Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2012, 11:15 PM   #732
kush396
 
Drives: chevy
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: detroit
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
I think this thread should be closed. It is no longer productive. We will hear something when GM has an update. Until then this is just non-sense. You folks that are going crazy need to go find a hobby for a month. Posting on here every night about hoping for this or that and being upset about this or that provides no value to this thread.
THANK U THANK U THANKU .................................................. ...................................: chevy:
kush396 is offline  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:27 PM   #733
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!
 
Fenderaddict2's Avatar
 
Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oakville
Posts: 1,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
Afraid to leave the car to the elements? I would assume a few weeks of "industrial area" snow (followed by a claybar/sealant/wax) is far less detrimental than your first 65 mph cruise down an interstate with a dump truck sand blasting you from a few hundred meters away.

They're cars (albeit brand new 55k+ ones) so they'll clean up well.
Other than a light dusting the first day these hit the compound yard, it has been a snow free winter here.
__________________


Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:30 PM   #734
Z4MB
 
Z4MB's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #272, 00 GTP, 00 Silverado
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Heminger View Post
We just need more information... now I do question Customer Service a bit... she said production doesnt start until spring 2012? then she said oh wait QC has been extended... Idk what to believe... but its all we got
Did just say that it would "be extended" or did she state the number of weeks that you reported in your post?
__________________
2012 ZL1 #272 is a BLAST!

Victory Red, Manual, Polished Wheels, Exposed CF, Suede Package, Sunroof
Z4MB is offline  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:30 PM   #735
2ndCamaro79

 
Drives: 2014 V-Sport/ 2015 Escalade
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 939
Boy, its hard to believe that it would be another 4 to 6 six weeks from today. I think we really are going to have to just sit back and wait for the official word from GM. Six weeks from today would push the 2012s right up against the 2013s.
2ndCamaro79 is offline  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:31 PM   #736
Drake Heminger


 
Drake Heminger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Stafford, VA
Posts: 2,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndCamaro79 View Post
Boy, its hard to believe that it would be another 4 to 6 six weeks from today. I think we really are going to have to just sit back and wait for the official word from GM. Six weeks from today would push the 2012s right up against the 2013s.
this post made me laugh hard lol
__________________
"What a coincidence, Drake returns and brings
brand new ZL1's with him...." - CAM....ZL1
Drake Heminger is offline  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #737
Drake Heminger


 
Drake Heminger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Stafford, VA
Posts: 2,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4MB View Post
Did just say that it would "be extended" or did she state the number of weeks that you reported in your post?
She said that orginally it was 6-8 weeks QC... but what she said now its 6-12 week... it extended 4 more weeks than expected... The cars have been sitting out there for almost 8 weeks today
__________________
"What a coincidence, Drake returns and brings
brand new ZL1's with him...." - CAM....ZL1
Drake Heminger is offline  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:34 PM   #738
RX SS RACERX
 
RX SS RACERX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS RJT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MOUNTAIN MARYLAND
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
GM hasn't taken a penny, the privately owned dealers have.



They did the same with the IPad v1, I bought and paid for one a month before they were released through the Apple Store.
Ahhhh-I was actually refering to automobile mfg's,but that's OK I guess 4 to 800 dollars is close to 60+ grand. Anyway,like I said I hope GM gets it all worked out and everyone's car is delivered-if it's as billed it will be one hell of a ride! And while GM may not have 'banked' any money they are CERTAINLY affecting some 'purchasers' added costs. For those that want this thread closed 'change the channel'! There are real people with reals concerns whether you deem them valid or not. As they say 'misery loves company'. Find another thread-unless of course the mouse you put a deposit on was not delivered on time and you can't click elsewhere. I know-I'll stay on the sidelines and just read the posts!
__________________
9.75 @ 139mph, 1.41 60ft, 2010SS, JRE Built!
RX SS RACERX is offline  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:39 PM   #739
Zedder
 
Zedder's Avatar
 
Drives: 40 plus Camaros and counting!
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oakville
Posts: 219
If a part has to be modified then 4 - 6 weeks is about right for retooling, first offs, testing and then filling the pipeline again. The new car line would start up again and those already built would be reworked. I can fully understand someone with a car already built being pissed that their car is sitting outside for weeks or months in the elements (and bird crap)! l also think that anyone with a car on order has a right to express their feeling about the situation. Most of those telling them to relax and take it in stride don't even have a car on order right now...I really don't think it's fair that you tell them how to feel when you aren't in their shoes. If you don't like reading this thread and their comments, you don't have to read them you know

As for me, I'm glad GM is fixing the problem before they ship the cars as that is the only prudent thing to do. However, it may mean that I don't get my order pulled for 2012. That's OK and I'll still get a ZL1, but I will get my deposit back and wait until this time next year to pick one up. In my climate, it makes no sense to get a car at the end of the suimmer as pricing is better in the winter and I won't have $60K tied up just sitting in the garage! I do hope GM gives us an idea of how long this will take soon so those who want to look at alternative arrangements can do so before the season is too far gone.
__________________
Mark
GM cancelled my ZL1 order
Zedder is offline  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:44 PM   #740
rrubio
 
rrubio's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2012 Audi Q7
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Heminger View Post
She said that orginally it was 6-8 weeks QC... but what she said now its 6-12 week... it extended 4 more weeks than expected... The cars have been sitting out there for almost 8 weeks today
4-6 weeks? that blows dogs for quarters!
__________________
rrubio is offline  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:44 PM   #741
Drake Heminger


 
Drake Heminger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Stafford, VA
Posts: 2,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedder View Post
If a part has to be modified then 4 - 6 weeks is about right for retooling, first offs, testing and then filling the pipeline again. The new car line would start up again and those already built would be reworked. I can fully understand someone with a car already built being pissed that their car is sitting outside for weeks or months in the elements (and bird crap)! l also think that anyone with a car on order has a right to express their feeling about the situation. Most of those telling them to relax and take it in stride don't even have a car on order right now...I really don't think it's fair that you tell them how to feel when you aren't in their shoes. If you don't like reading this thread and their comments, you don't have to read them you know

As for me, I'm glad GM is fixing the problem before they ship the cars as that is the only prudent thing to do. However, it may mean that I don't get my order pulled for 2012. That's OK and I'll still get a ZL1, but I will get my deposit back and wait until this time next year to pick one up. In my climate, it makes no sense to get a car at the end of the suimmer as pricing is better in the winter and I won't have $60K tied up just sitting in the garage! I do hope GM gives us an idea of time soon so those who want to look at alternative arrangement can do so before the season is too far gone.
lol @ bird crap! I seen that in one of the photos at the plant! lol good post and I respect what you say and how you feel I have since day one been about you guys... I may not stick up for GM all the time but I do for you the customer because Im there with ya! I want everyone's cars to be in tip-top shape and it better being this pricey! But GM you gotta meet us half way... we know with your commercials you love to "brag" about us their customer... well were here GM if your here for us
__________________
"What a coincidence, Drake returns and brings
brand new ZL1's with him...." - CAM....ZL1
Drake Heminger is offline  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:46 PM   #742
2ndCamaro79

 
Drives: 2014 V-Sport/ 2015 Escalade
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 939
I to understand people with cars sitting outside, and people with deposits on 12s (that may not be built) being concerned. If the 4 to 6 weeks is correct, what is the point of a 2012 model? GM might as well, bump the HP up and release the car as a 2013 with the recaro seats everyone wants.
2ndCamaro79 is offline  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:47 PM   #743
Drake Heminger


 
Drake Heminger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Stafford, VA
Posts: 2,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndCamaro79 View Post
I to understand people with cars sitting outside, and people with deposits on 12s (that may not be built) being concerned. If the 4 to 6 weeks is correct, what is the point of a 2012 model? GM might as well, bump the HP up and release the car as a 2013 with the recaro seats everyone wants.
Honestly, if they did that I would no longer have concern!!! Sometimes I wish some of you guys worked for GM, seems like you guys are more logical
__________________
"What a coincidence, Drake returns and brings
brand new ZL1's with him...." - CAM....ZL1
Drake Heminger is offline  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:48 PM   #744
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!
 
