Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Cold Air Inductions
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > V6 Bolt-Ons & Tunes

V6 Bolt-Ons & Tunes Intake, exhaust, tunes, other bolt-ons for V6 Camaros.

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 03-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
GOINGSOLO2

Drives: All Models
Solo Performance Mach X-LFX V6 Camaro Convertible Cat-Back Exhaust

All of us at Solo Performance are proud to announce our MACH X-LFX free flow stainless steel Cat-Back exhaust kit for the 2012 V6 Camaro Convertible. This exhaust kit has been meticulously designed to maneuver around the extra braces that the Convertible V6 Camaro has on its undercarriage. This is a completely bolt-on kit, and there are no special tools or welding required for the install. All necessary hardware is included. What the Mach X-LFX kit offers is a raw, deep, mean American Muscle sound on the outside of the car, while being non-invasive on the inside of the car. Even with this car being a convertible, the special Solo designed Mach-X muffler that we use coupled with our J-Pipe technology (eliminates unwanted frequencies inside the cabin) combines for a staggering difference in the exhaust note from the interior to the exterior. With all the bracing associated with this car, we had to incorporate our Solo angled resonators at the rear of the car. This is a special Solo design, and we don’t know of any other company with a similar product. The magic of the Solo Performance Mach X-LFX exhaust kit will allow you to have a normal conversation inside your car, while turning heads on the outside. We call the Mach X-LFX a “sound on demand” exhaust kit. It stays calm until you hit the gas and, depending on how you accelerate, you can play your car like a finely tuned instrument. Once you’re up to cruising speed, for those long highway trips, your convertible will be “almost” stock quiet until you pull out to pass someone. This kit is designed for all V6 Camaro Convertibles. We have been working on this one for quite some time and had to design and manufacture specific “new” products (2 ¼” Mach-X muffler and the Solo angled resonators) to accommodate the design constraints of the car and the very unhealthy natural engine harmonic. The process to bring this kit to market was quite involved. We’re so proud of the final outcome and hope you enjoy it too. Thanks so much to Howie and Ron for the use of their cars during the R&D phase.

Mach X-LFX Exhaust Details:
  • T409 Mandrel Bent 2.25” Free Flow Piping
  • 4.5" T304 Polished Stainless Steel Round, Beveled Tips
  • T304 Stainless Steel (inside and out) Mach X Muffler
  • Tuned J Pipes to eliminate drone!!
  • Solo’s angled resonators used to calm the noise
  • All braces are easily cleared
  • Deep, rich, no drone exhaust note
  • Fits all V6 convertible Camaro's
  • 100% Bolt-On!!

Price:

$899.99 including shipping to most of the USA and Canada. (before group buy discount)

To order, please contact:

Steve Mariano
Solo Performance Sales and Customer Service
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)
http://www.solo-performance.com

Video:

Pictures:

Install Instructions (attached below):
Attached Files
File Type: doc Camaro V6 CONVERTIBLE MACH-X-LFX W J'S Instructions.doc (334.5 KB, 64 views)

Last edited by GOINGSOLO2; 01-27-2013 at 09:18 AM. Reason: group buy ended
GOINGSOLO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:38 PM   #2
GOINGSOLO2

Group Buy List:

1. sstg- PAID
2. rednblack-PAID
3. A. Lim- PAID
4. Ben H.- PAID
5. Tim P.- PAID
6. Clifford Y.- PAID
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

Last edited by GOINGSOLO2; 06-07-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:30 PM   #3
i007spectre

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS BB
Maybe if it was for a Mach X-LLT for a 2010.
Old 03-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #4
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:
Originally Posted by i007spectre View Post
Maybe if it was for a Mach X-LLT for a 2010.
The Mach X-LLT does not fit the convertible unfortunately, hence us having the make a completely new kit for the convertible. The Mach X-LLT has been out for a while. We run the group buys for the release of new products, such as this one. Thanks for the support and have a great day!
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 03-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #5
Herc
Greg

