Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
RDP Motorsport
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Member Car Journals Want to keep a long term Camaro project journal to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #326
ssmike
Missing Big Red
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 6,251
Update! Just got a PM from Steve, the differential is in and he's getting Big Red ready for the dyno! I only wish I was there to hear it. Steve said he will do a video so I'll post it up when I can!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #327
Raptor3141
 
Raptor3141's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS RJT M6
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 205
Raptor3141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:18 PM   #328
ssmike
Missing Big Red
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 6,251
424.3 RWHP on a Dyno Dynamics. Steve is going to do one more tweak in the morning and expects to squeeze a little more out of it. I'll be picking it up tomorrow afternoon!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:20 PM   #329
Raptor3141
 
Raptor3141's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS RJT M6
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 205
Sweet!!
Raptor3141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #330
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13
 
kjkjr27's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 9,500
Don't know if you saw

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...51#post6433851
__________________
kjkjr27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:54 PM   #331
Warp12LS3
COTW 3/18/13
 
Warp12LS3's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lake Charles, La
Posts: 175
Congrats Mike!! One of the cleanest camaro's on C5
__________________
AGP Twin Turbo, ALKY Meth Injection, Magnaflow Comp. CatBack, Lethal Racing Night Fury Cam, Mantic 9000 Twin Clutch, DSS 1000hp Axles, BMR 1.4" Lowering Springs, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Diff. Bushings, MGW Short Shifter, Niche Apex 20x10.5 on 275/315 Vreds

Built and tuned by: LETHAL RACING
707rwhp/675rwtq @6.5lbs
My Build: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277755
Warp12LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #332
ssmike
Missing Big Red
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 6,251
I just got home so Big Red is safe and sound in the garage! I saw the video Steve posted up and I must say they did a super job both on the gears and the tune!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #333
ssmike
Missing Big Red
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 6,251
OK I have a few minutes now so I'll post up a funny story that happened today.
I was anxiously awaiting word from Steve at RDP to say Big Red was all done and what the final numbers were. I kept checking and no PM's until finally, there it is, a PM from Steve! I opened the message and he says "call me, I have some news". Hmm, I don't like the sound of that, it could be good or bad! Why didn't he just tell me the results and come pick up the car? So with my heart in my throat I called him. "Hi Steve it's Mike, how are you?" "Well" he says, " I've had better mornings!" Holy crap! Now my heart is pounding, "Why what's up?" He says, "Well there's a problem with your Camaro" Now my heart is pounding and I'm breaking out in a sweat! Is it the motor or maybe the gears seized up? He procedes to say "the problem is..........IT MADE 443 HP on the dyno this morning! Congrats!" I could have reach through the phone and choked him if I could! Holy crap!!

So, I had a 3 hour drive to pick up the car and all the way there I was scheming about how to get back at Steve for almost giving me a heart attack this morning. I exited the interstate nearing their shop and I called Steve. "Hello Mike" he says. I say "Hi Steve, now I'm the one with some really bad news!" Now just so you all understand, he had loaned me his wife's Explorer on Friday so I wouldn't be stranded because the car wasn't done in time (I live 3 hours away and had no ride). He says "yea right, I don't believe you!" I say "Seriously, your wife's car won't start!" He still didn't believe me so I said "I'm serious, it's dead! Let me tell you what happened. I got off the exit and found myself behind one of those septic trucks that suck the crap out of peoples septic tanks. Well one of the hoses let go and sprayed crap all over your wife's car!" Now I hear silence from Steve so I continued, "So the windshield got covered with septic crap and I couldn't see and I ended up in the ditch and now it won't start!" He said something but I don't remember what, probably swore in Australian! Anyway time to get silly! So I tell him, after he never asked me if I was OK (great guy huh? lol) "Well the car is pretty messed up but I'm OK, that is except for the bone sticking out my leg and my carotid artery spewing blood all over the inside of the car!!! It's gonna be one hell of a clean up job for your wife!"

We both had a good laugh and of course he said "I didn't believe you from the start!" I think I had him though for a second anyway!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:55 AM   #334
dynosteve
www.rdpstore.com

 
dynosteve's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Turbo
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Painesville Ohio
Posts: 3,572
Send a message via Yahoo to dynosteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
OK I have a few minutes now so I'll post up a funny story that happened today.
I was anxiously awaiting word from Steve at RDP to say Big Red was all done and what the final numbers were. I kept checking and no PM's until finally, there it is, a PM from Steve! I opened the message and he says "call me, I have some news". Hmm, I don't like the sound of that, it could be good or bad! Why didn't he just tell me the results and come pick up the car? So with my heart in my throat I called him. "Hi Steve it's Mike, how are you?" "Well" he says, " I've had better mornings!" Holy crap! Now my heart is pounding, "Why what's up?" He says, "Well there's a problem with your Camaro" Now my heart is pounding and I'm breaking out in a sweat! Is it the motor or maybe the gears seized up? He procedes to say "the problem is..........IT MADE 443 HP on the dyno this morning! Congrats!" I could have reach through the phone and choked him if I could! Holy crap!!

