Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #1351
rrubio
 
rrubio's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2012 Audi Q7
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
12/13/2011 (1100) Order placed at dealership. Order passed GM edit tables but dealer has not received allocation to place order.

12/13/2011 (1102) Order entered via web.

12/13/2011 (2030) Order edited or modified.

01/06/2012 (2000) Order accepted by GM. Dealer used allocation to place order into production.

01/10/2012 (2500) Order preferenced. Order pulled to the production system.

01/10/2012 (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.

02/02/2012 (3100) Order available to sequence.

02/02/2012 (3300) Order scheduled for production. Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle.

02/04/2012 (3400) Order Broadcast (internal plant paperwork order produced). Order is sent to various build & supplier areas to bring order together.

02/11/2012 (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.
looks like your order should have been completed right as they stopped production, your car should have been on the line early feb. sucks man
__________________
rrubio is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 10:36 AM   #1352
mcalcote
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Farmington, New Mexico
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
12/13/2011 (1100) Order placed at dealership. Order passed GM edit tables but dealer has not received allocation to place order.

12/13/2011 (1102) Order entered via web.

12/13/2011 (2030) Order edited or modified.

01/06/2012 (2000) Order accepted by GM. Dealer used allocation to place order into production.

01/10/2012 (2500) Order preferenced. Order pulled to the production system.

01/10/2012 (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.

02/02/2012 (3100) Order available to sequence.

02/02/2012 (3300) Order scheduled for production. Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle.

02/04/2012 (3400) Order Broadcast (internal plant paperwork order produced). Order is sent to various build & supplier areas to bring order together.

02/11/2012 (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.


your order has really bounced around
mcalcote is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 10:40 AM   #1353
Fenderaddict2

 
Fenderaddict2's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Boss, '65 Mustang FB, '64 Strat
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oakville
Posts: 1,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012ZL1 View Post
Off the subject a bit but Fenderaddict, I LOVE the sound of the Boss exhaust note. Truely perfect. Just watched a vid of a Boss going around the track, and man the exhaust is pure sex!
It is sweet, isn't it? I have yet to listen to any music in that car, I enjoy the raw sound that much.
__________________





What's next?
Fenderaddict2 is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #1354
Fenderaddict2

 
Fenderaddict2's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Boss, '65 Mustang FB, '64 Strat
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oakville
Posts: 1,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
I don't think it was one post or one thing. We all feel for him, but he can be too much for some of us.
No offence, but think about where he was and what he went thorough. Really, an over zealous poster hardly qualifies as too much when you bring some perspective to the table.
__________________





What's next?
Fenderaddict2 is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #1355
Fenderaddict2

 
Fenderaddict2's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Boss, '65 Mustang FB, '64 Strat
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oakville
Posts: 1,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankzl1 View Post
(Off-topic for just one second....Drake is taking a "mental health day(s)". I had a nice chat with him this evening...he knows why he was given a time-out. No hard feelings...and he'll be back. In the meantime, this will be a good time to step away and re-center.)
[/QUOTE]


__________________





What's next?
Fenderaddict2 is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 11:11 AM   #1356
radz28
Petro-sexual
 
radz28's Avatar
 
Drives: Ultra-Grin
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Crapramento, Crapifornia
Posts: 13,039
Absolutely - the whole picture is important, however, everyone is still expected to be responsible in this Community. Whatever the circumstances - when it comes to it - there are expectations for everyone. We must certainly recognize hardships and appreciate sacrifices, but no one is entitled to anything more than a fair chance.

JMVHO - I hope everything works out. He was one passionate individual and I can definately appreciate that.
__________________
"...What IS true: We anticipated that this would happen - we are never finished - and yes, Ford DOES deserve to win now and then. To think that GM can come out with a car to make ford throw in the towel is simply foolhardy..." - fbodfather
radz28 is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 11:31 AM   #1357
scutter
 
Drives: 1968 camaro
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: canada
Posts: 9
ZL1 delays

A little info for people waiting for a ZL1 mine was to be built March 16 my dealer just phoned ans said it will not be built until April16
scutter is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #1358
mcalcote
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Farmington, New Mexico
Posts: 204
I just got off the phone with customer care and all he could tell me was that my order has been processed and there is not a target production date. From this point on please contact your dealer they will be able to help you better...
I am really starting to wounder if this long wait and run-a-round is going to be worth it in the end!!!! UGH I am so not happy right now!!!!!!!
mcalcote is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #1359
Fenderaddict2

 
Fenderaddict2's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Boss, '65 Mustang FB, '64 Strat
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Oakville
Posts: 1,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcalcote View Post
I just got off the phone with customer care and all he could tell me was that my order has been processed and there is not a target production date. From this point on please contact your dealer they will be able to help you better...
I am really starting to wounder if this long wait and run-a-round is going to be worth it in the end!!!! UGH I am so not happy right now!!!!!!!
I'm sure it will be, just keep the faith my Chevy loving friends.
__________________