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS AG Camaro
Is there a v6 LFX Coupe exhaust kit as well?
Herc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:35 PM   #6
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herc View Post
Is there a v6 LFX Coupe exhaust kit as well?
As far as we know, this kit should fit the 2012 coupe as well. We have not tested it, but we do not think there are any differences. The Mach X-LLT kit that we have fits the earlier non-convertible V6. Check out our website and click on performance kits. Then, choose Camaro, and click on the Mach X-LLT V6 kit. Our website is http://www.solo-performance.com

Steve
goingsolo2@hotmail.com

Last edited by GOINGSOLO2; 03-18-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #7
zandron263

Drives: 2011 2LT RS IOM Convertible
Steve I can't thank you and Jeff and all of the people at Solo that I worked with as one of your testers. You guys are true professionals I absolutely love this system. If anyone wants to upgrade the sound and looks of their V6 Camaro Solo is absolutely the way to go.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #8
LessSinister

Drives: 2011 - 2LT/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOINGSOLO2 View Post
Thanks so much to Howie and Ron for the use of their cars during the R&D phase.
Hey the pleasure was all mine. I had the joy of working with Ray and Jeff at the Mississauga, ON., outlet and let me tell you, they know their stuff. The sound bites in the video really do not do this product justice. In my humble opinion they sound much more better in person.

I've had mine on for well over 5 months and many kilometers of both city and highway driving and there is no drone whatsoever. It got to a point where I got back from a week away (traveling for work) that I got withdrawals from not driving, make that, not hearing that deep rich beautiful sound.

A couple of things I will add is that during a cold start in the winter time (using the remote starter) the house windows would rattle for about a minute before the engine rpms dropped to normal operating levels. Of course the car is reversed into the driveway. The other aspect is that the wife says it's too loud for her (normal driving) and that she doesn't want to drive my car anymore. Hmmm, now that I think about it - that's not necessarily a bad thing after all. Although that's never stopped her from joining me in the passenger seat whenever we go out in my car. My point is - the louder sound is not for her and frankly, I agree. It's my car and I want it to sound the way a muscle car should sound like. An added bonus is the weight reduction and cleaner look from behind. Gone are those two ungainly "fart" cans the GM calls mufflers.

As I put out there in another post - if anyone in the Greater-Toronto-Area (GTA) wants to see or hear the system in person just shoot me a PM.

Howie

P.S. Thanks Jeff and Ray for my perma-grin.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #9
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zandron263 View Post
Steve I can't thank you and Jeff and all of the people at Solo that I worked with as one of your testers. You guys are true professionals I absolutely love this system. If anyone wants to upgrade the sound and looks of their V6 Camaro Solo is absolutely the way to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LessSinister View Post
Hey the pleasure was all mine. I had the joy of working with Ray and Jeff at the Mississauga, ON., outlet and let me tell you, they know their stuff. The sound bites in the video really do not do this product justice. In my humble opinion they sound much more better in person.

I've had mine on for well over 5 months and many kilometers of both city and highway driving and there is no drone whatsoever. It got to a point where I got back from a week away (traveling for work) that I got withdrawals from not driving, make that, not hearing that deep rich beautiful sound.

A couple of things I will add is that during a cold start in the winter time (using the remote starter) the house windows would rattle for about a minute before the engine rpms dropped to normal operating levels. Of course the car is reversed into the driveway. The other aspect is that the wife says it's too loud for her (normal driving) and that she doesn't want to drive my car anymore. Hmmm, now that I think about it - that's not necessarily a bad thing after all. Although that's never stopped her from joining me in the passenger seat whenever we go out in my car. My point is - the louder sound is not for her and frankly, I agree. It's my car and I want it to sound the way a muscle car should sound like. An added bonus is the weight reduction and cleaner look from behind. Gone are those two ungainly "fart" cans the GM calls mufflers.

As I put out there in another post - if anyone in the Greater-Toronto-Area (GTA) wants to see or hear the system in person just shoot me a PM.

