Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 04-05-2012, 06:13 PM   #749
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
I really think they should have the black hood delete option.
I second that. The black hood delete option and an option to delete the suede parts. I don't think I can live with the suede. I also think an option for non-black ZL1 wheels. I personally love the black wheels and that's what I would go with, but I know others aren't as enthusiastic.

But please let me get rid of the suede like the ZL1 owners have an option:

This I don't like:

This I like:

Please do the same with the 1LE as with the ZL1:

Quote:
Apparently, some aren’t fans of the suede-wrapped steering wheel and shifter of the recently-debuted Chevy Camaro ZL1. Since the ever-anticipated debut, multiple GM Authority patrons have written in to express original intentions to purchase the ZL1 upon its availability, but — having taken notice of the suede treatment — have changed their mind. The complaints have ranged from a general dislike of the way suede feels in the hand, previous allergic reactions to the material, as well as negative previous experiences with suede parts experiencing premature wear and tear.

The good news, however, is that the suede treatment will be optional on the ZL1.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:25 PM   #750
Monte Mac

Drives: 13 1LE, 14 Cruze ECO M6, 84 MonteSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
I second that. The black hood delete option and an option to delete the suede parts. I don't think I can live with the suede. I also think an option for non-black ZL1 wheels. I personally love the black wheels and that's what I would go with, but I know others aren't as enthusiastic.

This I don't like:

This I like:

I 100% agree with you sir. I prefer the smooth leather to the suede as well. I too am hoping to have a black hood delete option, which as long as the hood is painted and not simply e-coated and then wrapped I don't see an issue with this, should be one less step in its assembly.
Monte Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #751
Monte Mac

Drives: 13 1LE, 14 Cruze ECO M6, 84 MonteSS
Oh, I forgot to mention the wheels. Personally, I hate black wheels, I like them silver or even a metallic gray color but black ain't my bag baby. So it would be great to see an option for color or even the upgraded wheels offered on the ZL1, unfortunately those have ZL1 machined into them :/
Monte Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #752
bobby35ny

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post

This I don't like:

This I like:

Agreed!!

Better yet, 1SS or 2SS with 1LE as one option and then 1LE appearance option.

-bobby

Last edited by bobby35ny; 04-05-2012 at 06:29 PM. Reason: spelling
bobby35ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #753
USMC Anti Venom

Drives: Soon to be ZL1
I saw the new Blue Ray Metallic color for the '13 models. I think it would go great with the black hood and stripes. Already saving up my money to put down for a 2SS 1LE. Just can't wait to build and price it.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:22 PM   #754
BustedCrank

Drives: Broken
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
keep in mind - the SS comes with Brembo Brakes - 6 piston Brembo Brakes!

You can buy the ZL1 brakes thru the Chevrolet Performance Catalog.

We wanted to keep the price reasonable - and further, we must keep build complexity down - it improves quality AND it saves money so that the cost of the car to you is lower.
Oh, well apparently I have some checking to do, I thought the SS has 4 piston brakes this whole time.
I appreciate your time to respond (to this and many other things in the past and future). I understand its a cost thing, we all just want the best for our beloved camaros
BustedCrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #755
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedCrank View Post
Oh, well apparently I have some checking to do, I thought the SS has 4 piston brakes this whole time.
I appreciate your time to respond (to this and many other things in the past and future). I understand its a cost thing, we all just want the best for our beloved camaros
It does - they are 4-piston Brembo brake calipers.

Mr. Wyndham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #756
AlexM

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
I see lots of people dislike the black wheels... I absolutely love them and not just on Camaros. I will buy a set from an unhappy owner for a good price, hahaha

The infotainment system will be an absolute hit! Much needed in a top performance car, these days.
AlexM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:18 AM   #757
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
The infotainment system will be an absolute hit! Much needed in a top performance car, these days.
Now to get track apps like on the mustang and challenger.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:13 PM   #758
BigV8LS3

Drives: 09 G8 GXP, 99 Silverado,10 Cobalt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Mac View Post
Oh, I forgot to mention the wheels. Personally, I hate black wheels, I like them silver or even a metallic gray color but black ain't my bag baby. So it would be great to see an option for color or even the upgraded wheels offered on the ZL1, unfortunately those have ZL1 machined into them :/
I'm with you. Black is not my top choice, now gunmetal or smokechrome, thats more like it.
09 G8 GXP A6 SRM with sunroof. Mods:Livernois maggie 2300, 3.0" pulley, 160 stat, KB Bap. Rotofab, Corsa catback, Kooks 1 7/8 mids, 502rwhp/479tq. Suspension: BMR, Pedders supercar coilovers. Show:CTS-V2 rims w/nitto invos 255/40 and 285/35. Oracle yellow halos. HSV triple gauges.
BigV8LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:17 PM   #759
MS3DALE

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3/6M Litho#190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte Mac View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigV8LS3 View Post
I'm with you. Black is not my top choice, now gunmetal or smokechrome, thats more like it.
Same here guys......I hate Black wheels,to me they are plain looking,have no looks,no style,and no design to them what-so-ever,you may as well bolt on a set of plain Black "cop car" steel wheels!! LOL!!
Now the competition grey ones that are available on the Corvette's aren't too bad,although I wouldn't get them either,to me they look like they have a heavy build-up of brake dust on them,in other words they always look dirty!

'11 IOM 2SS/RS LS3/6M HURST - Roto-Fab CAI-Kook's LTs-CORSA-Black Bear tuned
Proud Litho owner #190 - Homecoming Litho #120
'15 SILVERADO Z71 1500 LTZ Crew Cab - 6.2 "Midnight Edition" -Airaid intake-CORSA
MS3DALE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #760
Powhusku

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Man this thread is getting big. Does anyone know if the 1LE suspension system will be available to buy from GM on its own? I for one would be interested in swapping out my 2010 suspension for that sweet magnetic ride.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #761
MarkSS

Drives: 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powhusku View Post
Man this thread is getting big. Does anyone know if the 1LE suspension system will be available to buy from GM on its own? I for one would be interested in swapping out my 2010 suspension for that sweet magnetic ride.
1LE will not include magnetic ride and my guess would be to buy the associated ZL1 components and swap them into your car would cost more than trading for a ZL1. 1LE, as I understand it, will have a track optimized conventional suspension.
MarkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #762
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
There's no mag ride on this puppy unfortunately, but trying to retrofit mag ride is a very expensive undertaking. It will have track tuned conventional suspension that you'll be able to order once its out and it the system.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:14 PM   #763
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSS View Post
1LE will not include magnetic ride and my guess would be to buy the associated ZL1 components and swap them into your car would cost more than trading for a ZL1. 1LE, as I understand it, will have a track optimized conventional suspension.
Not really, the rear 28mm bar with bushings clamps and links is only about 200 bucks to get, springs are about 60, shocks and strust are 80-90. So if this is what he wants it wont cost as much as people think. The half shafts and rear differential though are very expensive
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #764
Powhusku

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
There's no mag ride on this puppy unfortunately, but trying to retrofit mag ride is a very expensive undertaking. It will have track tuned conventional suspension that you'll be able to order once its out and it the system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkSS View Post
I was expecting it to be really expensive, just figured I'd ask and hope :(
I'll definelty keep my eye out for 1LE suspension components at my dealer. It will be interesting to see how it's price stacks up to other aftermarket manufactures.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:57 PM   #765
The IOM Ninja
Account Suspended

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS/RS, 13' GB Shelby GT500
Quote:
I was expecting it to be really expensive, just figured I'd ask and hope :(
I'll definelty keep my eye out for 1LE suspension components at my dealer. It will be interesting to see how it's price stacks up to other aftermarket manufactures.
As stated before this is nothing but a track pack, it's not a completely new trim, you pay more for the boss because of the engine more that anything.
The IOM Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1le, 1le camaro, 1le forum, camaro 1le, camaro 1le forum, camaro performance package, camaro track pack, camaro track package, where's our z/28?