Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

USA - Southeast AL, FL, GA, KY, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2013, 04:49 AM   #776
DenaliR1
SSG
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS M6
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Savannah GA
Posts: 149
5 DAYS!! And counting
DenaliR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #777
mpiersd

 
mpiersd's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 ABM 2LT/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Savannah, GA Yorktown, VA
Posts: 1,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenaliR1 View Post
5 DAYS!! And counting
TF Viper?
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #778
SAVDawg
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Savannah Ga
Posts: 58
So due to my lack of detail and impulse buying, I just perchased a spoiler on ebay at what I thought to be a terrific deal. I just read the small print and noticed it says "Ready to Paint". So does any one know of a good but inexpensive body shop to get this painted at?
SAVDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #779
mpiersd

 
mpiersd's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 ABM 2LT/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Savannah, GA Yorktown, VA
Posts: 1,302
I've had pretty good results in the past with rattle cans on replacement body parts for a few cars. Painted the front bumper on my 2001 Grand Prix, it was Redfire Metallic and you couldn't tell it was done in a garage out of a can. All depends on the prep work.
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #780
429
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Richmond Hill, GA
Posts: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAVDawg View Post
So due to my lack of detail and impulse buying, I just perchased a spoiler on ebay at what I thought to be a terrific deal. I just read the small print and noticed it says "Ready to Paint". So does any one know of a good but inexpensive body shop to get this painted at?
Rainbows paint and body in pooler. Ask for daniel
429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:51 AM   #781
mmarx82

 
mmarx82's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,605
Autocross update: I won't be going this month, that day is on my brothers birthday, I was going to pay for both of us to go and thought he'd like to go in his car (Eclipse) but he's afraid of being too slow. Next time is September 8 , guess I'll have to wait...

Plus not sure how that accident is going to affect autoX out there: http://www.wtoc.com/story/22554032/c...and-race-track
__________________
Life is too short to drive cars that suck.
My build Thread

In or around Savannah GA on the first Sunday of the month? Come meet with us here around 11 am!
mmarx82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:17 PM   #782
Compuzen
 
Compuzen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Beaufort, SC
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarx82 View Post
Autocross update: I won't be going this month, that day is on my brothers birthday, I was going to pay for both of us to go and thought he'd like to go in his car (Eclipse) but he's afraid of being too slow. Next time is September 8 , guess I'll have to wait...

Plus not sure how that accident is going to affect autoX out there: http://www.wtoc.com/story/22554032/c...and-race-track
That sucks. This was the first autox I am planning on trying out.

I understand stopping random people from going out and using it, but if it's a sanctioned event, it should be fine.

Does anyone know for sure if the event is still going to happen?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Compuzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:23 PM   #783
mmarx82

 
mmarx82's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compuzen View Post
That sucks. This was the first autox I am planning on trying out.

I understand stopping random people from going out and using it, but if it's a sanctioned event, it should be fine.

Does anyone know for sure if the event is still going to happen?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

It should, Here is the facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/341778355833755/

BTW, 2013ZL1vert or Roger and Jer4251 or Jerome were both considering going which is why I made my post so if you still plan to check to see if these two were still planning to go.
__________________
Life is too short to drive cars that suck.
My build Thread

In or around Savannah GA on the first Sunday of the month? Come meet with us here around 11 am!
mmarx82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #784
mmarx82

 
mmarx82's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,605
There is also wannagofast in Sept too, it's the same weekend as that car show on Hwy17.

http://www.wannagofast.com/clayton.php

I know it's a ways out but we could do both... Car show Sat, WannaGoFast Sunday? Just throwing this out there for discussion.
__________________
Life is too short to drive cars that suck.
My build Thread

In or around Savannah GA on the first Sunday of the month? Come meet with us here around 11 am!
mmarx82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #785
Compuzen
 
Compuzen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Beaufort, SC
Posts: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarx82 View Post
It should, Here is the facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/341778355833755/

BTW, 2013ZL1vert or Roger and Jer4251 or Jerome were both considering going which is why I made my post so if you still plan to check to see if these two were still planning to go.
Thanks man!

I emailed the Savannah chairman about it and he said they still have access to the paddock and still plan on doing the event. He'd post something on their site if it changed.

Now I just need to check my helmet and make sure it's snell approved lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Compuzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:44 PM   #786
429
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Richmond Hill, GA
Posts: 810
Selling my TSWs for a very reasonable price, if anyone is interested. I'm sure someone wants to upgrade, or get some light forged track wheels

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=301414

Last edited by 429; 06-11-2013 at 10:56 PM.
429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #787
SAVDawg
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Savannah Ga
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by 429 View Post
Rainbows paint and body in pooler. Ask for daniel
Thanks for the contact. I called a couple of places and they said $4-500. Do you think the jack the price up bc I have a camaro and they think we are made of money?

