Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
VAbdul

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
AUX port doesn't work + Dealer refuses to do any electronic work

I have a 1SS, no connectivity package. And my AUX cable doesn't work (since I bought the car) so I took it to the dealer and asked if it was easier to fix it or buy a PDIM module (USB/ipod interface). He told me that it will cost $80 to just LOOK at what's wrong with it (no guarantee fixing anything) and that if I wanted the PDIM module, I'd have to order it through them and wait for the company supplying the GM parts to come and install it because they don't do any electronic work "anymore" - Total is something around $300

I asked if I can bring in the PDIM module myself and ask them to install it but they refused to do that as well, and frankly, I'm tried of making so many CDs, I listen to music almost 24/7.

Any suggestions? What about fixing the AUX port? (I know it's physical damage)

Last edited by VAbdul; 03-23-2012 at 08:00 PM.
VAbdul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
call gm and complain. why won't your dealer uphold your warranty?
Old 03-26-2012, 06:27 AM   #3
LIV4VETTES

Drives: 69 Camaro RS convertible
radio

good luck with that ...gm still hasnt done right by my radio...
LIV4VETTES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:03 AM   #4
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
Another dealership
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:01 AM   #5
dianeokie
Going places

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAbdul View Post
I have a 1SS, no connectivity package. And my AUX cable doesn't work (since I bought the car) so I took it to the dealer and asked if it was easier to fix it or buy a PDIM module (USB/ipod interface). He told me that it will cost $80 to just LOOK at what's wrong with it (no guarantee fixing anything) and that if I wanted the PDIM module, I'd have to order it through them and wait for the company supplying the GM parts to come and install it because they don't do any electronic work "anymore" - Total is something around $300

I asked if I can bring in the PDIM module myself and ask them to install it but they refused to do that as well, and frankly, I'm tried of making so many CDs, I listen to music almost 24/7.

Any suggestions? What about fixing the AUX port? (I know it's physical damage)
Do you still have warranty left? I'm pretty sure there's a TSB for something with AUX port, because I was having problems with my iPod just playing static after a certain amount of time. Took it in to the dealership, they fixed it. I also had problems with the A/C that took 3 times back with repair work to be resolved.........frustrating, but they gave me a free synthetic oil change for my inconvenience.........

"just stay with traffic, you'll be fine". = famous last words
dianeokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:50 PM   #6
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkdreads View Post
Another dealership

Try another dealer.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:58 PM   #7
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
Man, I don't know what I'd do without the Aux port. I load the music I want on memory sticks. Too many commercials on regular radio and satellite radio is the same songs all the time.

Every once in a while, when I start the engine the song that is playing from the memory stick is all "static-ee". I change songs and it goes away.

If there is a TSB, my dealer wasn't honest. I asked. It doesn't happen enough to duplicate the problem at the dealer.
SSBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #8
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Have you guys tried pulling the fuse waiting a couple of minutes and re-installing the fuse?

Just something to try you never know..
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote