Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 03-14-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
dellidog
Dellidog

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs rjt
Service Stabiltrack

This the 3rd time since the beginning of January I've got the message, no tach, and all of the traction lights are on. First time, no codes. 2nd time replaced the anti-lock ecm. Today it happens again, after a half hour on the computer, there's no voltage from the crank sensor. Wiring issue should be an easy fix if they can find an problem with the wires, but what is involved in replacing the crank sensor? They gave me a new crew cab silverado until it's fixed and it sucks gas worse than the Camaro. Any information will be appreciated.

Got the call to pick the car up at 3:00, couldn't find any problem Tech left at 5:00 last night and of course, shut the car off. Came back this morning and everything was fine. Stated with no crank voltage there should be a check engine light and a snapshot stored on the ECM but that hasn't happened. Told me I need to bring it in earlier when it happens, they'll have more time to work on it, like I can control when this happens. So while I'm driving home from the dealership, surprise, shudders and shakes, no tac and all of the traction lights are on again. Turn around to the dealer and the techs have left for the day. Turn the car off to see if everything goes back to normal but it takes starting and shutting off 3 times before gauges go back to normal. Now my dilemma is that when all this started no mods, now with a s/c is GM gonna tell too bad?

Last edited by dellidog; 03-15-2012 at 04:47 PM. Reason: the story continues
dellidog is offline   Reply With Quote