Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:29 AM   #1
Jenns SS

Drives: 2011 SS/RS, BLK on BLK
IRS aligment issues.

I bought my wife a 2011 SS recently. The car is GM Certified and I felt good about the deal. From the day my wife picked up the car the car was hard to drive. The back end would not track straight. The car was unsafe to drive in the rain to the point that she had to park it and call for a lift home. The car was taken to a dealer in my home town who told me that the rear tires were bald and that the R/R toe was over 2 deg out of alignment. When i bought this to the dealer that we bought the car from and they told me that the tires were bald because my WIFE has burned the rubber off the tires. I am currently in the Middle East supporting the Military and this has caused a lot of issues for me and my wife. Is there or has there been any issues with the IRS on the 5th GEN Camaros not staying in alignment.
Jenns SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #2
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC LPO Rallies
Send a message via AIM to hypurone Send a message via MSN to hypurone Send a message via Yahoo to hypurone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenns SS View Post
Is there or has there been any issues with the IRS on the 5th GEN Camaros not staying in alignment.
Not unless something was left loose when the alignment was done last or physically broke. Mine has withstood the pounding of the 560whp/555wtq for 2 years now... I check it every year just to be sure. It sounds like even tho it was "certified" they did not check/do an alignment on it before you bought it.
Old 03-10-2012, 10:40 AM   #3
Jenns SS

Drives: 2011 SS/RS, BLK on BLK
And you are correct. I just wanted to see if there were any issues out there that i needed to know about. There are other issues with the Dealer that are being corrected by the GM Customer Service department. Looking forward to driving the SS, that is if the wife will let me... lol... thanks...
Jenns SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:24 AM   #4
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC LPO Rallies
Send a message via AIM to hypurone Send a message via MSN to hypurone Send a message via Yahoo to hypurone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenns SS View Post
And you are correct. I just wanted to see if there were any issues out there that i needed to know about. There are other issues with the Dealer that are being corrected by the GM Customer Service department. Looking forward to driving the SS, that is if the wife will let me... lol... thanks...
NP. There are no TSB's that I can recall for alignment or even failed suspension parts causing alignment issues. Only for noise in the front.

Good luck with getting time in the car. If she is an enthusiast it may be harder than you think...