So, I had a 3 hour drive to pick up the car and all the way there I was scheming about how to get back at Steve for almost giving me a heart attack this morning. I exited the interstate nearing their shop and I called Steve. "Hello Mike" he says. I say "Hi Steve, now I'm the one with some really bad news!" Now just so you all understand, he had loaned me his wife's Explorer on Friday so I wouldn't be stranded because the car wasn't done in time (I live 3 hours away and had no ride). He says "yea right, I don't believe you!" I say "Seriously, your wife's car won't start!" He still didn't believe me so I said "I'm serious, it's dead! Let me tell you what happened. I got off the exit and found myself behind one of those septic trucks that suck the crap out of peoples septic tanks. Well one of the hoses let go and sprayed crap all over your wife's car!" Now I hear silence from Steve so I continued, "So the windshield got covered with septic crap and I couldn't see and I ended up in the ditch and now it won't start!" He said something but I don't remember what, probably swore in Australian! Anyway time to get silly! So I tell him, after he never asked me if I was OK (great guy huh? lol) "Well the car is pretty messed up but I'm OK, that is except for the bone sticking out my leg and my carotid artery spewing blood all over the inside of the car!!! It's gonna be one hell of a clean up job for your wife!"

We both had a good laugh and of course he said "I didn't believe you from the start!" I think I had him though for a second anyway!
Thanks mate it was a great day and alot of jokes, and maybe yes for a split second you got me thanks very much for trusting us to do your upgrades and was mine and my staffs pleasure to work with you and make a new friend.
__________________
www.rdpstore.com Ph: 440 358 5500 or 440 251 8571 SLP / Kooks / SCT / Diablosport / Cold Air Inductions / Whipple / Vortech / TruTrac /Edelbrock / Fore Innovations / DSS / Hayes / Turbonetics / Vredestein / Borla / Maganflow / Corsa / Stainless Works / Hotchkis / EBC / Magnuson / Airaid / Whiteline /Fore Innovations / Snow /Trickflow / Moroso / Hp Tuners / Brembo / Rotofab and much much more
dynosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #335
ssmike
Missing Big Red
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 6,251
So after I picked up Big Red from RDP I drove home but noticed a new rattle sound when I was idling or going slow. It was a rattle but also sounded like a bad bearing in an electric fan. I crawled under the car and checked all the exhaust clamps, heat shield, muffler, etc but everything was tight! Turned out to be the RX catch can check valve vibrating like crazy whenever the PCV valve was open and would cycle on and off every minute or so. I called RX and Tracy said to replace the check valve with a standard 1/4" NPT elbow fitting with a 3/8" barb. Problem was trying to find one! I missed out on an outing with my Upstate C5 peeps to Watkins Glen for opening day because I was affraid to drive it the way it was!

I stayed home today and after several trips back and forth to the hardware store I came up with a solution. They only had brass elbows that were too short so I had to make up and extension to get it high enough to thread onto the can and not hit the inlet extension. Anyway, all is well now, no more noise and seems to run good! Here's a couple pics.
Attached Images
   
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:35 AM   #336
dynosteve
www.rdpstore.com

 
dynosteve's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Turbo
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Painesville Ohio
Posts: 3,572
Send a message via Yahoo to dynosteve
Now get out and enjoy your beast mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
So after I picked up Big Red from RDP I drove home but noticed a new rattle sound when I was idling or going slow. It was a rattle but also sounded like a bad bearing in an electric fan. I crawled under the car and checked all the exhaust clamps, heat shield, muffler, etc but everything was tight! Turned out to be the RX catch can check valve vibrating like crazy whenever the PCV valve was open and would cycle on and off every minute or so. I called RX and Tracy said to replace the check valve with a standard 1/4" NPT elbow fitting with a 3/8" barb. Problem was trying to find one! I missed out on an outing with my Upstate C5 peeps to Watkins Glen for opening day because I was affraid to drive it the way it was!

I stayed home today and after several trips back and forth to the hardware store I came up with a solution. They only had brass elbows that were too short so I had to make up and extension to get it high enough to thread onto the can and not hit the inlet extension. Anyway, all is well now, no more noise and seems to run good! Here's a couple pics.
__________________
www.rdpstore.com Ph: 440 358 5500 or 440 251 8571 SLP / Kooks / SCT / Diablosport / Cold Air Inductions / Whipple / Vortech / TruTrac /Edelbrock / Fore Innovations / DSS / Hayes / Turbonetics / Vredestein / Borla / Maganflow / Corsa / Stainless Works / Hotchkis / EBC / Magnuson / Airaid / Whiteline /Fore Innovations / Snow /Trickflow / Moroso / Hp Tuners / Brembo / Rotofab and much much more
dynosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:20 PM   #337
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13
 
