don't know, myFord (or whichever iteration you have) is quite more complex than "just a nav" IMO. But I guess it depends on the person...
Oh I know its just a wheel swap, I even own a set that would work, its just the point that I'm paying for a new car and I already have to swap wheels and tires just to hold stock power on the street. Irritating.

Mustangs don't have MyFord or MyFord Touch. The Nav option is 2k and includes Navigation and Dual Zone climate control as the only upgrades over the stock stereo and Sync. Sync versions are the same (actually less progressed in the Nav version in earlier years) between the two.

I really wanna play with a Chevy MyLink system soon and make sure I don't have the "Grass is Greener" syndrome.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #7381
Swacer

Quote:
Oh I know its just a wheel swap, I even own a set that would work, its just the point that I'm paying for a new car and I already have to swap wheels and tires just to hold stock power on the street. Irritating.

Mustangs don't have MyFord or MyFord Touch. The Nav option is 2k and includes Navigation and Dual Zone climate control as the only upgrades over the stock stereo and Sync. Sync versions are the same (actually less progressed in the Nav version in earlier years) between the two.

I really wanna play with a Chevy MyLink system soon and make sure I don't have the "Grass is Greener" syndrome.
Ah yes. Sync

As for mylink, yeah, I want it also. 2SSRS has come up with a retro fit, so I'm rapidly saving for it lol
~Imperial Blue Metallic~LS3~M6~GM High Spoiler~GM Ground Effect~GM Tower Brace~Heritage Grill~Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake~Stainless Works Exhaust~Stainless Power Headers~VMAX Ported Throttle Body~Tuned By Frost~GEN5DYI Spare Clutch Reservior~Barton Short Throw~ShowStopper Side Markers
Old 07-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #7382
Witt
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
I dont know...my buddy's 2011 has MyFord or whatever version it is. Its a full OS.

As for mylink, yeah, I want it also. 2SSRS has come up with a retro fit, so I'm rapidly saving for it lol
Its just Nav with Sync.

This Thursday Quaker City is having a Street Car Night. I think I'm going with my old man, going to work on tuning both cars there, throwing some timing at mine and dialing in fuel on his with his new nitrous system.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:46 PM   #7383
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyno81 View Post
I have the AY6 tranny... piece of crap "economy" sized tranny. 2nd gear is a common problem.. I don't see it as a misalignment issue. Have yet to hear that diagnosis. Its the only gear that does it.. and it has happened under all load conditions.

It's a misalignment issue
Old 07-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #7384
Rhyno81

Drives: Summit White 2012 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seer View Post
It's a misalignment issue
If you say so. It wasn't so much a challenge of your knowledge as more of a statement that I had not heard that diagnosis.

Regardless of the cause I am more interested in the solution at the moment. I should be able to get more than 12k out of a brand new tranny that is only driven hard at most 20 percent of the time. Before having this kind of issue.

-VMAX Throttle Body .......................... -Oracle 5202 Plasma Foglights
-CAI Cold Air Intake ........................... -Oracle 6000K HIDs
-ADM Scoop .......................................-Tinted Taillights and Marker Lights
-Rotofab Washer Fluid Relocate .............-Diode Dynamics Switchback Turn Signals
-Magnaflow Catback Exhaust
-GM Performance Strut Tower Brace

Rhyno81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #7385
Seer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyno81 View Post
If you say so. It wasn't so much a challenge of your knowledge as more of a statement that I had not heard that diagnosis.

Regardless of the cause I am more interested in the solution at the moment. I should be able to get more than 12k out of a brand new tranny that is only driven hard at most 20 percent of the time. Before having this kind of issue.

My TR6060 was grinding since day 1 in my GT500. Same issue plagues camaro owners as well.

It's the sloppy body mounted shifter, and soft motor mounts.

I tore the entire transmission apart and replaced everything and it did not solve a thing. I added a better shifter, stiffer motor mounts, and a k member brace with torque limiters, and voila... problem went away.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:48 AM   #7386
Swacer

I'm shocked with the tranny problems, I must have been lucky. In my first week of ownership, 2nd gear grinded once. After that, it never grinded until last fall when the temperature dropped. I figured out that if I let the tranny warm up with some 1->3 shifts, everything is fine.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:34 AM   #7387
demonspeed

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Quote:
I'm shocked with the tranny problems, I must have been lucky. In my first week of ownership, 2nd gear grinded once. After that, it never grinded until last fall when the temperature dropped. I figured out that if I let the tranny warm up with some 1->3 shifts, everything is fine.
That's because you drive like a granny
Old 07-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #7388
Swacer

Quote:
That's because you drive like a granny
Maybe so, but then my shit still works
Old 07-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #7389
Str8frmdade
STR8FRMDADE, but in PA

Drives: 2012 SS ASHEN GRAY
Quote:
I want an automatic car. I have narrowed it down to 3 choices (used vette, new mustang, new camaro). I'm leaning towards a new Camaro.

I like to tune my cars myself and over the past couple months have been slowly learning how lackluster SCT is for 11+ Mustangs (not to mention their shit crashes on my laptops everyday for a different reason). Add the fact that I can fully flex fuel a Camaro or Corvette, meaning I can run 93 to and from work since there are no E stations in my county, fill some e85 on the way to the track and have the ECM automatically add timing and adjust A/F without a reflash, then have it back it off when I put 93 in the tank again. This 1 fact has me swaying my decision towards a 5th gen.
Im selling mines if you're interested.
Str8frmdade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #7390
Witt
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Its just Nav with Sync.

