Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2012, 03:00 PM   #26
HopeRidesAlone

 
HopeRidesAlone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
To be honest I was going to chance it. There's no more tailpipe inspection in md. Just obd and visual. I know plenty of peoples who pass every year with no problems as long as your emission readiness is good which you can check with a obd scanner before you go. if all fail I guess I will have to put the factory header back on within 3 months. I was going to only use the obx until end of this year and replace with another long tube with high flow cats but it look like I will be doing that sooner than I thought.
Even with any longtube it will be the same fight cats or not but we will just have to give it a shot with the tune.
__________________
2010 Black 2LT/RS - Injen CAI, ARK DTS Catback Polished Tips, OBX LT Headers, Lowered on Eibach, 3/8 blackiceolator, Trifecta Tuned.- Totaled 3/10/13

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:38 PM   #27
OOLIE

 
OOLIE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 LS
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: FL
Posts: 1,644
Yeah I wouldn't want to dance the emissions with this set up. I am glad where I live. Hopefully you don't have to change out to totally. I guess it just depends on how specific the tests are
__________________
OOLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:05 PM   #28
HopeRidesAlone

 
HopeRidesAlone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 832
all they do it plug in to the obd so we will see. the only problem is im afraid of is the smell of catless lol
__________________
2010 Black 2LT/RS - Injen CAI, ARK DTS Catback Polished Tips, OBX LT Headers, Lowered on Eibach, 3/8 blackiceolator, Trifecta Tuned.- Totaled 3/10/13

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:04 PM   #29
bmorecam
Account Suspended
 
Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CYBERGMONSTER@GMAIL.COM
Posts: 3,660
Smell can easily be fixed with ethanol I'm more worried about visual inspection. Depending on who inspect the day you go you might end up having to deal with a guy who might be real anal with a car that come in with their exhaust growling. To some that's a red flag to start checking. Let's just hope we both don't have to end up having to swap back to stock LOL.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:46 PM   #30
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101
 
rtcat600man's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Clarkston, Michigan
Posts: 7,817
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeRidesAlone View Post
all they do it plug in to the obd so we will see. the only problem is im afraid of is the smell of catless lol

honestly, I don't smell any issues.
__________________
rtcat600man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:07 PM   #31
HopeRidesAlone

 
HopeRidesAlone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 832
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
honestly, I don't smell any issues.
Really? Ever since i put them on i can smell a difference.

Bmore worse comes to worse i may not take it to my normal place where i usually get emissions and take it to one of the more bad areas lol. at much as id hate to take my car through certain parts of town may be the easiest way to pass emissions.
__________________
2010 Black 2LT/RS - Injen CAI, ARK DTS Catback Polished Tips, OBX LT Headers, Lowered on Eibach, 3/8 blackiceolator, Trifecta Tuned.- Totaled 3/10/13

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #32
bmorecam
Account Suspended
 
Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CYBERGMONSTER@GMAIL.COM
Posts: 3,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeRidesAlone View Post
Really? Ever since i put them on i can smell a difference.

Bmore worse comes to worse i may not take it to my normal place where i usually get emissions and take it to one of the more bad areas lol. at much as id hate to take my car through certain parts of town may be the easiest way to pass emissions.
lol When is your emission? Mine should be coming up around dec-jan. West bmore might not be a bad idea LOL.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #33
cntryman77

 
cntryman77's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Newton Falls, OH
Posts: 1,070
I listened today & no rattle...I do have a kind of hiss at part throttle, but it's something I've noticed since day 1..I just thought it was the extra air flowing thru the headers
__________________
cntryman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:35 AM   #34
bmorecam
Account Suspended
 
Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CYBERGMONSTER@GMAIL.COM
Posts: 3,660
Thanks nathan I think the partial "rattle snake" noise is from my leaks right around the resonator. The leak does not go away but I can make it stop for a short period of time if I reposition the band clamp, to my surprise, the "rattle snake" noise calmed down after killing the leak temporarily The hissing or what some call air rushing seem normal with these obx headers tho.