What's next?
Fenderaddict2 is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #1360
toilets

 
Drives: 2010 camaro
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Southeast,
Posts: 842
Rebrand all the cars to 2013... I kinda like that idea.
toilets is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 12:01 PM   #1361
rjansen
 
Drives: '72 GTO, '94 Cadillac, 2012 IOM ZL1
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: De Pere, WI. 54115
Posts: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcalcote View Post
I just got off the phone with customer care and all he could tell me was that my order has been processed and there is not a target production date. From this point on please contact your dealer they will be able to help you better...
I am really starting to wounder if this long wait and run-a-round is going to be worth it in the end!!!! UGH I am so not happy right now!!!!!!!
It is a waste of time calling Chevrolet Customer Service! You will not get any informative information from them concerning any order. It's an 'auto-response' from them to have you 'check with your dealer'! I think it's a dealer confidentiality thing. And many of the reps are way behind on the situation anyway. I've called them a number of times for different reasons, and have gotten totally different responses from two different reps on the same subject. In the end you will have more questions than answers.

Long story short--Be patient. Wait it out. And hopefully in the end, things will work out, and everything will be hunky-dory.
rjansen is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #1362
mcalcote
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Farmington, New Mexico
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjansen View Post
It is a waste of time calling Chevrolet Customer Service! You will not get any informative information from them concerning any order. It's an 'auto-response' from them to have you 'check with your dealer'! I think it's a dealer confidentiality thing. And many of the reps are way behind on the situation anyway. I've called them a number of times for different reasons, and have gotten totally different responses from two different reps on the same subject. In the end you will have more questions than answers.

Long story short--Be patient. Wait it out. And hopefully in the end, things will work out, and everything will be hunky-dory.

Thanks. I just is hard when you cant get an anwser from anyone...
mcalcote is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #1363
hognutz


 
hognutz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: tangent or
Posts: 2,471
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjansen View Post
It is a waste of time calling Chevrolet Customer Service! You will not get any informative information from them concerning any order. It's an 'auto-response' from them to have you 'check with your dealer'! I think it's a dealer confidentiality thing. And many of the reps are way behind on the situation anyway. I've called them a number of times for different reasons, and have gotten totally different responses from two different reps on the same subject. In the end you will have more questions than answers.

Long story short--Be patient. Wait it out. And hopefully in the end, things will work out, and everything will be hunky-dory.
Yeah the company building an item tells you to check with the dealer for information about a hold they initiated. that is awesome. talk about sidestepping the question.

I am not sure how people can defend that as comtomer service. they could at least have a date for an update good or bad. In my mind I am hoping for some kind of info on april 1st. If they let this go more than a month without an update I will be very pissed.
__________________
2013 ZL1
2013 Dart
2013 Megacab 8" lift 38"mt's
hognutz is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #1364
thespymaster


 
thespymaster's Avatar
 
Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: G4 CLASSIFIED
Posts: 4,639
.

__________________
2014 C7 Stingray 3LT/Z51
2013 Camaro SS
2012 Camaro ZL1 - 850 HP
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #1365
gmgdave
 
gmgdave's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 ZL1 & 08 Suzuki Boulevard C50
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 363
Quote:
Originally Posted by toilets View Post
Rebrand all the cars to 2013... I kinda like that idea.
Very unlikely as the VIN has MY2012 in it. The VIN is stamped on other parts and it is not likey they will not change all the parts.
__________________
2012 ZL1 - #413 - IOM - Mods; Exhaust Commander. GMG Third Brake Light Pulsar, Tinted Windows, color matched Engine cover, ZL1 Floor Mats
gmgdave is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #1366
Frankzl1
 
Drives: 2012 Ashen ZL1
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami
Posts: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
.

Frankzl1 is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 12:42 PM   #1367
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Posts: 2,195
This is complete BS IMHO if I was/had a ZL1 on order I would be throwing s**t I would be calling GM and making complaints be well know. For the record it's only cause they seem to be keeping you guys in the dark about this, I feel for you guys, here is to thou guys getting your cars
The IOM Ninja is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #1368
350 HRSS
GM Toyz Lover
 
350 HRSS's Avatar
 
Drives: GM Toyz
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: VA
Posts: 1,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
.

__________________
Angela
350 HRSS is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #1369
DEFENDRZL1
 
DEFENDRZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #36
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Gulf Coast of South Alabama
Posts: 76
is it my turn to WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE....

Like so many others I am trying hard to be patient but it is really difficult when the silence is deafening...

...as for calling GM or the dealer - props to the thread and Camaro5 as I learn more about what is happening here than from GM or the dealer. I am not dissing my dealer as I have strong feeling that IF he knew ANYTHING at all he would be telling me just to shut me up...... so THANKS GUYS FOR HELPING TO KEEP ME SANE...

