Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Vector Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2009, 11:07 AM   #1
kunkelz28
 
kunkelz28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: St Cloud Minnesota
Posts: 320
not good

I went to my dealer today he opened up workbench I was hoping to see 3800, I have been at 3400 for a few weeks. Instead for some odd reason I was back down to 3300. I can't do this much longer, I don't know what to do.

UPDATE: I called my dealer and had them re-check, everything is fine I am at 4104 ( bailment invoice)
kunkelz28 is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 11:09 AM   #2
Verio
Taking it 1 day at a time
 
Verio's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS Auto
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 751
Send a message via MSN to Verio
Well, considering you're at 3300, and a lot of people who ordered back in October are still at 1100... I wouldn't complain too much.

I don't think I'll ever earn the right to complain about my cars delivery date, since I ordered so late in the game.
__________________
Order#: NJWGTF
1100, Preliminary order accepted 04/27/2009
6000, Delivered to the customer 07/23/2009 - 3 Months (worth the wait!!)
Verio is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 11:09 AM   #3
theshadow1234
 
theshadow1234's Avatar
 
Drives: Shelby GT500
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pearland, TX
Posts: 215
__________________

09 Shelby GT500
(Stock)
theshadow1234 is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 11:36 AM   #4
Mac1
 
Drives: 2004 Malibu
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkelz28 View Post
I went to my dealer today he opened up workbench I was hoping to see 3800, I have been at 3400 for a few weeks. Instead for some odd reason I was back down to 3300. I can't do this much longer, I don't know what to do.
Get an explanation from the inventory manager. If it is satisfactory to you then wait. Just like the rest of us.
Mac1 is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 11:38 AM   #5
ZZcamaro


 
Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 2,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkelz28 View Post
I went to my dealer today he opened up workbench I was hoping to see 3800, I have been at 3400 for a few weeks. Instead for some odd reason I was back down to 3300. I can't do this much longer, I don't know what to do.
I would bet you that if we both went into a dealer together we could get a hell of a deal on a pair of Z06s!!!
ZZcamaro is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 11:41 AM   #6
fdjizm
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,429
i believe scottbjorn3d had his order go in reverse also you might want to contact him to see what happend sucks to hear man. call your dealer get some more info on why, despite what these people tell you on the forums it's your car and your money you dont have to "shut up and wait"
fdjizm is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 12:31 PM   #7
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs
 
SSOOCH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: South Jordan, UT
Posts: 7,430
I'd cancel my order for sure! LOL! Relax, it'll be alright...
SSOOCH is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 12:37 PM   #8
UCF w00t
Geek
 
UCF w00t's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZcamaro View Post
I would bet you that if we both went into a dealer together we could get a hell of a deal on a pair of Z06s!!!
Do it already then! Isn't your car sitting in a rail yard or even on a friggen car hauler? I don't get what all your bitching is about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
i believe scottbjorn3d had his order go in reverse also you might want to contact him to see what happend sucks to hear man. call your dealer get some more info on why, despite what these people tell you on the forums it's your car and your money you dont have to "shut up and wait"
His status went in reverse but his car shipped. No it doesn't make any sense but it is what it is.

Dealers should be able to contact the DBC and get more info though.
UCF w00t is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 01:01 PM   #9
2SSRS@Gen5diy
Salt & Pepper 2014 Z/28

 
2SSRS@Gen5diy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS IOM ,2014 Z/28, 66 Nova
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: By the lake in AZ
Posts: 11,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post

Dealers should be able to contact the DBC and get more info though.
What do you do after the dealer and you call DBC and get the same old line, That it is on hold and that is it, No ETA no noting, No info of any kind do you think this is how too do it.
I e-mail my dealer this morning and got a phone call telling me the car has a hold on it that he got the call from DBC and that their is no time limit on the hold.
At this point i am Mad. And if you think that i am a spoiled kid, You don't get it this is cutting in to my Company time, I ordered things for this car from more than 1 vendor what a weird deal this car is.
__________________
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 01:06 PM   #10
Kvapil28
 
