Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 03-19-2012, 10:40 AM   #1
Thyshallsmite

Drives: 2011 Grand sport c6 corvette
CAI intake with adm scoop and roto-fab WW relocater installed

Oy, that was a rather stressful install lol. The intake itself was like i dunno 5minutes to put on, the scoop and relocation kit was a nightmare though lol. Granted i'm not really all that much of a car guy, but still oy lol. Though ADM scoop install never said anything about having to cut off a welded on bolt, thank god i had my multi tool lol. Also getting the lid on the cai intake was a huge pain thanks to the roto-fab WW relocator, had the adapter, but still had to use a mallet to get it into place. And damn getting that relocator into the stupid hole lol. I dunno maybe its just me, but wasn't a quick/easy install at all lol, then again i was able to eventually get it all on, so maybe it was lol. Oh and switched to a strong MAF too.

Over all car is definitely a lot stronger and love that whoosh sound you get when the hood is open

Was going to install catch can too, but got sent the short bracket rather than long, soo gonna have to wait on that on. After thats installed going to go ahead and switch out brake pads to hawk ceramics (after i get a breaker bar, cause they did not hand tighten these bolts lol). Think after that i'll put on some trailing arms and sway bars and toe links. Wish i could do some more HP mods though without voiding the warranty :( would love to get some LT headers and tune it.
Thyshallsmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #2
BowlingSS
Camaro Owner Since 1987

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT
You did not have to remove that nut on the ADM scoop install. I almost started to myself.

Bill
VMax Ported RJT Throttle Body
XSPower Headers and XSPower 3" Exhaust System
Elite Engineering Tunnel Brace,
Gorilla Wheel Lock System;
Tinted Windows 35%;EFILive Tune
BowlingSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:06 AM   #3
IndeedSS1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS LS3
I know it's too late but...DON'T CUT ANY BOLTS/NUTS

She is only memory now.
IndeedSS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS CAI Inc. CAI, Cam, Tune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyshallsmite View Post

Oy, that was a rather stressful install lol. The intake itself was like i dunno 5minutes to put on, the scoop and relocation kit was a nightmare though lol.
Over all car is definitely a lot stronger and love that whoosh sound you get when the hood is open
Thank you for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.! Glad to hear that our product was the easiest to install for you, as it should be!
Old 03-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #5
Thyshallsmite

Drives: 2011 Grand sport c6 corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlingSS View Post
You did not have to remove that nut on the ADM scoop install. I almost started to myself.

Bill
Pic the provide shows it flush against the horn bracket though and side hole doesn't line up without it being flush ><. Oy, oh well whats done is done. Sat there for like half an hour looking at the pic looking at the bolt, looking at the holes, called over roommate had him look at em too we were both like... well guess you have to cut off the bolt??
Thyshallsmite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #6
chevyfan#1
I Love my new Camaro!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyshallsmite View Post

Oy, that was a rather stressful install lol. The intake itself was like i dunno 5minutes to put on, the scoop and relocation kit was a nightmare though lol. Granted i'm not really all that much of a car guy, but still oy lol. Though ADM scoop install never said anything about having to cut off a welded on bolt, thank god i had my multi tool lol. Also getting the lid on the cai intake was a huge pain thanks to the roto-fab WW relocator, had the adapter, but still had to use a mallet to get it into place. And damn getting that relocator into the stupid hole lol. I dunno maybe its just me, but wasn't a quick/easy install at all lol, then again i was able to eventually get it all on, so maybe it was lol. Oh and switched to a strong MAF too.

Was going to install catch can too, but got sent the short bracket rather than long, soo gonna have to wait on that on. After thats installed going to go ahead and switch out brake pads to hawk ceramics (after i get a breaker bar, cause they did not hand tighten these bolts lol). Think after that i'll put on some trailing arms and sway bars and toe links. Wish i could do some more HP mods though without voiding the warranty :( would love to get some LT headers and tune it.
Good choice on the CAI, i have a cold air inductions system as well and still love it, getting one for my chevy truck soon from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndeedSS1 View Post
I know it's too late but...DON'T CUT ANY BOLTS/NUTS
chevyfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #7
clg_98ta

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I just put a washer on the bolt to keep the scoop from partially slipping over the (welded on) nut... the hole in the scoop is almost as big as the nut. I remember thinking about drilling the hole (in the scoop) out so that it would completely slide over the nut, but I tried the washer first and that seemed to work well.

BTW, I'm getting a dyno next weekend (Mar 31) to see the actual gains from the CAI with scoop.

clg_98ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:30 PM   #8
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg_98ta View Post
I just put a washer on the bolt to keep the scoop from partially slipping over the (welded on) nut... the hole in the scoop is almost as big as the nut. I remember thinking about drilling the hole (in the scoop) out so that it would completely slide over the nut, but I tried the washer first and that seemed to work well.

BTW, I'm getting a dyno next weekend (Mar 31) to see the actual gains from the CAI with scoop.
Make sure to post your results after the Dyno test! Thanks again for choosing CAI Inc.!
Old 03-22-2012, 12:06 AM   #9
pistolgripcopo1
pistolgripcopo1

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Carbon fiber gray
CAI. Inc. develop your own vareation of the scoop, sence it works so well. But not so you have to cut the inner pannel. I think you can come up with a better design. just keep it simpel.
pistolgripcopo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:27 AM   #10
Sales @ CAI Inc

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolgripcopo1 View Post
CAI. Inc. develop your own vareation of the scoop, sence it works so well. But not so you have to cut the inner pannel. I think you can come up with a better design. just keep it simpel.
As far as the ability to create a scoop and the demand being there for it if we were to design one, I don't see an issue with either of those items. The problem lies in having time to design, develop, test, and put all the items in place to manufacture it with the demands being met for our ISO certification requirements. Right now we are wrapping up a GM truck/SUV system for years 07-08, right after that are doing the 09-11 GM trucks/SUV's, then a Diesel Line. As soon as that is done we have 2 other vehicle lines we want released by end of summer including the new Camaro ZL1. The simple fact is, we need to pour our time and energy into expanding our product line before we branch into accessories. Hope that explains a little better why a scoop is not top at the top of our list right now.

Last edited by Sales @ CAI Inc; 10-04-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote