Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 05-01-2009, 01:22 AM   #1
liquidfire350

Drives: 2010 Black SS/RS
well i finally did it

sold my 2000 Z28 this past sunday and put in my order tuesday the 28th
nothing fancy for me, just a 2SS, RS, black in and out, manual, and a sunroof.

dealer said dont be suprised if it doesnt show up till maybe august, i said i understand and thats fine, ive still got the GTP (which will be traded in) and the GSXR to cruise around untill then.
liquidfire350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:24 AM   #2
Flynnaz
Wicked Camaro

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to Flynnaz Send a message via Yahoo to Flynnaz Send a message via Skype™ to Flynnaz
Congratz!, I sold my 1970 for my 2SS/RS

Mods so far: Ported Throttle Body/Airiad CAI/ Elite Oil Catch Can/Clutch reservoir separation Mod/Subthump/Foot well Lighting/RBG LED behind Grill/LED under Polished Strut Tower Brace/Vinyl Gill Blackouts/Skip Shift Eliminator/DYI Mild to Wild/AAC Plasma DRL's with Plug n Play harness/Blue LED Dome light, white LED trunk and Licence plate light/tinted windows/blacked out side markers and tail lights/Headlight Armor/Clear Bra/splash guards/Black Gorilla Locking Lug Nuts/Plastidipped Bow Ties and rear Tail Light Bezels/Emblem Pros Black Camaro letters/diodedynamics lighted cup holder (SS)
Flynnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:31 AM   #3
RobbRock
Consultant Camino Real

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to RobbRock
Congrats I am sure you will have it before august
RobbRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 02:02 AM   #4
liquidfire350

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbRock View Post
Congrats I am sure you will have it before august
that would be awesome

my biggest debate was if i wanted the sunroof or not. the z28 was t-topped, the gtp has a sunroof, and the bike is well open air. so i started thinking if i got the hard top, id look up and think somethings missing. and im only 5'9", so head rooms not really an issue. i sat in one at the chicago auto show, and thought this things got amazing head room, and that one had a sunroof on it.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:28 AM   #5
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
Congrats

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:14 AM   #6
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidfire350 View Post
that would be awesome

my biggest debate was if i wanted the sunroof or not. the z28 was t-topped, the gtp has a sunroof, and the bike is well open air. so i started thinking if i got the hard top, id look up and think somethings missing. and im only 5'9", so head rooms not really an issue. i sat in one at the chicago auto show, and thought this things got amazing head room, and that one had a sunroof on it.
If I could have known for sure if I'd fit properly, I would have got the sunroof as well. I know when I look up, I am going to miss not being able to see out. This is the main reason I don't think I'll ever get rid of my Trans Am...I couldn't live without T-Tops on something!!!
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:15 AM   #7
liquidfire350

Quote:
Originally Posted by SScattergunSS View Post
If I could have known for sure if I'd fit properly, I would have got the sunroof as well. I know when I look up, I am going to miss not being able to see out. This is the main reason I don't think I'll ever get rid of my Trans Am...I couldn't live without T-Tops on something!!!
if i can find one cheap enough, i think i may pick up a 3rd gen or maybe a lt1 4th gen with t-tops as a daily driver.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:18 AM   #8
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
I beg to differ with your "nothing fancy" description! That's one fully loaded machine right there. All you're missing is ground effects.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:20 AM   #9
vladkgb

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS Pewter
how much were u able to sell the z28 for if you dont mind? i will need to sell my highly modified Camaro SS, Trade in for it is a meesly $4k, i feel bad selling it for that low considering the mods alone are worth that and probably more.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:25 AM   #10
texasbill

Drives: 2005 Silverado LS 5.3 V8
Congrats!

Can't wait to place my order.

Dreaming...
texasbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:33 AM   #11
liquidfire350

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladkgb View Post
how much were u able to sell the z28 for if you dont mind? i will need to sell my highly modified Camaro SS, Trade in for it is a meesly $4k, i feel bad selling it for that low considering the mods alone are worth that and probably more.
$9K, didnt actually think i would get that, i figured i get people trying to low ball me so i started a little high. found a guy that said the price sounded fair and didnt even try to haggle.

it was a heads/cam/intake/stalled car with 84K miles on it.
link to the for sale thread, http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/vehicl...p-9-000-a.html
Old 05-02-2009, 02:41 AM   #12
2010SSRSM6
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Couldn't take the talk on here with everyone else already having one, or receiving updates from their dealer so I closed the deal today.

If I would have know that all it took was my wife to get a concussion, I would have helped her out with that sooner!

You try to take a Bull Mastiff to the vet when he doesn't want to go and POW, headbunt to the temple.

So I Take her to lunch and a movie. Afterwards she says "Do you want to go order your Camaro?" It took about half a second to get from the mall to the dealership!

Now, I have to wait until late August or early September to get my new toy..................

I'll live vicarriously through you guys a while longer I guess.