Kvapil28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Tahoe LTZ
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 453
Come on guys DBC only looks in a computer and tells you what they see. They don't go any further than that..
Kvapil28 is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 01:10 PM   #11
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,850
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
i believe scottbjorn3d had his order go in reverse also you might want to contact him to see what happend sucks to hear man. call your dealer get some more info on why, despite what these people tell you on the forums it's your car and your money you dont have to "shut up and wait"
UCF said it right. Scotts order went from 4000+ back to 3800 and was shipped. Makes no sense and this is why I don't even call my dealer. They don't really know much more than they read on their system. There have been a number of people on here that drove their cars off the lot and their orders were still reading 3800 as they left with it.
__________________
PQ is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 01:11 PM   #12
UCF w00t
Geek
 
UCF w00t's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
What do you do after the dealer and you call DBC and get the same old line, That it is on hold and that is it, No ETA no noting, No info of any kind do you think this is how too do it.
I e-mail my dealer this morning and got a phone call telling me the car has a hold on it that he got the call from DBC and that their is no time limit on the hold.
At this point i am Mad. And if you think that i am a spoiled kid, You don't get it this is cutting in to my Company time, I ordered things for this car from more than 1 vendor what a weird deal this car is.
Yup. The DBC should be giving more info than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvapil28 View Post
Come on guys DBC only looks in a computer and tells you what they see. They don't go any further than that..
It's stupid that they can't get better service reps than that.
UCF w00t is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 01:11 PM   #13
Mac1
 
Drives: 2004 Malibu
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
i believe scottbjorn3d had his order go in reverse also you might want to contact him to see what happend sucks to hear man. call your dealer get some more info on why, despite what these people tell you on the forums it's your car and your money you dont have to "shut up and wait"
Who said "shut up and wait"? It was advised to talk to the inventory manager and get a new assessment of the progress of the cars status and explanation of the backward movement in codes. These things should be expected based on the history of other members experiences. There is no sarcasm or facetiousness in any of the above posts. Easy bro.
Mac1 is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 01:12 PM   #14
kunkelz28
 
kunkelz28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: St Cloud Minnesota
Posts: 320
thanks for the re- assurance guys I needed it, i am sure it will be fine and I will have my car soon
kunkelz28 is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 01:18 PM   #15
fdjizm
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac1 View Post
Who said "shut up and wait"? It was advised to talk to the inventory manager and get a new assessment of the progress of the cars status and explanation of the backward movement in codes. These things should be expected based on the history of other members experiences. There is no sarcasm or facetiousness in any of the above posts. Easy bro.
i was talking abut the forum as a whole if i was talking about you, you would know it because i would quote you directly, the overall attitude of the forum is shutup dont complain and wait, if you say it isnt you havent been checking out recent threads...

this man clearly is looking for some support among this community... maybe he feels better after letting it out all im saying is it should be ok for him to do. im sure he feels better now as he stated about, now before 10 more people come in here and tell him to wait and stop complaining consider what i just said.
fdjizm is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 01:20 PM   #16
UCF w00t
Geek
 
UCF w00t's Avatar
 
Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando
Posts: 4,456
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
i was talking abut the forum as a whole if i was talking about you, you would know it because i would quote you directly, the overall attitude of the forum is shutup dont complain and wait, if you say it isnt you havent been checking out recent threads...
You keep making that statement but it's really anything but. Yea, a few people say that but by and large people complain at will. Look at the cracks thread... how many pages of complaints? With only a handful of people saying "Stop whining". And in this thread, noone has said stop complaining. So seriously, why don't you at least read the thread and respond to what people are saying in that thread before spouting off?
UCF w00t is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 01:24 PM   #17
fdjizm
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,429
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
You keep making that statement but it's really anything but. Yea, a few people say that but by and large people complain at will. Look at the cracks thread... how many pages of complaints? With only a handful of people saying "Stop whining". And in this thread, noone has said stop complaining. So seriously, why don't you at least read the thread and respond to what people are saying in that thread before spouting off?
I didnt know there was a problem with making a statement about the general feeling of the forum towards people like the original poster. so i gave him the heads up instead of letting him find out what MIGHT come towards him on here.. any further question feel free to PM me.
fdjizm is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 01:24 PM   #18
Silver Streak

 
Silver Streak's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Smyrna Bch. Florida
Posts: 1,449
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
He is here for what?
__________________
"What? You wanna lay the fate of the world on that kids Camaro? That's cool!"

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 01:56 PM   #19
mmarcum
 
mmarcum's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro SS
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: East TN
Posts: 292
My order status went backwards also. See my sig. Back to 3000 after going to 3400 for a few days.
__________________
Delivered: Rally Yellow 2SS/RS (LS3) with black interior.