Howie

P.S. Thanks Jeff and Ray for my perma-grin.
Hey Guys,
Again, we really appreciate all of your help and feedback! We could not have done it without you!!! We are so happy to hear that you both are loving your kits. We hope that you get many, many more years of enjoyment out of it. Welcome to the SOLO family and let us know if you need anything

Steve
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 03-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #10
GOINGSOLO2

This group buy will go on until the end of April, and we will ship kits out immediately upon order. Please call 516-655-9002 to get this great kit for your V6 convertible Camaro now!!
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 03-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #11
AKA-22

Drives: Ellie-1
Camaro v-6 family i have listen to almost every kind of exhaust out there and solo is the best..im going to put my name on the list at the end of April..
AKA-22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:05 PM   #12
GOINGSOLO2

We have these in stock and ready to ship...get in on the group buy now...call me direct, 7 days a week, until midnight EST at 516-655-9002.
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 03-29-2012, 07:22 AM   #13
GOINGSOLO2

Morning BUMP for a fantastic sounding, no drone, 100% bolt-on exhaust kit for your V6 Camaro convertible!! Get in on the group buy pricing now!!!
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 03-29-2012, 10:32 AM   #14
GOINGSOLO2

Solo Product Info on the V6 Vert:
We had to make / incorporate 55 degree angled resonators at the back of the Solo MACH-X-LFX exhaust kit. The bracing under the V6 made it impossible to use the standard straight resonators. The V6 Vert has such a distinctly nasty natural engine harmonic (easily heard with stock exhaust kit in the video) that it absolutely needed resonators. These Solo design free flow stainless steel packed with ceramic fiber and stainless steel wood resonators that are built on this specific angle was the only way to fine tune the exhaust note to the wonderful level that we have achieved. We believe that Solo Performance is the only exhaust company out there that has these angled resonators used and build specifically for this kind of application. "When the standard product doesn't work or fit...manufacture something that does!" Solo Performance - "The Place to Go For People Who Know."
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 04-01-2012, 09:05 AM   #15
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Love my Solo ! Almost 1 year ago on a trip to Buffalo I got their system installed (No resonators) on my Vert. I have a permagrin every time I take the car out. Been compared to many other system, but this is still the best ! The service and quality second to none !
Next trip to Buffalo coming up soon....Maybe some Hi flow cats !
Old 04-04-2012, 07:31 AM   #16
GOINGSOLO2

Morning BUMP
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 04-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #17
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
Is this group buy only for '12 LFX verts? I have a '12 coupe I would imagine the fit to be the same.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #18
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrak View Post
Is this group buy only for '12 LFX verts? I have a '12 coupe I would imagine the fit to be the same.
This kit fits the convertible only. The convertible has some cross bracing that required a tweak in design. Also, the convertible has different engine harmonics, so we had to use our angled resonators in the rear, along with the J pipes to eliminate drone.

For the coupe, we have our Mach X-LLT exhaust, which is $895 shipped. That exhaust has been out for a while and has gotten excellent reviews.
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 04-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #19
Abstrak

Drives: 2012 AGM Camaro LS / Team LFX
Ok thanks for the feedback do you have any sound clips of the LLT on an LFX Coupe. I havent been able to find any on youtube or google. Would like to hear these to help my decision.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:40 PM   #20
GOINGSOLO2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abstrak View Post
Ok thanks for the feedback do you have any sound clips of the LLT on an LFX Coupe. I havent been able to find any on youtube or google. Would like to hear these to help my decision.
You can hear sound clips of there Mach X-LLT here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98939

Thanks
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 04-06-2012, 08:02 PM   #21
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Put me down!
Old 04-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #22
GOINGSOLO2

You're in...thanks and welcome to the SOLO family
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 04-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #23
GOINGSOLO2

We have not done and before and after dyno. In the past, when we seen graphs posted or posted ourselves, it has turned into a debate about this dyno compared to that dyno, etc. We reallt want to stay away from debates. The exhaust flows a lot better than stock and sounds fantastic. The butt dyno has shown the same...definitely more power there, and the throttle response in improved as well. I hope this helps.
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 04-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #24
GOINGSOLO2

Feel free to call me with questions or to place an order for the group buy at 516-655-9002! I take calls 7 days a week, until midnight EST!!

Steve
goingsolo2@hotmail.com
Old 04-23-2012, 04:49 PM   #25
GOINGSOLO2

Another added to list...call now to get in on the group buy pricing!

Steve
516-655-9002
goingsolo2@hotmail.com