Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 02:11 AM   #757
dragon22

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
More to read

http://www.superchevy.com/features/c...1/viewall.html

Be proud of what you're getting and start thinking about trying to get one of the new COPO's GM is building. ;-)

ARH LT Headers with MBRP 3" catback exhaust, Cold Air Inductions CAI, ZL1 inspired splitter, ZL1 Grille, Rear Fascia blackout, Gill decals, Aftermarket Hurst Short Throw shifter, Tune by Jannetty Racing.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:02 AM   #758
Frankzl1

Drives: 2012 Ashen ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon22 View Post
I'm not buying a ZL1. Not because I don't want one...I just plain can't afford one. I have my SS/RS and am quite happy with it until money gets better.

I envy all of you who are able to complain about not having their ZL1 yet.

BUT...I was one of the people in Area 51 in 2009. Yes...it was a long, LONG wait to get our cars. Mine was one of the last ones out of there. To this day, we still don't know why they were held. I, for one, have had zero problems with my Camaro. Is it because they were held and checked over and possibly over? It could be. I like to think that is why.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The ZL1 is GM's cream of the crop. They were in 1969. They were one of the most potent cars back then. GM's pride and joy. They want to make sure they are still the pride and joy of their dreams, your dreams, our dreams.

Nobody knows why they were held up. We, the general public, probably will never know. Speculation...that's all any of this is.

Think about this...the 2010's had a problem with the PDIM. The dealers...for the longest time...didn't know what the fix was for it. They tried software, but didn't have the updated programs. Then WE found out there was an update to the PDIM. The dealers didn't know about this though.

Let's imagine there is a software glitch that GM is giving a do over. Do you honestly think the dealership would have the software at their disposal, at this time, to be able to correct this problem? Would they have the facilities to properly test the possible fix to make sure the problem was fixed?

I think the cars are at the best possible place...IF there is a problem that needs to be corrected.

Worried about the paint? Go over it with a fine tooth comb and look for etchings from bird droppings, rain spots, salt marks...take a magnifying glass with you and look at the car inside and out BEFORE you drive away. Show the salesman, sales manager, owner of the dealership. Get it repainted.

I traded my original 2LT/RS in for a 2SS/RS at a great price. I pointed out every paint chip and door ding in the car and they had them repaired. I took it home, parked it in my garage and the back window blew out of it. I took it back and they replaced the window and repainted the back half of the car because the glass had scratched the paint to the metal. No problems...all warranty.

I say to everyone...hang in there. You are getting one hell of an automobile for a steal of a price! This car beat the Z06 on the Nurburgring by 1 second! You all are getting a car that I would give my eye teeth for and you're complaining that it is held up because GM wants to do more QC?

Everyone...give your heads a shake! Wait for it! Let GM do what they think is right. You will have smiles on your faces when you drive off the lots that won't go away for months!

Give GM a break....
Old 03-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #759
DEFENDRZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #36
still in WHINING mode this morning.....
but, even so - not cancelling order - has nothing to do with deposit, great price or anything other than I WANT THIS CAR....it is understandable for those of us with cars sitting in OSHAWA to be impatient, everyone has a opinion and as long as it is respectful should be allowed a voice...
to the camaro5 folks - i frankly appreciate GREATLY the threads and DO NOT want them "shut down"....that is sort of UNAMERICAN right...to advocate turning off a site just because the remarks are unwelcome by a few....I suspect there are more folks who APPRECIATE these threads than dont...for those of you who do not appreciate the "nagging" or in my case THE WHINING...all i can say is - dont click on the link to this thread next time you check in...go to the burnout link, or the nuremburg link or where ever because until car #36 is in my driveway I intend to WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE WHINE.....
LYMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2012, 09:22 AM   #760
htron50

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
I'm not buying a ZL1. Not because I don't want one...I just plain can't afford one. I have my SS/RS and am quite happy with it until money gets better.

I envy all of you who are able to complain about not having their ZL1 yet.

