Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Garage / Tools Discussions Discussions about garage setups and general tools discussions.

Old 03-18-2012, 09:46 PM   #26
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Drives: RJTC 1SS RS L99
Concrete is strange stuff in that it will actually cure under water and keeps gaining strength for years after it is strong enough to use. If memory serves most places say to wet it down for about a week and then you can continue building, but it takes longer than that before you should drive on it! Anybody remember the times? I know it varies with type of concrete and thickness, but I am not remembering good.
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Brianskeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:40 AM   #27
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 7,000,000 lbs. of thrust
Ruby, your garage is starting to look real nice. I can't wait to see it when it's done.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #28
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
I hope the framers will show up this week since we finally are going to have some pretty weather. We went out & bought a outdoor fountain that we plan to put in between the garage doors. I wish I had thought to take my camera to take a pic of the one on display but we had no idea we were going to buy it. It is one of those things you just have to see to get it but the color & shape of it made it just look like it needed to be there. We also looked at different ideas for floor coverings, wall coverings, etc. As for the trenches the concrete truck made in the side yard, well part of that is our property & part our neighbors. We had talked to her before starting the project & she had no problem with it getting messed up but of course it will get fixed afterword. Unfortunately driving around the carport on a regular basis or making that part of the driveway is not an option. The whole driveway will eventually also be concrete. We are accustomed to playing musical cars so no biggie for us. BTW, a nice option is that the builder thought we needed 10' wide doors so we had less worries about parking our babies! Obviously, we loved that idea. Only thing is that will move the "people" door to the side which we don't mind.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:48 PM   #29
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Hubby just called to say that the framers arrived & already had the walls framed up. He was really impressed by the workers saying they were moving in sync working very fast & efficiently. Wooo Hooo! Garage soon!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #30
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Okay so our 28' X28' garage with 10' garage doors is finally taking shape! Here are some pics:
Attached Images

Old 03-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #31
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Looking good!

"Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas at the same time."
"I was doing fine until about mid-corner when I ran out of talent."
"Don't brake until you see God, just don't meet him"
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #32
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
Looks great I have never seen a builder put on the siding before the roof until now. Although I can't see that there is anything wrong with that. You are going to love having a garage.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #33
Black Lightning

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Cool thread. Nice to see the Camaros' home being built. Thanks for sharing this.

Red hood spears; Corsa cat-back exhaust; Roto-fab intake; Engine bay black/red theme; Black outs including both bowties, tail lights, tail light bezels, and side lamps; gill stripes; 35% window tints; Side SS badges; Hurst-equipped badge.
Black Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:40 PM   #34
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS

Looking good
Old 03-22-2012, 10:17 PM   #35
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandron263 View Post
Looks great I have never seen a builder put on the siding before the roof until now. Although I can't see that there is anything wrong with that. You are going to love having a garage.
I guess the guys were just frustrated because the roof trusses did not arrive until today. It was raining today so no progress. :( Hopefully they can get a lot done tomorrow. Yeah, we are looking foward to it.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:56 AM   #36
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Coming along nicely!
Old 03-23-2012, 10:58 AM   #37
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Looking good..
Old 03-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #38
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Them boys are moving!! You are going to have a finished garage before you know it.
ARH 1 7/8 coated LT, High flows, Corsa L99 exhaust, Vmax CNC throttle body, Elite Engineering catch can and tunnel brace, C.A.I. Apex Washer relocation and scoop, Janetty Tune, MSD wires, DEI heat shields, RB rotors and pads, Mike the powder coater calipers, pedders lines, Forgestar F14's, Gorilla nutz, MTI spoiler finished by Gary, Gary's Customz Bow Ties, Side Markers and Tails tinted, Bezels matte black, Badges deleted, Windows Tinted, AAC DRL P13W lights, AAC tinted LED reverse lights, AAC LED interior lights, RPI match painted DRL Bezels, Lis plate frame, Lloyds mats
Old 03-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #39
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Mike called to say they already have the roof braces up & the roof almost on. I wonder if it will have shingles on by the time I get home?
Old 03-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #40
garcmol

Well, I agree with another post from earlier. I've never seen siding up before the roof and yours is on with house wrap. Hell, you may have a roof and garage doors by the time you get home!
Old 03-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #41
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
Garage is looking good so far! Must be exciting knowing that your "babies" will have the comfort and protection from the elements very soon!! Keep posting those pics as the progression occurs...
rjdapilmoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:28 PM   #42
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

It has a roof!

Well it is not finished but it sure looks like a garage! The guys are still out there working but I could not resist taking a few pics while they were still working:
Attached Images

Old 03-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #43
garcmol

That's a good crew you have there!
Old 03-24-2012, 01:50 AM   #44
RamGrad

Drives: '11 2LT/RS Vert, '68 Chevy C10
Looks great!! Congrats on the new Camaro Cave!!!
RamGrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:41 AM   #45
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Looking good Ruby! Looks like you have a great crew building it for you.
What all have you planned for inside?
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #46
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
Wow they are making good progress you will be parking in there really soon at this pace.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2012, 10:56 PM   #47
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

We went out & got a couple more things we needed today so the electrician can get his work done tomorrow. We hooked up the fountain to be sure it works (not in it's intended place in front of the garage). I also planted some climbing roses by the carport fence & some vines by the ornamental fences on the other side of the house. We also added a new trellis for the vine in front of the house to grow on. Mike & I decided to take down the rails on the front porch & re-do the posts. (I will have to look for some before pics of the house when I have more time) Mike started work on one post but the rest of that job will have to wait. 2 Camaros needed quick baths. Funny how a new Garage necesitates sprucing up things around the outside of the house. Here are some pics:
Attached Images

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 03-25-2012 at 11:09 PM.
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:34 AM   #48
Brianskeet
Brianskeet

Looks really nice! What are your plans for the inside.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:51 AM   #49
pistolgripcopo1
pistolgripcopo1

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Carbon fiber gray
Well Ruby looks like you have a really nice place there, It'll be nice to be able to work on your mods all year round. Great.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:11 AM   #50
RubyCamaro
SSlayer

Well the framer crew finished their part today. The electrician did not come today. Supposedly he & the garage door guy will to come tomorrow & the gutter folks on Wed or Th. Then it will be time to pour the concrete drive. Here are some pics from today and a pic of the outside lights & coaxle cable yet to be installed:
Attached Images