Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Nickey Chicago
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:32 PM   #1
maverickmage

Drives: Camaro V6 LS
V6 Brake hotspot and dealership question

Here's the story...

My car's brakes has been making some odd noises and I took it in. But the sound was intermittent and I was just told that they didn't find any problem. 2 weeks ago, I took it in for a oil change and asked them to take a look at it again. They said they would... on the service report, wrote that they performed a 30 point check and found no problems.

I took it home and started getting louder noise. Took it in today and told them about it again. I left it at the dealer. Got a call later on and was told that I had a defective brake and that they replaced it and I no longer had the problem.

When I picked it up and read the service report, it stated:
ROAD TEST VEHICLE FOUND FRONT ROTOR'S HAS HOT SPOT, FRONT
BRAKE PADS HAS GLAZE, CAUSE CONCERN
REFF. BULLETIN-00-05-22-002M RESURFACE BOTH FRONT ROTOR'S
DEGLAZED FRONT BRAKE PADS, ROAD TESTED VEHICLE

First, why tell me that they replaced when in actuality they just resurfaced and deglazed.
Second, I remember reading somewhere that resurfacing doesn't actually fix hotspot problems. I was wondering if I should worry about the problem resurfacing again at a later time and if there's anything I should be concerned about.
maverickmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #2
maverickmage

Drives: Camaro V6 LS
Any thoughts anyone?
maverickmage is offline   Reply With Quote