Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ModBargains
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls Report, discuss and diagnose any issues and problems with your Camaro, including warranty discussions.

Old 09-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #51
Sangiovese

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS
So my torque converter has been replaced and my car is running great now, except....Got it home after service and heard a rattle in the muffler area that wasn't there before. Just brought the car back in and turns out there is an issue with the baffles in the muffler. This is another known issue in which there apparently is a GM service bulletin. So now I have new mufflers on order. At this rate my car will have all new parts soon
Sangiovese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #52
BNB
Rollin' The Lunchbox

Drives: 2012 Camaro Ashen Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangiovese View Post
So my torque converter has been replaced and my car is running great now, except....Got it home after service and heard a rattle in the muffler area that wasn't there before. Just brought the car back in and turns out there is an issue with the baffles in the muffler. This is another known issue in which there apparently is a GM service bulletin. So now I have new mufflers on order. At this rate my car will have all new parts soon
Easy fix, get an axel back exhaust! No need for boring stock mufflers! :p

Sent from the front seat of the Amberlamps!
BNB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #53
BNB
Rollin' The Lunchbox

Old 09-06-2012, 05:18 PM   #54
simmons51

Drives: 2012 camaro 2LT Transformer edition
I just started having this shuddering problem last week at 5100 miles . I waited a week before I made an appointment with the dealer ( bringing it in tomorrow ) so I could give them lots of detailed info . Issue happens while driving between 35-50mph in the 1200-2000 rpm range . It happens a few different ways . One way is you start to accelerate and then you don;t give it much gas and then you accelerate and it shudders ( vibrates ) . Happens alot going up inclines , between 1200-2000 rpm . Another incident happenend the other day on the highway , was in middle lane and had to slow down because of a car in front of me while I was looking to change lanes , so rpms went into that range again and when I was able to change lanes and accelerated the car shook for about 5-6 seconds then the car kicked in and took off , It seems that when the transmission wants to either go into a lower or higher gear and you give it gas it shakes/shudders ( you can actually feel it in the steering wheel) . when I made the appoinment the other day I briefly described the problem and that I have the Technical service bulletin from GM that was given on this thread ( this is such a valuable website for us owners ) and the delaer said to bring it in . From reading other posts I hope I don;t get a run around - but I know the sales manager who ordered the car for me back in Oct 2011 . I will keep you all posted on what happens .
simmons51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:21 AM   #55
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
I have a 2012 V6 auto. To me it seems to accelerate normally. However, when I first start the car up and begin driving, I feel like there's a small tick or click from the gas pedal. The sound is very faint. It only happens within a minute of driving (I think up to 20mph) when the car is cold. I tried bringing it to a dealership and ofcourse they could not replicate what I was experiencing. Is this normal for the 2012 V6 transmission?
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #56
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmons51 View Post
I just started having this shuddering problem last week at 5100 miles . I waited a week before I made an appointment with the dealer ( bringing it in tomorrow ) so I could give them lots of detailed info . Issue happens while driving between 35-50mph in the 1200-2000 rpm range . It happens a few different ways . One way is you start to accelerate and then you don;t give it much gas and then you accelerate and it shudders ( vibrates ) . Happens alot going up inclines , between 1200-2000 rpm . Another incident happenend the other day on the highway , was in middle lane and had to slow down because of a car in front of me while I was looking to change lanes , so rpms went into that range again and when I was able to change lanes and accelerated the car shook for about 5-6 seconds then the car kicked in and took off , It seems that when the transmission wants to either go into a lower or higher gear and you give it gas it shakes/shudders ( you can actually feel it in the steering wheel) . when I made the appoinment the other day I briefly described the problem and that I have the Technical service bulletin from GM that was given on this thread ( this is such a valuable website for us owners ) and the delaer said to bring it in . From reading other posts I hope I don;t get a run around - but I know the sales manager who ordered the car for me back in Oct 2011 . I will keep you all posted on what happens .
Please let us know how your service appointment goes! We are here if you have any questions or concerns!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:37 PM   #57
OregonToFlorida

