Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2012, 11:28 AM   #902
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC
 
2012ZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: B.C. Canada
Posts: 1,701
__________________
2012 ZL1
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
2012ZL1 is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #903
noxqq
 
noxqq's Avatar
 
Drives: '14 C7 Z51 VY & '16 Z06 LBR
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dixon, IL
Posts: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Heminger View Post
stop your asking to many questions stop worrying about your car and your deposit and your time... your asking to much (; lol jk
Sheesh...and now you are giving people advise to chill out. Talk about mood swings. lol jk
noxqq is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #904
Drake Heminger


 
Drake Heminger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Stafford, VA
Posts: 2,951
Quote:
Originally Posted by noxqq View Post
Sheesh...and now you are giving people advise to chill out. Talk about mood swings. lol jk
Lol!
__________________
"What a coincidence, Drake returns and brings
brand new ZL1's with him...." - CAM....ZL1
Drake Heminger is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 11:49 AM   #905
GoldenBear
Bear Backer
 
GoldenBear's Avatar
 
Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrubio View Post
I don't think it's unreasonable for us to expect an update on a problem that is obviously big enough to halt production of such an anticipated vehicle. an update on the hold
What specific type of information would you want GM to provide in an update regarding the ZL1's QC hold?
__________________
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #906
Drake Heminger


 
Drake Heminger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Stafford, VA
Posts: 2,951
Rufi-Ohhhhh!!!
__________________
"What a coincidence, Drake returns and brings
brand new ZL1's with him...." - CAM....ZL1
Drake Heminger is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 11:55 AM   #907
Drake Heminger


 
Drake Heminger's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Stafford, VA
Posts: 2,951
This situation reminds me of " so GM will you have my order on my desk by march? Yes sir." so where's my order GM? Uh uh it's taking longer than expected :/ ok then what's the reason for the hold up? " uh I can't say" well then pack your stuff your going home! Lol jk
__________________
"What a coincidence, Drake returns and brings
brand new ZL1's with him...." - CAM....ZL1
Drake Heminger is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 01:14 PM   #908
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!
 
Fenderaddict2's Avatar
 
Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oakville
Posts: 1,892
Just popping in to see if a) you guys are getting your cars yet, and b) how I'm doing in Becky's Contest. So far no, winners.

Fingers crossed, that they release soon (The 22nd would be ideal).
__________________


Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 02:37 PM   #909
JT3640
 
JT3640's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1, 2012 QX56
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 130
Hey Zedder
Have you heard anything back from your dealer regarding your order....Just curious what you have heard
JT3640 is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #910
Zedder
 
Zedder's Avatar
 
Drives: 40 plus Camaros and counting!
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oakville
Posts: 219
He just emailed back and said that nothing has changed for them...still at 1100.
__________________
Mark
GM cancelled my ZL1 order
Zedder is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 04:09 PM   #911
JT3640
 
JT3640's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1, 2012 QX56
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Ontario
Posts: 130
Thats good to hear I hope everything works out for you and you get your car.... Keep me posted
JT3640 is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #912
rrubio
 
rrubio's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2012 Audi Q7
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
What specific type of information would you want GM to provide in an update regarding the ZL1's QC hold?
Something like, we have discovered a minor problem but we do have a solution that should take a couple days to fix. All vehicles that are currently built are getting fixed and we anticipate shipments by the beginning of April.
Just something like that, I know I know, then people will ask what was the problem and blah blah blah, but I don't need specifics. But at least an admittance of a problem, hence production being halted.
__________________
rrubio is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #913
GoldenBear
Bear Backer
 
GoldenBear's Avatar
 
Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrubio View Post
Something like, we have discovered a minor problem but we do have a solution that should take a couple days to fix. All vehicles that are currently built are getting fixed and we anticipate shipments by the beginning of April.
Just something like that, I know I know, then people will ask what was the problem and blah blah blah, but I don't need specifics. But at least an admittance of a problem, hence production being halted.
I think we already know that GM has already indicated that an issue has been identified, so that fact doesn't need to be restated, and restating it won't provide us with any more information.

The problem with giving a time estimate of when the issue will be resolved before it is actually resolved is that sometimes things take longer than initially expected, especially when it comes to new development and design, and if the estimate turns out to be incorrect, many will complain that they were given bad information or were misled.