This Thursday Quaker City is having a Street Car Night. I think I'm going with my old man, going to work on tuning both cars there, throwing some timing at mine and dialing in fuel on his with his new nitrous system.
Update to this...Now its looking like the stars are aligning and I'll have 3 days mandatory off work. I'm hoping to do street car night at quaker thursday, test n tune at quaker friday, and flashlight drags at PIRC (beaverun wampum) saturday. I have a free flashlight drags pass I wanna use that I won in a drawing at the UnitedGearHeads.com christmas party. Just sayin, if anyone is looking for something fun to do this weekend.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:49 AM   #7391
tahseenmahmood
Mr. Ricer

Drives: Camaro 2LT
Quote:
I want an automatic car. I have narrowed it down to 3 choices (used vette, new mustang, new camaro). I'm leaning towards a new Camaro.

I like to tune my cars myself and over the past couple months have been slowly learning how lackluster SCT is for 11+ Mustangs (not to mention their shit crashes on my laptops everyday for a different reason). Add the fact that I can fully flex fuel a Camaro or Corvette, meaning I can run 93 to and from work since there are no E stations in my county, fill some e85 on the way to the track and have the ECM automatically add timing and adjust A/F without a reflash, then have it back it off when I put 93 in the tank again. This 1 fact has me swaying my decision towards a 5th gen.

If I were you.. I would wait 6 months save more money and get the 2014 Stingray.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #7392
Witt
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm getting a bad taste for Quaker again, last night was zero track prep past the 60ft. Most dangerous racing I've ever experienced, I can't believe nobody got hurt. Also, their timing system was down and they waited until everyone was there and paid before they decided to test it.

Anyone going to Starlite tonight? I may go there instead of Quaker TnT, though if I do, it'll be on slicks. Way too lazy to take them off tonight and put them back on for tomorrow's Flashlight Drags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahseenmahmood View Post
If I were you.. I would wait 6 months save more money and get the 2014 Stingray.
After sleeping on it for a few days, I'm reconsidering my options.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:17 AM   #7393
Swacer

Quote:
I'm getting a bad taste for Quaker again, last night was zero track prep past the 60ft. Most dangerous racing I've ever experienced, I can't believe nobody got hurt. Also, their timing system was down and they waited until everyone was there and paid before they decided to test it.

Anyone going to Starlite tonight?
Quaker sadly has always been "not that great", that why they lost the Division 3 pts race there years ago.

As for Starlite, I wanted to, but I won't be able to pick my car up from the shop until later today, so I don't see any way I'll make it in time.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #7394
demonspeed

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Quote:
As for Starlite, I wanted to, but I won't be able to pick my car up from the shop until later today, so I don't see any way I'll make it in time.
Which means I'm not going to make it to Starlite

My car is a filthy mess, so I'll spend the evening cleaning it after picking up Brendan's car.

Perhaps we should all try to meet at Pittsburgh Mills Friday the 19th. It's the Tom Henry "pre-show," so I'm sure there will be a lot more cars since there is a large contingent of people coming from out of town. Bring the CS on slicks to scare some people, Al
Old 07-12-2013, 11:04 AM   #7395
Witt
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
My car is a filthy mess, so I'll spend the evening cleaning it after picking up Brendan's car.

Perhaps we should all try to meet at Pittsburgh Mills Friday the 19th.
I actually should be doing the same tonight. Group cleaning?

Weekends aren't good for me. I only have off Thursdays (PRP TnT and Quaker Street Car Night). I'm only off this weekend by law because I worked too much.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #7396
Swacer

Quote:
Which means I'm not going to make it to Starlite

Perhaps we should all try to meet at Pittsburgh Mills Friday the 19th. It's the Tom Henry "pre-show," so I'm sure there will be a lot more cars since there is a large contingent of people coming from out of town. Bring the CS on slicks to scare some people, Al
I'd be up for that. Especially since you're bailing on us on Saturday
Old 07-12-2013, 02:02 PM   #7397
flyinglow57

Drives: rumble bee,2SS 6sp
My g/f is holding a car show at robert morris university. The car show is benifiting the local down sydrome association, that is near and dear to both of us. Food,music,and chinese Auctions for donations. The show is free and there will be trophies handed out to a few winners. It sucks it is going to be 90* on sunday but it will be a nice time for a great cause. Very family oriented. Ill have my camaro there also. I believe a friend was going to try to talk the cars n coffee group into coming out also but im not on there site to know.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:14 PM   #7398
G-Oil Guy
Where am I?

Drives: Zoe the ZL1, 2012 Frontier
Was doing some hard accelerations today to try and help seat the rings and I shifted from 3rd to 4th and yep....she got a way from me (bear in mind all nannies were on) and I got a little bit sideways.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #7399
Swacer

So, the Pre-THR Show on Friday.....

and the THR show on Saturday....

Do we want to set up any get togethers so we can all ride in together?

I'd be a fan of meeting up in cranberry both days if that works for people? If not, what works best for people?
Old 07-15-2013, 06:33 PM   #7400
cam99

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
So, the Pre-THR Show on Friday.....

and the THR show on Saturday....

Do we want to set up any get togethers so we can all ride in together?

I'd be a fan of meeting up in cranberry both days if that works for people? If not, what works best for people?
Is the thr show worth going to? Never gone, but had made plans to go this time, especially since their is a cruise and bbq afterward. Would also like to do a meet up and cruise in if I go
ported lsa TB

11.04 @ 128.35
on hoosier drs and skinnies
@ PRP with 1100DA
cam99 is offline   Reply With Quote