kjkjr27's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse
Posts: 9,500
Nice fix, this has me now wanting to change the elbows with something a little more eye catching that what is on them haha knowing I can remove them without ruining anything.
__________________
kjkjr27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #338
ssmike
Missing Big Red
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 6,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynosteve View Post
Now get out and enjoy your beast mate
Oh I will!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Nice fix, this has me now wanting to change the elbows with something a little more eye catching that what is on them haha knowing I can remove them without ruining anything.
Yea it's pretty easy to remove the fittings! I would have use black plastic again but I could only find brass. It looks pretty good though!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #339
ssmike
Missing Big Red
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 6,251
I finally got a chance to review the DVD that the guys at RDP put together for me! Many thanks to Steve for doing this for me, it's a great way to have an archive of the work that was done! Here's a few pics from the gear swap! I hit MAJOR rain on the way to their shop as you can see Big Red is soaked! It was a good test for the Hex vents that I just installed! The drip pans worked perfectly!
Attached Images
    
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #340
ssmike
Missing Big Red
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 6,251
And some pics from the dyno tune!

edit: adding the dynos graph
Attached Images
   
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Doc1.pdf (194.7 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by ssmike; 04-21-2013 at 11:29 AM. Reason: added the dyno graph
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:26 AM   #341
Warp12LS3
COTW 3/18/13
 
Warp12LS3's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lake Charles, La
Posts: 175
Looking good mike. Hex vents look awesome
__________________
AGP Twin Turbo, ALKY Meth Injection, Magnaflow Comp. CatBack, Lethal Racing Night Fury Cam, Mantic 9000 Twin Clutch, DSS 1000hp Axles, BMR 1.4" Lowering Springs, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Diff. Bushings, MGW Short Shifter, Niche Apex 20x10.5 on 275/315 Vreds

Built and tuned by: LETHAL RACING
707rwhp/675rwtq @6.5lbs
My Build: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277755
Warp12LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:31 AM   #342
ssmike
Missing Big Red
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 6,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp12LS3 View Post
Looking good mike. Hex vents look awesome
Thanks! Can someone tell me how to upload videos and post them? I have a couple dyno videos I want to show. Thanks!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #343
Warp12LS3
COTW 3/18/13
 
Warp12LS3's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lake Charles, La
Posts: 175
I upload mine to YouTube first then just copy and paste the entire URL
__________________
AGP Twin Turbo, ALKY Meth Injection, Magnaflow Comp. CatBack, Lethal Racing Night Fury Cam, Mantic 9000 Twin Clutch, DSS 1000hp Axles, BMR 1.4" Lowering Springs, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Diff. Bushings, MGW Short Shifter, Niche Apex 20x10.5 on 275/315 Vreds

Built and tuned by: LETHAL RACING
707rwhp/675rwtq @6.5lbs
My Build: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277755
Warp12LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #344
ssmike
Missing Big Red
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 6,251
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #345
ssmike
Missing Big Red
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 6,251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warp12LS3 View Post
I upload mine to YouTube first then just copy and paste the entire URL
Thanks! Looks like it worked! I'll post another vid in a little while!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #346
ssmike
Missing Big Red
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 6,251
Here's the other video!http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?...ature=youtu.be
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #347
ssmike
Missing Big Red
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 6,251
This was the best run the following morning after some more tweaks! The ambient temp was 25 degrees so that's why such a high number! The average of all the runs was 429 RWHP.
Attached Images
 
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #348
ssmike
Missing Big Red
 
ssmike's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Equinox CRT
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 6,251
Here's the official RDP video of the 443 run!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #349
Warp12LS3
COTW 3/18/13
 
Warp12LS3's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Lake Charles, La
Posts: 175
Very nice sir
__________________
AGP Twin Turbo, ALKY Meth Injection, Magnaflow Comp. CatBack, Lethal Racing Night Fury Cam, Mantic 9000 Twin Clutch, DSS 1000hp Axles, BMR 1.4" Lowering Springs, BMR Trailing Arms, BMR Toe Rods, BMR Diff. Bushings, MGW Short Shifter, Niche Apex 20x10.5 on 275/315 Vreds

Built and tuned by: LETHAL RACING
707rwhp/675rwtq @6.5lbs
My Build: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277755
Warp12LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:03 AM   #350
spike III
COTW 6/25/12
 
spike III's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chittenango, NY, USA
Posts: 2,534
Awesome vids mike. Good luck with the new gears. With your painting skill I was thinking. Yah I know your thoughts Me thinking LOL. Just get another brass fitting & paint them RJT cheap,looks better.last longer.
__________________
spike III is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BIG RED - The WORLDS BADDEST CAMARO and its '69 Z/28 non the less (True Story) NOODLESgoneWILD 1st & 2nd Generation Camaros 12 10-01-2014 09:15 AM
A review of Big Worm Motorsports (Ft Worth) mastertypodemon USA - Texas 14 12-01-2011 11:24 PM
COLLEGE FOOTBALL THREAD...R U ready for Some football? hb-rocks The Sports Lounge 150 10-16-2010 11:05 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.