Also I told the guy that it is held on by 3m adhesive, He asked if i was ok with that.... Whats that mean... Did I just buy a spoiler that is doomed to fall off?
SAVDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #788
Jer4251
Camaro Addict
 
Jer4251's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1, 2008 TBSS, 1990 IROC-Z
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,199
have you called dan vaden Chevrolet? I wouldn't pay nearly that much to paint a spoiler.

what spoiler is it? if its only 3m holding it on it sounds like the street scene 3 piece
__________________
2013 ZL1 Vert
1990 IROC-Z Vert
2014 Sierra Denali
Jer4251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:53 PM   #789
Jer4251
Camaro Addict
 
Jer4251's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1, 2008 TBSS, 1990 IROC-Z
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,199
I think I saw my old 2010 SS today. 144 in Richmond hill. Havent seen it since coastal sold it.
__________________
2013 ZL1 Vert
1990 IROC-Z Vert
2014 Sierra Denali
Jer4251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:37 AM   #790
429
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Richmond Hill, GA
Posts: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAVDawg View Post
Thanks for the contact. I called a couple of places and they said $4-500. Do you think the jack the price up bc I have a camaro and they think we are made of money?

Also I told the guy that it is held on by 3m adhesive, He asked if i was ok with that.... Whats that mean... Did I just buy a spoiler that is doomed to fall off?
4-500 is high. I paid a little over half that for Daniel@rainbows to paint an entire hood front and bottom.
429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:55 AM   #791
SAVDawg
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Savannah Ga
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer4251 View Post
have you called dan vaden Chevrolet? I wouldn't pay nearly that much to paint a spoiler.

what spoiler is it? if its only 3m holding it on it sounds like the street scene 3 piece

I will never call them. The only reason I go to them is b/c I have a maintance plan.

Its the RK sport 3 piece
SAVDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:57 AM   #792
SAVDawg
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Savannah Ga
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by 429 View Post
4-500 is high. I paid a little over half that for Daniel@rainbows to paint an entire hood front and bottom.

I dropped the spoiler off friday. He gave me an awesome price.
SAVDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:22 AM   #793
429
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2010 camaro ss
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Richmond Hill, GA
Posts: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAVDawg View Post
I dropped the spoiler off friday. He gave me an awesome price.
429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #794
mpiersd

 
mpiersd's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 ABM 2LT/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Savannah, GA Yorktown, VA
Posts: 1,302
Off the wall question. Where is a good place to get stock metal in/around Savannah at a decent price.
My 6 year old son has quickly outgrown his powerwheels ATV and truck and I am thinking of building an off road go cart to mount the truck body to.
Thanks in advance for the heads up.
mpiersd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #795
Compuzen
 
Compuzen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Beaufort, SC
Posts: 50
I think there's a Universal Steel in Garden City. They seem pretty reasonable for the stuff we get at work.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Compuzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #796
Bsanf21
New to camaros
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pooler, GA
Posts: 205
Anyone know of a good auto detail place near savannah?
Bsanf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:03 PM   #797
Roll_the_Dice

 
Roll_the_Dice's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Summit White Camaro 2LT
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 1,179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsanf21 View Post
Anyone know of a good auto detail place near savannah?
Car spa on Jefferson street downtown does an amazing job...
__________________
Cars Owned:
2010 BMW 328xi LeMans Blue
2012 Camaro 2LT Convertible Summit White M6
2003 Audi A4 Convertible Silver Auto (sold)
1999 Ford F150 (sold)
2008 Porsche 911 Convertible Atlas Gray M6 (sold)
2007 Corvette Lemans Blue M6 (sold)
2004 BMW 645 ci Convertible Black Metallic (sold)
2000 Dodge Dakota sport Navy (sold)
1999 Porsche Boxster Black Metallic M5 (sold)
1999 Ferrari 360 Modena Titanium F1 (sold)
1992 BMW 325i 2 door Alpine white (sold)
1990 Nissan 240SX Burgundy M6 (sold)
1979 Celica Blue M5 (sold)
1974 Mustang II Ghia Green (sold)
Roll_the_Dice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #798
Bsanf21
New to camaros
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Pooler, GA
Posts: 205
Ok thanks
Bsanf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:35 PM   #799
RLHMARINES
1st Civ. Div.
 
RLHMARINES's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black, aka "Big SexZ"
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Savannah, Ga
Posts: 1,178
Just popping in to say "Hi" and check on getting together sometime in the near future.
__________________
Swift....Silent....Deadly
RLHMARINES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #800
mmarx82

 
mmarx82's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,605
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
Just popping in to say "Hi" and check on getting together sometime in the near future.
Hello, we meet the first Sunday of every month so the next time will be July 7. Not sure what everyone's plan is for that weekend considering that is a holiday weekend though. The location is the link in my sig. Congrats on your new ZL1 btw!
__________________
Life is too short to drive cars that suck.
My build Thread

In or around Savannah GA on the first Sunday of the month? Come meet with us here around 11 am!
mmarx82 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
savannah

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
(Houston) TX2K11 "Night Meet & Bikini Contest" Hosted by HPD! Friday March 18th 2011! xtc4us USA - Texas 21 03-14-2011 04:42 PM
Jan. 22 2011 PENSCOLA TO P,COLA BEACH TO NAVARRE MEET AND DRIVE NAZZ USA - Southeast 240 01-25-2011 10:00 AM
Jacksonville, NC - Meet and Greet 08 Jan 2011 rangelr3010 USA - Southeast 7 01-03-2011 06:26 PM
CA Statewide Meet Sketti USA - California 41 08-27-2009 01:59 AM
August 8th Motorgen Meet Fullerton CA SeanPlunk USA - California 10 08-10-2009 01:18 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.