Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 03-21-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
zkengo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS M6
Doug Thorley muffler delete install tip

I just had the Doug Thorley kit installed on my car. I was going to do it myself but my sawzall doesn`t like me anymore. It`s a good thing I had someone else do it. Although the fit and finish are very good the 1 thing they didn`t do properly was open the flare on the end of the delete pipe enough to fit over the factory pipe. You will definitely need to have the flare expanded. Another thing, if your not going to fully weld the pipes and just use the included clamps. Put a couple tac welds at the joint to stop the pipes
from possibly twisting apart. We tightened the clamps to the point were we thought the clamps were going to crush the pipe. We shook the crap out of the pipes to see if it was secure and it seemed like we were tightening the clamps none stop to get them tight. SOUNDS BAD__SS

Last edited by zkengo; 03-30-2012 at 06:24 AM.
zkengo is offline   Reply With Quote