Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Grabiak Performance Center
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Audio / Visual / Electronics/ Gauges / Nav

Audio / Visual / Electronics/ Gauges / Nav Audio / Visual / Electronics/ Gauges / Nav

Old 03-15-2012, 05:54 PM   #1
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Selling my HP Tuner VCM Suite

Just like the title says. I sold my Camaro in the fall and held onto the tuner in case the guy that bought the car would end up wanting it. I haven't heard from him since the fall so, I guess that's long enough to wait.

I've only used 2 of the 8 credits so there's 6 more credits linked to the tuner. That's enough for 3 Camaros. I thought about keeping it just to have as a scan tool but, I'll let the dealership worry about my leased Malibu (yes I went from a Camaro to a Malibu... ) I don't have the original packaging but, I've obviously got all the parts: MPVI, USB cord, OBDII interface cable, and install CD. I can even ship the latest and greatest beta software so you don't have to bother their tech support to get it. You'll need the latest and greatest to tune the Camaro. I'll also change the account information to reflect you as the new owner and then send you the login info for the account so you can go in and change the password. I'll do whatever I can to make it easier for whoever buys it.

As for price, I purchased it for $500 brand new from HPTuners. There's nothing to really wear n' tear so the fact that it's used doesn't really hurt it... But, credits cost $50/piece and since I used two, makes sense to drop the price by $100. I'll even drop the price another $25 for my C5 peeps. $375 + shipping and it's yours.

Any questions or comments, feel free to contact me via PM. That would be quicker than posting here but, I'll check back here as well. I can post pics if desired as well.

thanks

Darth
Old 03-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

I'm going to be putting this up on ebay tomorrow. Looking around on ebay at prices for these, the cheapest I could find was $500 (I did see $350 but that was just for the scanner and not the tuner). $375 is a pretty good deal for the tuner. I'll even throw in free shipping for my C5 peeps.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
MANNYS2SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS,LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Martel View Post
I'm going to be putting this up on ebay tomorrow. Looking around on ebay at prices for these, the cheapest I could find was $500 (I did see $350 but that was just for the scanner and not the tuner). $375 is a pretty good deal for the tuner. I'll even throw in free shipping for my C5 peeps.
I send you a pm yesterday. Is it the HP Pro?

LS-3, ProCharger D1SC
665. rwhp /562. rwtq @ 9.3 psi
MANNYS2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #4
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

I apologize, as I thought I wrote that tidbit of info in my post but, oops, left it out. It's the Standard version and not the Pro. For those who don't know the difference, here's the info from the website:

What does the MPVI Pro interface allow me to do over the Standard Version?
With our Pro interface, you can integrate 0-5v signals from various sensors such as EGT, Wide Band, fuel pressure and others right into our scanner. You will have real time data from those sensors right next to your standard scan tool data such as TPS, RPM, MPH, etc.

Our MPVI Pro interface also has black box data datalogging for select vehicles of up to 1hr 30mins built in. What this means is you are able to scan your vehicle without the use of a laptop using the interfaces record button. You can then take the interface into your home to transfer the log contents from the interface to the computer. If you have an MPVI Pro it will require no hardware modification. Also note that VCM Scanner comes with both interfaces regardless as it is part of our VCM Suite package.

That extra information is helpful while tuning but, it is not essential.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #5
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC LPO Rallies
Send a message via AIM to hypurone Send a message via MSN to hypurone Send a message via Yahoo to hypurone
'splain to me some about the licenses. Mine is already tuned by a shop using HPT and obviously I have a license assigned to my car. Supposedly I can take the car anywhere and have additional tune work done on it if they use HPT.

If I buy this from you is there going to be confusion with the licenses when I use it? The tuner is not local so getting there is a PITA and it might be time I delve into this on my own in case something goes south....
Old 03-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #6
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

When you first hook up the tuner, you can simply use it as a scan tool without having to use a license. You can do that with any GM vehicle that is supported. To actually "tune" the car using the tuner, you have to use credits (in the Camaro's case, 2). Using the credits simply means that you are giving the tuner permission to tune that car. It really only matters to the tuner unless the VCM is locked, at which point only THAT tuner can tune THAT car. That is not the case with your vehicle since you said the guy who tuned it for you said you could take it anywhere. That means he didn't lock out the VCM. You can use this tuner I'm selling to tune your vehicle. There will be no confusion between this tuner and your vehicle. What's even better is that you can download the tune that guy did for you and modify it. You don't have to start at a base/factory tune and figure out what to change. There is a handy feature with this tuner that allows you to compare 2 tunes. So, you can compare the tune that guy did for you against a stock tune and see what he changed.

I should also point out that not only can you change engine parameters but, you can change transmission parameters as well. More aggressive shift points. Yum
Old 03-18-2012, 10:09 AM   #7
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS A6 SC LPO Rallies
Send a message via AIM to hypurone Send a message via MSN to hypurone Send a message via Yahoo to hypurone
I'll take it. PM to discuss payment options etc...
Old 03-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #8
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

I just received payment so, the tuner is sold.

Thanks for interest guys. Congratulations to the new owner.