Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

USA - Great Lakes IL, IN, MI, MN, OH, WI

Old 03-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
3rd Annual track Day @ Mid-Ohio

I have been in contact with Mid-Ohio. They would like us to possible join with a Corvette Group on August 29th, which is a Wednesday; from 8am to 1:30 ish **EDIT** we might be able to do this day and do the afternoon session. Does it make a difference, or do we need the day to be on Monday?**EDIT**

I am particularly not liking the Wednesday, but I will leave it up to the masses that planned on going this year.

I personally liked the Monday evening thing because you guys that have to travel didn't have to get a hotel room, helping keeping your costs down.

It looks like the Price is going to be $325 for early registration and $375 after the deadline in July. I know it was going up, last years price was a mistake, it was supposed to be the $325 & $375.

Please let me know what you think and I will update this thread as needed.
2SS/RS 400RWHP, Hurst Shifter, Vararam Tune model,SLP Loudmouth axle back, Pedders Camaro Pace Car Kit &, EP7323, PDUSACAM2800, EP1167, ZL1 Calipers, CTS-V rotors, ZL1 Wheels, GTO clutch resevoir, Pedders Camber plates.
Back Street Performance has done a great job with ALL my Performance & Suspension mods, highly recommend them (Rich@BSP) he's in my friends list.

Last edited by TLSTWIN; 03-06-2012 at 05:53 PM.
TLSTWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:58 AM   #2
TLSTWIN

If you are planning on attending our 3rd annual, please let me know if you DO or DO NOT like this date above.
2SS/RS 400RWHP, Hurst Shifter, Vararam Tune model,SLP Loudmouth axle back, Pedders Camaro Pace Car Kit &, EP7323, PDUSACAM2800, EP1167, ZL1 Calipers, CTS-V rotors, ZL1 Wheels, GTO clutch resevoir, Pedders Camber plates.
Back Street Performance has done a great job with ALL my Performance & Suspension mods, highly recommend them (Rich@BSP) he's in my friends list.
Old 03-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #3
velociSSimo
... well, not yet.

Drives: 2012 Chevy Silverado ZL1
Wednesday is tough, but doable for me. Whatever the masses want!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #4
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by velociSSimo View Post
Wednesday is tough, but doable for me. Whatever the masses want!
That is what I need to know

I have NO PROBLEM telling them we want a Monday evening again and they will do it as long as we get enough people.

The corvette group wanted to separate the camaros & corvettes I told the mid-ohio guy the corvettes are the ones that slowed us down on our last track day.

I have NO problem separating people by the abilities or comfort levels, but not based on the car. I believe we have some camaros in our groups that would run circles around those vettes if allowed.

I just need feedback from those planning on attending so I can figure out what to plan and when.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #5
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Have Camaro - check.

Like to drive fast - check.

Need race track - tell me where & when.

I don't care what day of the week. I would prefer afternoon/evening over morning only because for a morning session, I would probably be hitting Columbus rush hour traffic.

I like the idea of breaking up groups based on comfort or ability level. It might even be a good idea to break up the groups, then do some laps, then bring everyone into the pits so people can reassess their comfort level and then reorganize the groups.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #6
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by gahammerle View Post

I don't care what day of the week. I would prefer afternoon/evening over morning only because for a morning session, I would probably be hitting Columbus rush hour traffic.

I like the idea of breaking up groups based on comfort or ability level. It might even be a good idea to break up the groups, then do some laps, then bring everyone into the pits so people can reassess their comfort level and then reorganize the groups.
OK

I agree, that is what we do when we do motorcycle track days. I will see what I can do.

If I don't hear a definitive NO for a Wednesday from the masses by the end of this weekend. we might just do this date in the evening.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:45 PM   #7
KMSRS2SS
I lurk

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
If the timing is right, i might be interested in this. I have some property in Sparta which I didn't realize was that close to Mid-Ohio that I hunt and camp at. Does this place have a drag strip or just road course?

VMS Stage 2.5 Camshaft Kit- Comp cam LSA 114,227/239, .613 .623, RotoFab CAI, VMS ported intake manifold,Kooks 1 3/4" headers with HF cats, Corsa Catback, VMS custom dyno tune,TechAFX engine hose relocation kit, DSS 1400 hp axles, BMR toe rods and links, LS9 Clutch, Hurst short throw with roll out, Liberty Gear built tremec 6060.
KMSRS2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 01:52 PM   #8
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMSRS2SS View Post
If the timing is right, i might be interested in this. I have some property in Sparta which I didn't realize was that close to Mid-Ohio that I hunt and camp at. Does this place have a drag strip or just road course?
http://www.midohio.com/Home

road course

First track day:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...7&feature=plcp

2nd Track Day:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...8&feature=plcp
Old 03-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #9
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Didn't see this video on your site for the First Track Day:

Not sure who took the video, but the car and driver in it are awesome.

This year: Not sure it matters to me as far as Monday vs. Wednesday if we don't start till late morning or the afternoon. It'll be a one day (up and back) like last year.

SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:34 AM   #10
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
Didn't see this video on your site for the First Track Day:

Not sure who took the video, but the car and driver in it are awesome.

This year: Not sure it matters to me as far as Monday vs. Wednesday if we don't start till late morning or the afternoon. It'll be a one day (up and back) like last year.
That is Adam. He had the blue GTO. He couldn't make it last year. They just had a kid a fews weeks before the event.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:20 AM   #11
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
is that the extend of the "road coarse"? IS the event more drag racing than anything on a road coarse?

Edit

I seen some of the road coarse vids.. is it all follow the leader?

franknbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 01:56 PM   #12
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
is that the extend of the "road coarse"? IS the event more drag racing than anything on a road coarse?

Edit

I seen some of the road coarse vids.. is it all follow the leader?
No, that is just a warm up autocross section to teach lines, to be smooth in the transitions and such.

All track time is follow the leader. Each person in the group ( 6 to 8) gets a couple laps right behind the instructor to see the lines of the track. The instructor will go as fast as you push him, or conditions warrant.

For example, last year was a wet track day. I had brand new tires on my car so I had great traction where the instructor had older tires that had been through multiple heat cycles which made them hard; therefore I was actually able to keep better traction then him, so I was right on him and he then dictated how fast we went.

Make sense? By NO means was I better, just my tires had better grip, which gave my car better control. I have been misunderstood a lot lately, don't need any more of that

Oh, if you look at the first year vids when the track was dry, you can see how the group spreads out. We were hitting triple digits easily on the back straight and did a couple times on the front straight.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:28 AM   #13
SilverIceman

Drives: Camaro SS SIM
AutoX is only part of the day. Getting out on the "big" track is the finale.
Here's a bit from the Cornering Drill. Note the rain.

Here's an early lap following the instructor as he followed their "wet" line. Note the spotter yelling at me for my half open window(2:41).

This one was my "bonus" lap as most drivers had enough at this point. Instructor had already pulled in.

After sliding around in the rain for an hour I definitely want to do it again on dry pavement.

SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #14
TLSTWIN

Cool, I remember you sliding a few times when trying to apply all that power that day. You can see it in the videos too

I will be talking to Mid-Ohio this week about our time there this year, most likely joining the corvette guys.