Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #1
Squiffy

Drives: 2011 RS 2SS CGM S/C
Strange sunroof sound

Every time I close my sunroof, the wind deflector snaps in. It makes a pretty harsh noise. Sounds like I break it every single time. The noise has been there ever sense the dealer showed me my Camaro. The dealer didn't say anything about it when he closed it. I assume its normal. I probably should have asked him about it. Anyone else have this issue?
Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
cb2011rs

Drives: 2011 Camaro Rs V6 Silver
Not normal at all !!!! Mine was doing the same thing and I looked at it and could not see anything out of the ordinary . What I did was grease up the metal rails that hold the deflector up and all is well now . Good luck ....
cb2011rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:06 PM   #3
Squiffy

Drives: 2011 RS 2SS CGM S/C
Thanks for the input. I'll look at it sometime this weekend hopefully and see if that works.
Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:28 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hello Squiffy, sorry to hear you're having issues with your sunroof. Hopefully cb2011's suggestions help you. Let me know how things go if you decide to take care of it yourself. Hopefully it's a quick and painless operation and everything gets back to normal.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:00 AM   #5
LonghornLove
My Grille so Icey

Drives: Black 2SS/RS
Listen to my advise, don't bother going to the dealer. they will put some lube crap on it and make it a temporary fix(maybe 2 weeks it will be back).

When the sunroof is open, with 2 hands on each side of the wind deflector, push str8 back. you don't have to put a lot of strength into.

Close it and no more snap

Man I hated that sound!! lol

L99
LonghornLove is offline   Reply With Quote