Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

River City Camaro Customs
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Old 03-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
ZL1ZL1

Drives: 13 ZL1
ZL1 Shipments to Middleeast

Guys i know this isn't the right time to ask this question since the QC hold is in place, but as i have read through that the orders are moving forward and the cars would be up and running to their owners and production would resume,

Does anyone have an idea when the ZL1 will be available to the Middle east market?
ZL1ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
If GM is not selling them direct to that market then I'm sure you'll have to go through a vehicle broker that imports cars. Finding a 2012 model might be much harder than you think. Not impossible, just hard due to the limited numbers that GM will produce since it's a short build year for the ZL-1.
Now for the 2013 I doubt there will be any issue other than if GM doesn't offer it and you have to go through someone else to bring it in.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #3
ZL1ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
If GM is not selling them direct to that market then I'm sure you'll have to go through a vehicle broker that imports cars. Finding a 2012 model might be much harder than you think. Not impossible, just hard due to the limited numbers that GM will produce since it's a short build year for the ZL-1.
Now for the 2013 I doubt there will be any issue other than if GM doesn't offer it and you have to go through someone else to bring it in.
The question my friend was when not if so, if any of you can shed light on it I will be very thankful
Old 03-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #4
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 7,000,000 lbs. of thrust
Like armysig said, ZL1's will probably be available to the Middle East either through a car broker or GM late 2012 or 2013.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #5
ZL1_Alkindi
Mechanical Engineer

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Send a message via MSN to ZL1_Alkindi
I have bad news for you brother, Chevy in AD confirmed that they won't be bringing in the ZL1 to the UAE... Luckily for me, I'm on attachment in Houston and I'm gonna bring mine back with me when I finish...

I'm sure there's someone that would bring it in but they're gonna charge u bonkers... Just like how the camaro SS is $55,000 in the UAE
ZL1_Alkindi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:10 AM   #6
ZL1ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1_Alkindi View Post
I have bad news for you brother, Chevy in AD confirmed that they won't be bringing in the ZL1 to the UAE... Luckily for me, I'm on attachment in Houston and I'm gonna bring mine back with me when I finish...

I'm sure there's someone that would bring it in but they're gonna charge u bonkers... Just like how the camaro SS is $55,000 in the UAE
Okay after a lot of research i came to understand that, ZL1 is coming to U.A.E in September as a 2013 model. Now i am more since i have already struck a deal to sell my 11 GTR. Gotta wait 6 months more
Old 03-28-2012, 07:58 AM   #7
ZL1_Alkindi
Mechanical Engineer

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Send a message via MSN to ZL1_Alkindi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1ZL1 View Post
Okay after a lot of research i came to understand that, ZL1 is coming to U.A.E in September as a 2013 model. Now i am more since i have already struck a deal to sell my 11 GTR. Gotta wait 6 months more
Sell that piece of junk "no offense" and wait a few months for AWESOME on 4 wheels... I had a GTR for 2 months and within a week of leaving the dealership, the guages broke.. One good thing can be said about the GTR.... Its a fast track car... But its not a car you wanna pull up to the valet of Shangrilla in... Especially if your pregnant wife is in the bucket seat next to you... Theres something really unsettling about having your butt only 5cms from the tarmac....

I guess I'm gonna be getting chased by AD police long b4 you brother... I'll be sure to upload a few pics
ZL1_Alkindi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #8
ndh407

Drives: h2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1ZL1 View Post
Guys i know this isn't the right time to ask this question since the QC hold is in place, but as i have read through that the orders are moving forward and the cars would be up and running to their owners and production would resume,

Does anyone have an idea when the ZL1 will be available to the Middle east market?
I am a broker and I have 17 on order. If you want one sooner contact me.
ndh407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:08 PM   #9
Msabt

Drives: CAMARO SS
how much would it cost me !
Msabt is offline   Reply With Quote