Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

SNL Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions External and Internal cosmetics modifications.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #1
Yeti

Drives: Summit White RS
Bergers style hood wrap?

I am looking to put the berger style hood wrap along with the hash marks on my car. My car has the stock hood on it. Nightshade makes the complete wrap for $350 which is not bad but I am fairly new to vinyl. The only items that I have wrapped are the emblems on the car so tackling a hood seems like it may be a little much for me. I have a vinyl shop near me that says they can do the design and put it on the car for $515. They mostly do full wraps and print, some of their work is throughout the town and looks good as a full car wrap. They have also done a few drag cars with full wraps. Just looking for some response on what you guys think on the situation.
Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:39 AM   #2
Yeti

Maybe I need to explain what a begers style hood wrap is. Its the full hood wrap that has the cut out with the hash marks just on the drivers side.

Link
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279760

Anyone buy a kit from knightshades how difficult is it to do yourself? Or are most just letting local shops put the vinyl on for them? Any help, advice, anything would be much appreciated.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #3
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
This might help, if you haven't already seen it: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5156227
Wishlist: VMax Ported TB -- Dash ABL -- Footwell/Cupholder/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #4
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
There have been MANY people on the forum who have installed their own NS kits, I hope they chime in for you.

As for the other shop, make sure they are using 3M 1080 Wrap series Vinyl for that cost.

This is a thread started by a member installing stripes for the first time ever. Take a look and hopefully it will help you.

How to install NS-1 Stripes

The 3M 1080 Vinyl we use has Control Tac and Air Bubble release technology. We are here for any question we can answer.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #5
Yeti

Thanks for the post and link, I have seen that link before. Seems simple enough but still something about covering the entire hood at one time scares me a little. They are using the 3M 1080 vinyl not sure if it has the control tac and air bubble release technology though. They said that I may be able to do this myself but if I mess up I'm out $350. Not going to be the end of the world, but deffinitly going to suck.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:11 PM   #6
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
Thanks for the post and link, I have seen that link before. Seems simple enough but still something about covering the entire hood at one time scares me a little. They are using the 3M 1080 vinyl not sure if it has the control tac and air bubble release technology though. They said that I may be able to do this myself but if I mess up I'm out $350. Not going to be the end of the world, but deffinitly going to suck.

I definitely don't want to force feed you here, so you will have to make the decision on your own. But the piece is pre cut and you and a friend should have no problem doing this. But either way, I wish you luck!