That being said - there is a theory floating around my office from a friend who was a local dealer general manager for 17 years and was around in the days when the PT Cruisers were first hyped - now no offense to anyone on here who may have one AND more IMPORTANTLY please note I am NOT IN ANY WAY COMPARING THE TWO CARS...AT ALL.... but there were folks in line paying as much as $10k and $15k OVER LIST to order those.....it was TOTALLY NUTS... but people just "had to have them" and it drove the price up. Chrysler pretended they would only make a limited number and had a number of initial launch delays and it created a feeding frenzy. The initial production sold out for the first model year and the demand stayed high throughout the second year...then of course the market was flooded with them....My colleague was wondering out loud the other day if this is the same type of marketing strategy..
I didnt really argue the point because the information from GM is such slim pickings its hard to support any position. Is it a serious defect? Is it a isolated glitch? Is it a supplier production problem? A marketing ploy?

......this is a loyal customer base who has waited patiently ( and some not so patient, like myself) for the return of the muscle cars, not a new brand like the PTC and the increased sales of Camaro's over the last 2 1/2 years should be sufficient marketing proof the cars will have a strong sales base.....

As for me and my house.. even if there is a issue with the cars... I know GM is not going to put them on the street until they are right and as the "owner" of car #36, as long as the issue is fixed, it wont matter.....I just want the dam* car.........

WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE.....
(thanks for listening...)
DEFENDRZL1 is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #1370
Z4me

 
Z4me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,938
Would you like some cheese to go with that whine?
__________________
<img src=http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=36987&dateline=1334886195 border=0 alt= />
Z4me is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 01:29 PM   #1371
DEFENDRZL1
 
DEFENDRZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #36
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Gulf Coast of South Alabama
Posts: 76
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4me View Post
Would you like some cheese to go with that whine?

why yes I would - specially if the cheese was from OSHAWA and was delivered via a super freak black ZL1.......
DEFENDRZL1 is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 01:36 PM   #1372
DEFENDRZL1
 
DEFENDRZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #36
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Gulf Coast of South Alabama
Posts: 76
Ok now that I have caught my breath and since I have a few more minutes to kill before I check my order status again I thought I would google from me to my car...
its 1,241 miles from door to door, it says it takes 20 hours and 52 minutes.....with spring break coming up I wonder if a OCCUPY OSHAWA march (or in this case, drive) would be theraputic......
DEFENDRZL1 is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #1373
FAST ZL1
 
Drives: 2012 Ashen Grey ZL1
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Whitehall, MI
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFENDRZL1 View Post
Ok now that I have caught my breath and since I have a few more minutes to kill before I check my order status again I thought I would google from me to my car...
its 1,241 miles from door to door, it says it takes 20 hours and 52 minutes.....with spring break coming up I wonder if a OCCUPY OSHAWA march (or in this case, drive) would be theraputic......
I know how you feel. That isn't a bad idea but I don't know if I could stand looking at the cars sitting in the parking lot. I only have about 440 miles one way. It would be about 7.5 hours for me. I guess I wouldn't actually see my car because I am at 3000 yet but one of them would look like mine.
FAST ZL1 is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #1374
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended
 
Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Join Date: May 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 5,101
I wonder how long before the Press starts asking for answers. That would be nice.
ffrcobra_65 is offline  
Old 03-20-2012, 01:59 PM   #1375
DEFENDRZL1
 
DEFENDRZL1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 #36
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Gulf Coast of South Alabama
Posts: 76
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAST ZL1 View Post
I know how you feel. That isn't a bad idea but I don't know if I could stand looking at the cars sitting in the parking lot. I only have about 440 miles one way. It would be about 7.5 hours for me. I guess I wouldn't actually see my car because I am at 3000 yet but one of them would look like mine.
hopefully production will begin again soon and you will get there...if so then you can hellp with the escape planned after the march on oshawa...
DEFENDRZL1 is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Tags
2012, boss vs zl1, camaro, camaro zl1, gt500 vs 700hp z/28, zl! dosp, zl1, zl1 hold, zl1 qc

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FE3 to ZL1 Zway Bar UpgradeZ and ZL1 ZuZpenZion PackageZ JusticePete Suspension / Chassis / Brakes 111 05-08-2013 10:38 PM
NEW Official Details on Camaro ZL1 -- 580hp / 556 lb-ft torque!! DarthNacho08 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 421 09-27-2011 04:17 PM
The 2011+ Mustang Thread GatorBlue371 General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 11878 08-23-2011 12:30 PM
SLP ZL1 TESTED!!!!! SVT_SRT 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 5 08-03-2011 08:50 AM
Camaro5 Fest II Caravan/Convoy Thread tribone 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II) 13 04-12-2011 02:22 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.