Fenderaddict2's Avatar
 
Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oakville
Posts: 1,892
Turns out the delay is the supercharger. Ford pointed out a section in the GT500 contract with Eaton that expressly forbids supplying the product to a direct competitor for the upcoming Shelby. In effect the superchargers on the built cars are illegal. No time to test or certify a unit from another supplier. So the lawyers are battling it out.






















Kidding. This room is so tightly wound, I couldn't resist. I'm sure the issue will be resolved soon as I can't imagine GM hasn't turned all kinds of resources on the problem no matter how minor.
__________________


Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:50 PM   #745
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!
 
Fenderaddict2's Avatar
 
Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oakville
Posts: 1,892
Just to make it absolutely clear the above post is completely my fabrication and a joke. I just remembered what happened when someone joked about the project being cancelled.

__________________


Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:52 PM   #746
Frankzl1
 
Drives: 2012 Ashen ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami
Posts: 494
Ok I am done with the nagging, I'm buying Mini
Frankzl1 is offline  
Old 03-12-2012, 11:54 PM   #747
RX SS RACERX
 
RX SS RACERX's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS RJT
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: MOUNTAIN MARYLAND
Posts: 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Just to make it absolutely clear the above post is completely my fabrication and a joke. I just remembered what happened when someone joked about the project being cancelled.

Damn,in our 'I'll sue world' nowadays that seemed completely logical. At least people would of had a clue for the lunacy all about! Party Pooper:/
__________________
9.75 @ 139mph, 1.41 60ft, 2010SS, JRE Built!
RX SS RACERX is offline  
Old 03-13-2012, 12:24 AM   #748
radarwz
Boost All the Time!
 
radarwz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2005 pontiac GTO Twin Turbo
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Apache Junction, AZ
Posts: 40
Man! The angst in this thread is epic! I'm glad I'm waiting for '13. The anticipation would kill me. We ordered our '06 Trailblazer SS in Nov '05 with a mid Dec delivery estimate. Then they decided to stop production for still unknown (to me) reasons and no info when they'd start up again. Production resumed again the end of Jan '06 and it was delivered 14 Feb '06, good V day present for the wife.

My point? This wait is to be expected with the first model of any major update or special interest vehicle. During our ordeal we got no updates or info. But you know what? We still have the TBSS and love it just as much as the day we got it.

Tip for you...any real gearhead always has a backup...
__________________
'05 GTO Blk/Blk, APS gen1 Twin Turbo, forged WRE 370ci, PerformaBuilt Stage 3 A4, Tuned by NicD - 10.89 @ 133 mph
'06 TBSS Black, Pacesette LT's w/catless mid, Efans, NicD tune and 4.10's!
'56 Chev Belair 2dr sedan, Wht/blk, 265 pwr glide.

'56 Chev 3100 p/u Black, 400 v8 3spd on the tree.
!
radarwz is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Tags
2012, boss vs zl1, camaro, camaro zl1, gt500 vs 700hp z/28, zl! dosp, zl1, zl1 hold, zl1 qc

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FE3 to ZL1 Zway Bar UpgradeZ and ZL1 ZuZpenZion PackageZ JusticePete Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 111 05-08-2013 11:38 PM
NEW Official Details on Camaro ZL1 -- 580hp / 556 lb-ft torque!! DarthNacho08 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 420 09-27-2011 05:17 PM
The 2011+ Mustang Thread GatorBlue371 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 11874 08-23-2011 01:30 PM
SLP ZL1 TESTED!!!!! SVT_SRT 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 5 08-03-2011 09:50 AM
Camaro5 Fest II Caravan/Convoy Thread tribone 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II) 13 04-12-2011 03:22 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.