BUT...I was one of the people in Area 51 in 2009. Yes...it was a long, LONG wait to get our cars. Mine was one of the last ones out of there. To this day, we still don't know why they were held. I, for one, have had zero problems with my Camaro. Is it because they were held and checked over and possibly over? It could be. I like to think that is why.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. The ZL1 is GM's cream of the crop. They were in 1969. They were one of the most potent cars back then. GM's pride and joy. They want to make sure they are still the pride and joy of their dreams, your dreams, our dreams.

Nobody knows why they were held up. We, the general public, probably will never know. Speculation...that's all any of this is.

Think about this...the 2010's had a problem with the PDIM. The dealers...for the longest time...didn't know what the fix was for it. They tried software, but didn't have the updated programs. Then WE found out there was an update to the PDIM. The dealers didn't know about this though.

Let's imagine there is a software glitch that GM is giving a do over. Do you honestly think the dealership would have the software at their disposal, at this time, to be able to correct this problem? Would they have the facilities to properly test the possible fix to make sure the problem was fixed?

I think the cars are at the best possible place...IF there is a problem that needs to be corrected.

Worried about the paint? Go over it with a fine tooth comb and look for etchings from bird droppings, rain spots, salt marks...take a magnifying glass with you and look at the car inside and out BEFORE you drive away. Show the salesman, sales manager, owner of the dealership. Get it repainted.

I traded my original 2LT/RS in for a 2SS/RS at a great price. I pointed out every paint chip and door ding in the car and they had them repaired. I took it home, parked it in my garage and the back window blew out of it. I took it back and they replaced the window and repainted the back half of the car because the glass had scratched the paint to the metal. No problems...all warranty.

I say to everyone...hang in there. You are getting one hell of an automobile for a steal of a price! This car beat the Z06 on the Nurburgring by 1 second! You all are getting a car that I would give my eye teeth for and you're complaining that it is held up because GM wants to do more QC?

Everyone...give your heads a shake! Wait for it! Let GM do what they think is right. You will have smiles on your faces when you drive off the lots that won't go away for months!

Give GM a break....

Thanks Dragon22! If you do "hear" what the QC is, let us know.... just to cure the curiosity!
Old 03-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #761
Mr.R

Drives: ZL1, Genesis, Grand Cherokee
Bird crap really bothers me as it eats up the clearcoat. A Canadian goose can shoot nasty stuff so watch out Oshawa guys. I hope you instituted a "no-fly" zone around our babies.

I would also like to know when to expect my red monster - it was built exactly a month ago. It would be curteous to let us know a date +- 3, 4 days. Everyone that has one built or ordered put down a deposit, secured financing, gave up other alternatives, might want to get a 13 MY or a competitor car ...etc. It's not fair not to communicate anything when your previous communications made people commit resources and emotions to the ZL1. I hope GM listens.
Thanks
Old 03-13-2012, 10:50 AM   #762
dragonslayer

Drives: 1988 Toyota Tercel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim53 View Post
I would also tell my customer to start the financing.

Call your finance company, give them your vin number....
also tell them how much your car cost that your dealer gave you...
and start making payments on it NOW not when you get your car.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #763
snapp32e

Drives: '81-Z28/'07-Tundra/'12-ZL1/'13-Jeep
Why start paying interest now??? Save the money you would be using for monthly car payments in a seperate account and when the car becomes available use that saved cash for a bigger down payment and save some interest instead. Come on people, thats basic economics.
ZL1 #612
Old 03-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #764
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
I hope we hear something this week or maybe they will ship... I can't see GM letting millions of dollars sit... I'd be so eager to sell them and I'm sure they know this but yes a heads up on the process would be nice (:
Old 03-13-2012, 11:19 AM   #765
stymie

