Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
HRE Wheels
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #29
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,718
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
They're loudest right behind the headers and you get the best flow (so best hp gain).

But, I've told you this about 300 times already... Spike! Your turn.
OH, if I were to install the regular ones tomorrow (but I will resist) I'd do them just like that. But..........
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #30
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A
 
sasquash1984's Avatar
 
Drives: The yeti
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Saginaw/ Ft Worth TX
Posts: 3,088
no videos???????
__________________
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #31
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,718
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquash1984 View Post
no videos???????
haha, I haven't done it yet.

BUT, here's the one I've been watching.

__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #32
techinny

 
techinny's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Silverado 1500, '05 GMC 2500HD
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

It does look like that. LMAO

That, of course, was a joke.

I might be ordering the noweeds. It's the best set-up there is. And the easiest to install.

Just costly. But I've talked to noweeds and they asked what my current exhaust is, got the Borla part numbers and confirmed that it will bolt in. So I'm good there.

Problem is Jegs sent another kind of cutout that WILL fit. I wasn't able to intercept my mailed request. So tomorrow I'll have a regular set of cutouts.

Gonna be hard not to go down and install them. lol

Noweeds take a few weeks to ship.
If you had have ordered them 3 weeks ago, they would have shipped today, someone else's did
__________________

Had: 2010 SS/RS M6 Hurst STS, Noweeds
techinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:32 PM   #33
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,718
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by techinny View Post
If you had have ordered them 3 weeks ago, they would have shipped today, someone else's did


I'm gonna take wild guess.

YOU did.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #34
techinny

 
techinny's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 Silverado 1500, '05 GMC 2500HD
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post


I'm gonna take wild guess.

YOU did.
__________________

Had: 2010 SS/RS M6 Hurst STS, Noweeds
techinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #35
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,718
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by techinny View Post
Those guys sell a lot of those.

But, it looks like I'll miss out. With my other ones able to get here quicker I'll probably just do them.

3 weeks is way longer than I want to wait. I'd order them right now if they could ship. I just have a show I want to make next weekend.
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:54 AM   #36
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,827
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I'm going witha regular clamp type so I can put simple turndowns on them and so I can replace it with any type that I want.

Cept for the ones I just sent back.

Going with Jegs again. Figured I have the credit now I might as well use it.
you do remember when I told you about QTPs ability to just bolt the turndown to the cutout right?

Exhaust pipe//Y-pipe//Cutout motor//Turndown




Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Just got the cheap Jegs type. Probably the same anyway. But if it doesn't last long I can just switch. It was just easier to exchange them than to wait for the refund process.

I just ordered these.

Attachment 344017


those will hold up pretty well. they are a little heavy tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
They're loudest right behind the headers and you get the best flow (so best hp gain).

But, I've told you this about 300 times already... Spike! Your turn.
I stopped counting.

I'm going to start telling him to do completely outlandish stuff to his car... maybe then, he'll do what I tell him... oh wait....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
OH, if I were to install the regular ones tomorrow (but I will resist) I'd do them just like that. But..........
just do it!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
haha, I haven't done it yet.

BUT, here's the one I've been watching.

so you want to giggle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Those guys sell a lot of those.

But, it looks like I'll miss out. With my other ones able to get here quicker I'll probably just do them.

3 weeks is way longer than I want to wait. I'd order them right now if they could ship. I just have a show I want to make next weekend.
DO IT!

wait... you usually do the opposite of what I tell you...

DON'T INSTALL THE ONES YOU HAVE!!!! BUY THE NOWEEDS!!!!!



SCREW IT, SEND THEM ALL BACK AND JUST TAKE THE HEADERS OFF COMPLETELY.
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #37
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,718
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
you do remember when I told you about QTPs ability to just bolt the turndown to the cutout right?

Exhaust pipe//Y-pipe//Cutout motor//Turndown
Yup. The cutouts I have coming today do the same thing.


Quote:
DO IT!

wait... you usually do the opposite of what I tell you...
Problem is my collectors from the headers go back about 8 inches further than the ones that were on Emmas car. So the tranny brace is right where her cutout motors were. In order to get them where hers were I have to move the O2 sensor and cut into the header literally a quarter inch from where the collectors straighten out. And put the O2 bung on the 'Y' pipe.

Or, move the cutout to the S pipes. Which will be fine, not like I;m going to miss the 2 hp from it being a foot behind but might not be as pretty.