Therefore, I believe that it is, in general, a better policy to keep statements regarding the hold to a minimum. We know that an issue has been identified, and that GM is working to resolve it as quickly as possible, and when it is properly resolved, we will be notified.
__________________
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 04:51 PM   #914
Blue Menace
 
Drives: 2013 WRX Sedan
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 705
I wonder...do people expect surgeons to stop mid-surgery to let the family know how things are going? Or would you rather wait patiently until they come out and and say "healed?"
Blue Menace is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 05:05 PM   #915
69NMYSS

 
69NMYSS's Avatar
 
Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
I think we already know that GM has already indicated that an issue has been identified, so that fact doesn't need to be restated, and restating it won't provide us with any more information.

The problem with giving a time estimate of when the issue will be resolved before it is actually resolved is that sometimes things take longer than initially expected, especially when it comes to new development and design, and if the estimate turns out to be incorrect, many will complain that they were given bad information or were misled.

Therefore, I believe that it is, in general, a better policy to keep statements regarding the hold to a minimum. We know that an issue has been identified, and that GM is working to resolve it as quickly as possible, and when it is properly resolved, we will be notified.
What are you talking about, we dont know ANYTHING. GM never officially confirmed a problem, just stated they are continuing with thier QC.
__________________
69NMYSS is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 05:36 PM   #916
GoldenBear
Bear Backer
 
GoldenBear's Avatar
 
Drives: 69 Camaro Z/28, 69 Corvette Conv
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,490
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69NMYSS View Post
What are you talking about, we dont know ANYTHING. GM never officially confirmed a problem, just stated they are continuing with thier QC.
GM has stated that all ZL1s are being held for a quality assessment, and GM also stated that the production of the ZL1 has been stopped.

Also, according to autoweek.com (http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012...NEWS/120309845), "A Chevrolet spokesperson said the company goes through a standard quality assessment and that it has found what could be a potential concern. The spokesperson declined to say what that concern might be."

I think that it's a reasonable inference to conclude from the above information that an issue has been identified in the quality assessment process.

What more would you like to know at this point other than specifics and dates?
__________________
Current Chevrolets: 1969 Camaro Z/28 -- 1969 427/390 Corvette Convertible -- 1970 350/300 Corvette Convertible -- 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible -- CRT / Exposed CF Weave Hood Insert / Suede Package / Polished Wheels / MN6
GoldenBear is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 05:51 PM   #917
hognutz


 
hognutz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: tangent or
Posts: 2,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Menace View Post
I wonder...do people expect surgeons to stop mid-surgery to let the family know how things are going? Or would you rather wait patiently until they come out and and say "healed?"
Maybe I am just a little hollywood but I prefer the mid surgery update and a happy ending to boot.

I just want a f'ing build week. then I will shut my pie hole and quit complaining.
__________________
2015 Hellcat
2013 ZL1 -sold
2013 Dart
2013 Megacab 8" lift 38"mt's
hognutz is offline  
Old 03-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #918
bobmac427
 
bobmac427's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Z06
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Cape Cod, MA
Posts: 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Menace View Post
I wonder...do people expect surgeons to stop mid-surgery to let the family know how things are going? Or would you rather wait patiently until they come out and and say "healed?"
No!
But when the surgery is over and the surgeon comes out and says "we found something else we need to take care of" ... you want some dam answers...or would you say ok, I'll go home and wait your call.
Weeks go by and you've heard NOTHING!!!

bobmac427 is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Tags
2012, boss vs zl1, camaro, camaro zl1, gt500 vs 700hp z/28, zl! dosp, zl1, zl1 hold, zl1 qc

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FE3 to ZL1 Zway Bar UpgradeZ and ZL1 ZuZpenZion PackageZ JusticePete Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 111 05-08-2013 11:38 PM
NEW Official Details on Camaro ZL1 -- 580hp / 556 lb-ft torque!! DarthNacho08 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 420 09-27-2011 05:17 PM
The 2011+ Mustang Thread GatorBlue371 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 11874 08-23-2011 01:30 PM
SLP ZL1 TESTED!!!!! SVT_SRT 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 5 08-03-2011 09:50 AM
Camaro5 Fest II Caravan/Convoy Thread tribone 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II) 13 04-12-2011 03:22 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.