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
It might be difficult to insure, register & make monthly payments on someone else's (GM's) property (ZL1)...
Old 03-13-2012, 11:22 AM   #766
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
My dealership will not allow me to finance the car because they legally don't own it yet and don't want to be held accountable... They said after they purchase it I may then buy it from them... It doesn't make sense to buy a car that isn't in your possession... God forbid it comes damaged and your sol
Old 03-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #767
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedder View Post
If a part has to be modified then 4 - 6 weeks is about right for retooling, first offs, testing and then filling the pipeline again. The new car line would start up again and those already built would be reworked. I can fully understand someone with a car already built being pissed that their car is sitting outside for weeks or months in the elements (and bird crap)! l also think that anyone with a car on order has a right to express their feeling about the situation. Most of those telling them to relax and take it in stride don't even have a car on order right now...I really don't think it's fair that you tell them how to feel when you aren't in their shoes. If you don't like reading this thread and their comments, you don't have to read them you know

As for me, I'm glad GM is fixing the problem before they ship the cars as that is the only prudent thing to do. However, it may mean that I don't get my order pulled for 2012. That's OK and I'll still get a ZL1, but I will get my deposit back and wait until this time next year to pick one up. In my climate, it makes no sense to get a car at the end of the suimmer as pricing is better in the winter and I won't have $60K tied up just sitting in the garage! I do hope GM gives us an idea of how long this will take soon so those who want to look at alternative arrangements can do so before the season is too far gone.
Well stated. All we need is an update with estimated timeframe so people with money down can plan accordingly. Take your time and make sure the problem is corrected, but keep the client in the loop in the process. GM did the right thing by keeping the cars and making corrections no matter how small the problem, we don’t need to know the exact problem, or an exact date of completion, just an update as to how the fix is proceeding and an updated estimated time of completion. Just my thoughts, I'm sure there will be plenty chimming in saying to relax, or stop whining, or stop feeling obligated to an awnser.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:39 AM   #768
69NMYSS

Drives: '69 Camaro SS and '12 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Just to make it absolutely clear the above post is completely my fabrication and a joke. I just remembered what happened when someone joked about the project being cancelled.

Yeah Drake had to be peeled off the floor
Old 03-13-2012, 11:42 AM   #769
Janet

Drives: 2015 Z06, 06 Silverado,
Quote:
Something to read while you're waiting to get them...

http://www.cartype.com/pages/1905/ch...maro_zl1__1969
Nice info in both threads, thanks

Janet
Old 03-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #770
stymie

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
*consults his magic8ball...
magic8ball, when will QC Quarantine be lifted & ZL1s shipped to the unwashed masses?
-On or slightly before March 20th... you know, SPRING! Like I said before: SHOW BIZ. C'mon, stymie... ALL the ZL1 Camaros are running the very same program... CTF, auto show, magazine publications'... & last but not least, YOUR ZL1 stuck up in Canada. Why would the program be any different in the 500 BEASTS on the back lot? IF these cars aren't shipped on or before the 20th, there really is a SERIOUS problem. Translation: Chevy can build a sweet race car, but has a bit of difficulty mass producing the concept.

This kind of reminds me of a time that I put a deposit down on something called a COSWORTH VEGA. It was supposed to be "special"... the engine sure was purdy with those exhaust headers & twin-cam, 4 valve per cylinder heads. The magazines predicted how wonderful they would be when in the hands of enthusiasts. By the time it was released, it had been completely emasculated with anti-smog gear & low compression. The intake sounded like the COPD ward & the exhaust... a dry popcorn fart! 0 - 60 mph came up in a mind numbing 10 seconds. The d@mn thing didn't even come with A/C... lolz! It kept frying the high energy ignition system & few dealers were trained to handle the thing. IF you ever encounter one of these abortions, it will undoubtedly be a "low miles car"!!! I wound up trading IT for a '77 L82 Corvette with gymkhana & alloys; buckskin with a dark brown leather interior. That's another story I'll save for later. After another similar episode with an '83 Z28, I boycotted ALL GM purchases from that point on. This ZL1 is a real Leap of Faith for me.

Closed Thread

Tags
2012, boss vs zl1, camaro, camaro zl1, gt500 vs 700hp z/28, zl! dosp, zl1, zl1 hold, zl1 qc