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT v6 RS Auto Victory
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslk350 View Post
I have a 2012 V6 auto. To me it seems to accelerate normally. However, when I first start the car up and begin driving, I feel like there's a small tick or click from the gas pedal. The sound is very faint. It only happens within a minute of driving (I think up to 20mph) when the car is cold. I tried bringing it to a dealership and ofcourse they could not replicate what I was experiencing. Is this normal for the 2012 V6 transmission?
I have the same car as you...same noise same problem... Did you find out anything
OregonToFlorida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:25 PM   #58
jameslk55

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonToFlorida View Post
I have the same car as you...same noise same problem... Did you find out anything
Not yet. I'll ask the dealership to look at it again during my next service visit. Other than that the car seems to drive and shift normally, no check engine lights or anything yet (knock on wood). It's just a little unsettling to hear and feel this weird click noise.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:39 PM   #59
surf0766

Drives: 2012 camero
I had my torque converter replaced approx 2 months ago. The shutter is back but at a lower rpm. First it was at 40 mph and 18-1900 rpm and now it is 40 mpg and 1200 rmp all the way up to 18 rpm. Had it in the shop today. They could not replicate it. I can do it on demand. I want a new car now ! I have had problems with both my 2004 monte carlo and my 2003 trail blazer LT. The new converter does not fix the problem. It hides it and hopes you drive the car as fast as you can. What a joke. I am disgusted. After being a customer of GM since birth, neither I nor anyone I know will never buy this junk again.
surf0766 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:21 PM   #60
surf0766

recall hahahhaah not before the election. Government Motors can't have any bad press before then
Old 10-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #61
Nicki9898

Drives: 2012 1LT Camaro
Torque converter issues

I have a 2012 camaro and (aside from the other problems I have had with it) had to have my torque converter replaced with 7,000 miles on it. I got it back and within a week it started driving awkwardly again. I recently took it in to the dealer and took the technician for a ride. He said it felt and sounded like the torque converter and he didnít know if that was normal or not. The technician looked at it and called GM to see what was going on with it. He said there is nothing they can do, that it is a "design characteristic of the car". A design characteristic that my car wasnít doing for the first 7 months of owning it that just started happening AFTER the torque converter was replaced. It is OK that my car doesnít shift at the right times, it is OK that my car shakes when trying to shift, it is OK that my car makes grinding sounds when going around sharp bends, it is OK that my car sounded like the engine was falling out when I started it, it is OK that my car clunks when it is put in reverse sometimes. That is a design characteristic of a brand new 2012 car that cost over $30,000. Really?!?!? Come on GM.
Nicki9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #62
Crazyhorse6901
Turbine Maker

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT-RS "LFX"V6
Question Sounds like this needs to fall under a recall....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Please let us know how everything goes once serviced! We are here for any feedback that you may have.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service

Sounds like this needs to fall under a recall????So tell me does anyone know the percentage for the total defects that had to be fixed for this problem???
Crazyhorse6901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #63
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
Ok I have a 45th v6 for a year now. At 2000 miles they had to do a torque converter change because of hesitation as stated in first threed on here. Mine is automatic btw. Got it back. About 4 months it starts to do it worse .bring it back. Tell me now gm has said to take it all apart clean flush replace filters then new throttle body. 10 days later I get it back with complaint to gm. They made it right but with that said. I can not believe that with a known problem gm and the dealers don't know to diagnose it right away. Thank you gm for what you did for me and my dealer is awesome Dimmitt Chevy in Clearwater Florida. Those guys are top notch. But like I said for a brand new car gm should have said something to its owners. Wife has a Honda and any issue even if not having it they send a letter so owners are aware. Might be something gm could start doing since not a unusual problem from reading this thread. Thanks gm and thanks Steve and david at Dimmitt for being great reps and for standing by me and my camaro. Hats off to a great crew. And no I don't work there lol I'm a u.p.s. driver.
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #64
Blues45th

As for the cold start noise. Also having my car for a year and buying in October and being in Florida I didn't have this occur until temp. Outside was under 68 degrees and Florida that doesn't occur till later. Well I get out to then my new car start it and within first 2 minutes of start and you don't have to be moving it starts this knocking that sounds like from rear passenger side slow then fast faster faster then fades out. On,y on start only on cold start and only for first 2 to 3 minutes of starting car from sitting over night. I leave car. Can replicate. Then I get it to do it one day with tech in my car for another issue. Oh sorry that tech was for your other issue. Lol. Year later starting to cool off and again starting to knock. Either fuel pump or exhaust resonator not sure what but I'm sure gm does so can you gm reps that keep us calm and help us please give me the bulitine number so I can get this fixed please.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:53 PM   #65
surf0766

Government motors does not recall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyhorse6901 View Post
Sounds like this needs to fall under a recall????So tell me does anyone know the percentage for the total defects that had to be fixed for this problem???

Are you kidding? They will not issue a recall for this. It seems like they are doing everything they can to sweep it under the rug. I am taking mine back again for the third time.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:28 PM   #66
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Is it one click or a minute's worth of clicks?
Are you certain it's not the valve tapping issue?
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:03 AM   #67
jameslk55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Rophone View Post
Is it one click or a minute's worth of clicks?
Are you certain it's not the valve tapping issue?
Just one click.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:49 AM   #68
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Just one click.
I've got the V6 transmission; I'll listen carefully for it.
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:59 PM   #69
karenbgarner

Drives: 2012 LT2 Camaro Coupe RS
I just had a torque converter replaced with an "upgraded part"...a 2012 Camaro LT2 V6 with just under 7000 miles on it....8 months old. The dealer indicated this was a problem that was popping up from the manufacturer using a bad part....the repair bill says that the transmission had to be flushed because bits and pieces of metal were in it!! It runs fine now...let's see if it keeps it up. I hate it, because it is a hassle to get it to the shop, and I love the car otherwise.
karenbgarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #70
surf0766

Karen thanks for the info. We are 3000 miles into the second torque converter and the shutter is back. Dealer said they cannot replicate.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #71
jameslk55

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenbgarner View Post
I just had a torque converter replaced with an "upgraded part"...a 2012 Camaro LT2 V6 with just under 7000 miles on it....8 months old. The dealer indicated this was a problem that was popping up from the manufacturer using a bad part....the repair bill says that the transmission had to be flushed because bits and pieces of metal were in it!! It runs fine now...let's see if it keeps it up. I hate it, because it is a hassle to get it to the shop, and I love the car otherwise.
How did you know your torque converter needed to be replaced? What were the symptoms? Any CEL?
Old 10-26-2012, 07:22 PM   #72
BNB
Rollin' The Lunchbox

Shutter like feeling...like you are driving over rumble strips....the trans shifts through the gears very poorly
Old 10-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #73
Angrybird 12
Retired, Cancer Survivor

Drives: 12 CAMARO 1LT, 08 Vue, 14 Spark
I now have 6,500 miles on mine and have not experienced any problems. I was just wondering those having transmission issues what is your Vin number or build date.

Previous Camaros: 1974, 1979 and 2010.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:43 AM   #74
Wooden Heart

Drives: 2012 Camaro LT
I'm just under 9,500 on my 2012 v6 non-RS. I purchased mine in late November of 2011 with no issues yet...(knock on wood).
Old 10-27-2012, 08:28 AM   #75
Blues45th

Mine has 8000 bought it in 2011 it's a 45th v6. Had it twice first to e was so early in bulitine they just replaced it. Second time 3 months later they went in and now gm has better one and had them flush whole system with broken shards of metal and with that its been 2 months and so far no issues.