Event code 1100 on 1/24
Event code 3000 on 3/24
Event code 3400 on 4/27
Back to event code 3000 on 5/1
Event code 3800 on 5/5
Event code 4B00 on 5/5
Event code 4200 on 5/22
Event code 6000 on 6/3!

VIN# 2G1FT1EW6A9107395
mmarcum is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 02:25 PM   #20
2010 SS RS

 
2010 SS RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 2,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
I didnt know there was a problem with making a statement about the general feeling of the forum towards people like the original poster. so i gave him the heads up instead of letting him find out what MIGHT come towards him on here.. any further question feel free to PM me.
Yesterday you jumped all over me for going to look at a facia and see if I could see weakness in it. I also posted pics clearly showing that the facia was pre-production. All I was trying to do was get to the bottom of what was an unverified issue. As it turned out whom was exactly right with the report. w00t is very frustrated and every time a report posts about someone upset because their order is a day or week behind or that they clearly have not taken the time to do any research whatsoever......well. Lets just realize one thing right here and right now. WE ARE ALL ON THE SAME SIDE! We all want our cars and we all want others to get theirs. How many postings do you see with TPW's on them? THERE ARE NOT ANY TPW's GIVEN ON THE CAMARO! Yet every time I open a post I find someone with a TPW of this week with a status of 2000 wanting to know if their car is going to be here Friday or will it be Monday. w00t's contribution to this forum over the last six months has been tremendous. Where do you think the VIN tracking number thread came from. Where do you think the Railtracking Thread information and format with VIN# predictors is coming from. He has bento over basackwards to help all of us and rather than trying to understand exactly where he is coming from by reading some of his plight, you jump him for having an aptitude. Sometimes all of this overwhelms each of us and we should all be there to help lift them back up and show support rather than attacking. Ok I will step off the soapbox as this is way off topic but I just crossed the very line I was referring too. For that I am sorry.

Back to topic. The best advice is to contact dealer and get an actual printout of your workbench. This might have been a case of a mis-qoute as to your status....or it would at least have the tracking numbers needed to find out more from DBC. Best of luck and I would not waste time with 800# they dont have the info you, me or anyone would need.
__________________
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 02:59 PM   #21
espo19047
 
espo19047's Avatar
 
Drives: Impala
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia Suburbs
Posts: 195
Send a message via AIM to espo19047
My store just received the third Camaro built. It is the first to arrive. It still says 3800 on the workbench. The best thing to do is wait and keep an eye out for the carrier. It was a sold order still no GM walk around car. By the way the order went in on March 7th.
espo19047 is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 05:18 PM   #22
fldrummer
"Black Ace"
 
fldrummer's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS/RS black/black
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 1,731
I was at 3000 since at least 4/17 and heard nothing 'til today when the dealer called saying my car has been built and is in the process of being shipped, so have faith and patience. I know it's hard, but hang in there.
fldrummer is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 05:26 PM   #23
RPO_Z28

 
RPO_Z28's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 C6Z
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: RVC, New York
Posts: 1,754
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvapil28 View Post
Come on guys DBC only looks in a computer and tells you what they see. They don't go any further than that..
As does the dealer. You will not get an explanation why.

Remember, a watched pot never boils.
__________________
RPO_Z28 is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 05:32 PM   #24
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!
 
BackinBlackSS/RS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 23,365
The best thing we can take away from all this event code stuff is that the codes seem to be wrong more than they are right. In most cases(mine included) the codes are much further along than is being seen.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline  
Old 05-04-2009, 06:12 PM   #25
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter
 
PQ's Avatar
 
Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 36,850
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
As does the dealer. You will not get an explanation why.

Remember, a watched pot never boils.


Yes it does. Just as soon as you take your eye off of it.
__________________
PQ is offline  
 
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A good Sunday AM read aberg 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 11 04-19-2009 03:51 PM
Good Idea? Bad Idea? cam2fst4u Off-topic Discussions 25 04-13-2009 08:06 PM
Saw Fast & Furious tonight. It's.... GOOD! 2Muchmark Off-topic Discussions 2 04-11-2009 11:25 AM
Good Dealer themossman Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions 0 04-01-2009 02:01 PM
G8 GXP mini review - some good some bad Crowley General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion 6 11-26-2008 07:38 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.