OR, go with the noweeds system.

__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:42 AM   #38
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,827
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Yup. The cutouts I have coming today do the same thing.
good. use them


Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Problem is my collectors from the headers go back about 8 inches further than the ones that were on Emmas car. So the tranny brace is right where her cutout motors were. In order to get them where hers were I have to move the O2 sensor and cut into the header literally a quarter inch from where the collectors straighten out. And put the O2 bung on the 'Y' pipe.
BS. see pictures and comments below for some options

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Or, move the cutout to the S pipes. Which will be fine, not like I;m going to miss the 2 hp from it being a foot behind but might not be as pretty.
again... how bout moving the S pipes back slightly to allow you more room and that way you wont have to move the o2 sensor.

You should have a straight section of pipe (may be under the driveshaft, but you could notch out an extra 4" out of there and cut behind the o2 sensor, then slide the whole assembly back in order to fit the ypipe and cutout and still clear the trans brace and floor.

does anyone make a smaller trans brace btw?
Attached Images
  
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:57 AM   #39
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,718
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
See there is the problem I have.

I trust NO ONE down here to do all of that. Plus, even if I did let someone down here cut all of that out it would end up costing me as much as if I just did the noweeds.

I'm going to go to the muffler shop. Best one they have here as told to me by just about everyone here. And they seem to know their stuff but if I'm going to end up paying them 300.00 I might as well just spend the extra and go noweeds.

If for some reason noweeds doesn't fit then I send it back and go from there. But before I let one of these guys slice up my whole exhaust I should maybe be patient just to see.

Jegs let's you send stuff back up to a year for a full refund. Might be in my best interest to wait.

Answer me this..... If the noweeds fits and works, don't you think it's the perfect way to go?
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 09:58 AM   #40
2L82RUN
 
2L82RUN's Avatar
 
Drives: ABM SS/RS
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: WV
Posts: 587
http://www.streetfire.net/video/jds-...ro_2010154.htm

DMH cutouts shown about 40-45 secs into video. That's on a Borla S exhaust.

First run - DMH cutouts closed
Second run - cutouts open

__________________
2L82RUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #41
PQ
Booooosted.
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,718
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L82RUN View Post
http://www.streetfire.net/video/jds-...ro_2010154.htm

DMH cutouts shown about 40-45 secs into video. That's on a Borla S exhaust.

First run - DMH cutouts closed
Second run - cutouts open
That appeared to be an LS3. If so then we know it would work. But the auto tranny with my longer headers makes it a space problem.

Do you have any pics of the cutouts on it?
__________________
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #42
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer
 
CamaroSpike23's Avatar
 
Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: anywhere and everywhere
Posts: 22,827
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
See there is the problem I have.

I trust NO ONE down here to do all of that. Plus, even if I did let someone down here cut all of that out it would end up costing me as much as if I just did the noweeds.

I'm going to go to the muffler shop. Best one they have here as told to me by just about everyone here. And they seem to know their stuff but if I'm going to end up paying them 300.00 I might as well just spend the extra and go noweeds.

If for some reason noweeds doesn't fit then I send it back and go from there. But before I let one of these guys slice up my whole exhaust I should maybe be patient just to see.

Jegs let's you send stuff back up to a year for a full refund. Might be in my best interest to wait.

Answer me this..... If the noweeds fits and works, don't you think it's the perfect way to go?
you do realize that I'm telling you to install them yourself right?

and if the Jegs cutouts fit and work and you have them in your possession now and don't have to wait 3 weeks to get them... don't you think its the perfect way to go?
__________________
Never race anything you can't afford to light on fire and push off a cliff
A group as a whole tends to be smarter than the smartest person in that group until one jackass convinces everyone otherwise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
QTP Electric Exhaust Cutouts Pictures and Videos!!! Quick Time Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 51 08-08-2015 09:09 PM
New low profile electric exhaust cutouts for your Camaro @ PFYC.com Redshift V8 Bolt-Ons & Tunes 8 08-14-2014 04:19 PM
Headers w/ exhaust cutouts OHIOSS Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 4 01-22-2012 01:13 AM
QTP Electric Exhaust Cutouts Installed on L99 with Borla! thespymaster Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 2 04-03-2010 06:03 PM
exhaust cutouts Vs. Diverters ZeeTwentyFour General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 2 07-10-2009 08:23 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.