Now I have another issue. My exhaust is hitting the heat shield sometimes when accelerating. I believe while I was having my 3.91's put in yesterday, my install guys didn't install the exhaust back right. I guess more fun for me under the car today
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:05 PM   #35
eastwoodisme
 
Drives: 2010 LS3 CGM 2SS Camaro
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Pearland
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Thanks nathan I think the partial "rattle snake" noise is from my leaks right around the resonator. The leak does not go away but I can make it stop for a short period of time if I reposition the band clamp, to my surprise, the "rattle snake" noise calmed down after killing the leak temporarily The hissing or what some call air rushing seem normal with these obx headers tho.

Now I have another issue. My exhaust is hitting the heat shield sometimes when accelerating. I believe while I was having my 3.91's put in yesterday, my install guys didn't install the exhaust back right. I guess more fun for me under the car today
I had the exact same issue but I found out it wasnt outside at all it was inside!!! My A/C fan, when off (of course everything was off because I was listening) would spin freely and make the same noise. Say like take a coffee can, turn it on its side, throw a few pieces of rice in it and roll it across the floor... Took it to the dealer and they replaced my A/C compressor and fan... noise is no more. It did increase with acceleration as somehow air was pushing through the cabin filter backwards to the fan and spinning it slowly? Idk, all I know is that its gone. Listen for the sound then turn on your blower motor and see if it goes away...
eastwoodisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #36
HopeRidesAlone

 
HopeRidesAlone's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 832
i have that issue with mine bmore. In maryland with a new car you get 5 years before the first one so we should be good for a while lol. ive had mine for just over 2 now so im not too worried.
__________________
2010 Black 2LT/RS - Injen CAI, ARK DTS Catback Polished Tips, OBX LT Headers, Lowered on Eibach, 3/8 blackiceolator, Trifecta Tuned.- Totaled 3/10/13

2010 Black 2SS/RS - Feesler side skirt, Feesler Spoiler, Feesler carbon fiber bowties, H&R Lowering Springs.
HopeRidesAlone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #37
bmorecam
Account Suspended
 
Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: CYBERGMONSTER@GMAIL.COM
Posts: 3,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwoodisme View Post
I had the exact same issue but I found out it wasnt outside at all it was inside!!! My A/C fan, when off (of course everything was off because I was listening) would spin freely and make the same noise. Say like take a coffee can, turn it on its side, throw a few pieces of rice in it and roll it across the floor... Took it to the dealer and they replaced my A/C compressor and fan... noise is no more. It did increase with acceleration as somehow air was pushing through the cabin filter backwards to the fan and spinning it slowly? Idk, all I know is that its gone. Listen for the sound then turn on your blower motor and see if it goes away...
Hmmm... I will def have to look into that tomorrow. For some reason the noise is barely audible as the temp go up but it's definitely still there. I'm definitely making plans to go with different brand. I can't deal with this noise. I heard you can get rid of the noise by wrapping the header too, but it might not be good for the header's health, but I would do anything just to get rid of the darn noise before going back to factory header. I don't even want to think about working on these headers again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopeRidesAlone View Post
i have that issue with mine bmore. In maryland with a new car you get 5 years before the first one so we should be good for a while lol. ive had mine for just over 2 now so im not too worried.
is it 5 years for new cars?? I thought it was 2
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
OK...I'm starting a better V6 exhaust examples thread!! KMPrenger Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 557 09-07-2014 03:56 PM
Question about noise with OBX LT header bmorecam Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 13 10-16-2011 03:54 PM
Dynatech's SuperMaxx Long Tube Header Packages On Sale!!! tbyrne V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes 8 01-26-2010 01:31 PM
Dynatech Long Tube Header Packages Starting at $1245.99! tbyrne V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes 7 08-06-2009 10:48 AM
Long tube header news! camaro1 Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 69 04-12-2009 08:00 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.