Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hines Performance (HPE)
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Gaming Lounge For all the gamers out there - consoles, PC, etc.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:41 PM   #176
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I'm getting ready to grind a few levels or two to continue on in nightmare. electrocute does diddly squat against most of the zombies in act 1...

I just bought the second tab of the stash, and am going to go make the staff next I think while I level up a couple times just to catch up to people. I was level 31 when I beat diablo for the first time.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #177
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastertypodemon View Post
Diablo 2 didn't require the constant internet connection for single player though right?
No it didn't but it takes time for the game to register that you're no longer playing so it would be possible to die during that time.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:18 PM   #178
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 14 Stingray Z51 NPP MRC, AudiQ53.0T
http://www.geekwire.com/2012/diablo-...%28GeekWire%29
Old 05-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #179
mastertypodemon
Late Night Crew

Drives: 2010 SIM 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
No it didn't but it takes time for the game to register that you're no longer playing so it would be possible to die during that time.
Ok I'm lost. If you're playing single-player Diablo 3 and loose internet connection, the game takes a while to realize you're not online anymore which means you may die (and in hardcore mode, your character gets wiped).

In single-player Diablo 2, no internet connection is required so how would it affect your game? The only things that would stop you in Diablo 2 would be loss of power or game crash. Either way, the game would stop altogether rather than leaving you in the world for a possible death.
mastertypodemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:56 PM   #180
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Diablo 3, though it can be a single player game, is not playable at all without the internet connection.

I'm on the fence as to whether I like this or not. With Hardcore, yes you could lose a character if you lost internet...

That being said, I understand how some companies want to make sure software piracy doesn't happen...and this method sure will do the trick. It's doubtful you will be seeing anyone pirate this game....at least far less than any games that aren't authenticated with the game publisher.

Pros:
Little to no software piracy
Control over item duplication (which was rampant in D1/D2)
Harder to hack game to cheat (a good thing for many people, not so good for the cheaters).

Cons:
No internet connection, no game.
Login Servers down, no game.
IF you did try to hack and got caught, you would lose rights to play the game on that account.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:44 AM   #181
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
Hope the secret level hands out better loot on harder modes. Normal mode,.not one yellow.

I am dissapoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:34 AM   #182
mastertypodemon
Late Night Crew

Drives: 2010 SIM 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
Quote:
To Blizzard’s credit, they’ve moved to acknowledge the latest round of hijackings quickly and highlighted tools that players can use to increase security: the Battle.Net Authenticator and Battle.Net Mobile Authenticator. These tools give additional protections by requiring you to enter an additional one-time code when you login to your Battle.Net account.
As I understand, even accounts with the authenticator are being hacked.
mastertypodemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:40 AM   #183
Xorak

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastertypodemon View Post
As I understand, even accounts with the authenticator are being hacked.
yes, because they're stealing your session from joining a public game. not using your credentials to log in (authenticator).
Xorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #184
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Whimseyshire is trippy. Killing care bears and unicorns appeals to me though. This could become a game in & of itself!

Old 05-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #185
PoorMansCamaro
n00b

Drives: Really Slow
that is definitely a fun level. lol
Old 05-23-2012, 12:32 PM   #186
Falundir

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorak View Post
yes, because they're stealing your session from joining a public game. not using your credentials to log in (authenticator).
You have better odds of winning the powerball without buying a ticket (finding the winning one on the street) than you do having your account hacked. Being in Forensics I passionately hate when I hear "my account was hacked!". No, you got socially engineered...

If your account was compromised then you did something to give them your login. Respond to any odd emails about your account being locked recently?
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #187
Xorak

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post
You have better odds of winning the powerball without buying a ticket (finding the winning one on the street) than you do having your account hacked. Being in Forensics I passionately hate when I hear "my account was hacked!". No, you got socially engineered...

If your account was compromised then you did something to give them your login. Respond to any odd emails about your account being locked recently?
not sure why you quoted me.. i wasn't hacked (or phished, if you prefer).

just stated the current theory on how people are being compromised with this specific game.

however, these "hackers" have to have ways to get Blizzard's email lists. i've used obscure email accounts for Blizzard games and don't give them out or even check them often.. and somehow the spammers always show up. email accounts that i don't have associated with Blizzard games from the same mail service don't get fake Blizzard emails. interesting, isn't it? lol
Xorak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #188
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

I've gotten spam mails about Rift, Tera, WoW, Even Ultima Online. I ignore any e-mail that I'm not expecting from "Blizzard Entertainment."

On a side note, I re-installed windows this morning and think I may have fixed my bsod issues. I'm at 12% of the download of D3 again and will hopefully be able to finish it before I leave so I can play when I get home. I'm almost done with Act I in Nightmare. next level I get my venom hydra. That will make farming diablo or azmodan much quicker.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:15 PM   #189
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post

Actually, there is some validity to the theory that people are hijacking sessions.

Many people that have been hacked were using the authenticator. They also say that they may have been DDoS'ed right after their account was hijacked to keep them from being able to log back in to the Blizzard Server and retake control of their session.
Old 05-23-2012, 01:22 PM   #190
Falundir

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition SS
Quote:
Actually, there is some validity to the theory that people are hijacking sessions.

Many people that have been hacked were using the authenticator. They also say that they may have been DDoS'ed right after their account was hijacked to keep them from being able to log back in to the Blizzard Server and retake control of their session.
There is only one problem with this, there are no client to client sessions. Not to mention the connection token should never be visible to a non client-server relationship.

Basically client 1-4 communicates with server exclusively, server communicates with clients and relays information accordingly. It's not like the diablo of old when the real host was the room creator.
Falundir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:30 PM   #191
matthook

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
oh, well i'll probably never get that far. lol i only plan on beating the game one more time, then not playing again until an expansion comes out.

edit: i did the pony level, which was pretty funny. lol
hardcore isnt about an unlockable thing.. just when you make a character you simply click the "hardcore" selection in the create a character screen. If that character dies, he is dead forever.

Team LFX Thread Link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187109
Team LFX Group: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=306
matthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #192
irocnroll

Drives: '91 RS Vert, '11 Grand Cherokee
Well you need to level a character on Normal mode to level 10 before you can create a Hardcore character.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:38 AM   #193
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Well I got all my alts to level 7 or 8 and are all about ready to kill the skeleton king. I beat the SK on my witchdoctor, which will most likely be my secondary character. I'm thinking barbarians are going to be freaking hard to play on hell/inferno because of the proximity attack issue (you have to be next to your target to attack).
Old 05-24-2012, 11:33 AM   #194
jcamaro
Obsessed Much?

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS M6
Quote:

According to Blizzard, every compromised account investigated thus far has been through traditional means (phising, key loggers, etc). And no accounts were compromised that had authenticators attached beforehand.

As it's been pointed out before, a new game is a prime target for malicious activity and account stealing. And since it's the top game out right now, more people are crying out when their accounts are compromised because so many more people are playing it.

But my wife and I just hit 60 last night and killed Diablo on Hell, so we're starting Inferno. So far, not bad. We make a good combo for kiting and killing as Witch Doctor/Wizard. I currently have 17k damage and 31k health. Working at increasing my resists next as we progress further into inferno.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:58 AM   #195
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

How do you two deal with Mortar elites I'm having a hell of a time with them on my Wizard.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #196
c_LoW29

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, 2010 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamaro View Post
According to Blizzard, every compromised account investigated thus far has been through traditional means (phising, key loggers, etc). And no accounts were compromised that had authenticators attached beforehand.

As it's been pointed out before, a new game is a prime target for malicious activity and account stealing. And since it's the top game out right now, more people are crying out when their accounts are compromised because so many more people are playing it.

But my wife and I just hit 60 last night and killed Diablo on Hell, so we're starting Inferno. So far, not bad. We make a good combo for kiting and killing as Witch Doctor/Wizard. I currently have 17k damage and 31k health. Working at increasing my resists next as we progress further into inferno.
Wanna help me with Nightmare im a lvl 42 Demon hunter with like 1200 DMG and 7000 Life having trouble finishing it. If so add me up lol clow299@gmail.com

DMVC5
c_LoW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #197
jcamaro
Obsessed Much?

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
How do you two deal with Mortar elites I'm having a hell of a time with them on my Wizard.
Run, shoot, run. The only way to take them on is to kite them. If we stand still and take a mortar, we die. It's best to find an open area that you can go in a circular motion around them. My wife uses her poison hydra as a focal point to kite around. It keeps constant damage on them and I can pump out 2-3 shots of splinter darts before having to move again. I use a dagger/mojo combination instead of a 2hander for this reason. Also, double 15% attack speed rings and 12% attack speed gloves. Makes the cast/animation incredibly fast so I can move almost instantly after shooting. If I can keep stationary, it shoots incredibly fast back to back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_LoW29 View Post
Wanna help me with Nightmare im a lvl 42 Demon hunter with like 1200 DMG and 7000 Life having trouble finishing it. If so add me up lol clow299@gmail.com
I can probably help some. I'll add you tonight. I think in Act 4 of Nightmare I was around 15k health, so you might want to look for some more vitality gear on the auction house. Farming for gear is nearly pointless before inferno. You're better off farming for gold to buy what you need of the AH. And being slightly behind the curve means lower level items are going for really cheap.

Edit: And in case anyone wasn't aware, weapon damage makes a huge boost for anyone. So before hell and inferno mode, wizards and witch doctors are best off using the highest damage 2 hand weapons you can find that has intelligence and vitality.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:05 PM   #198
steveo9043

Drives: 2012 45th AE 2SS Coupe
Anyone else work on a MF set and a normal set? At LVL 41 I have 82% MF without using gems in the slots.

I have only found 1 rare so far tho. And there was 46 pages of the same item in the auction house. My spec's were not that great either.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #199
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamaro View Post

I was just reporting what I had been hearing. And, as always...not all information was in from Blizzard with this. Looks like none of the reported cases have had the authenticator, so I'm inclined to agree with you on this.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:28 PM   #200
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

I find rares left and right with 44% mf.

As for the kiting, all have appeared in confined spaces (cellars, caves, drown temple orb places). I guess I just need to reload the game and hope for non mortar elites?

I'm only 37. Venom hydra comes in about 40,000 experience. Clow, you up for getting me to Act 4 nm today? I just finished the drowned temple last night so I think I'm on the third sword piece currently.