Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

View Poll Results: if you definitely want a cylinder please chose V6 or SS. need to figure out how many
I own a V6 20 20.83%
I own a V6 but will wait for a core exchange 7 7.29%
I own a SS 50 52.08%
I own a SS but will wait for a core exchange 21 21.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2012, 05:23 PM   #407
JTRJSS

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel 2SS M6
Received mine today, Will setup a day to install it in the next few weeks. I also ordered the Tick Speed Bleeder so it should be a simple install
CAI-Cold Air Intake,Hurst Shifter,JRE Tune,Stainless Power 1 7/8" Headers/High-Flow Cats,SLP UD Pulley,Pedders Subframe Bushing Inserts,Pfadt Trailing Arms, Lakewood Toe Rods,Pedders Radius Rod Inserts,Maganflow X Pipe,GMPP Axle Back Exhaust,AR Torq Thrust M 20" Rims,BMR Strut Tower Brace,Hawk HPS Disc Pads Front/Rear,BMR Subframe Connector/Tunnel Brace,Dove Tail Spoiler,BMR Front Sway Bar,Spohn Sway Bar Links Front,ZL1 Rear Sway Bar/GM End Links,GM 2012 Rear LCAs,1000HP DSS Axles,Lingenfelter 3.91 Ratio/Eaton Truetrac Differential/JRE Billet Caps,Drive Shaft Loop,No Weeds Exhaust Diverters
JTRJSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:48 AM   #408
2010SSRSM6
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Installing an ACT twin disk next week, sounds like a great time to swap this into the mix. Please PM me the price shipped to 92585. I may be able to get you one other one sold so go ahead and make it price on two shipped to 92585. Do you think you could get these out here by Monday?

Thanks!
Old 05-03-2012, 12:51 PM   #409
RogerBzSS

Drives: 11 IBM n White 2SS/RS M6
Subscribed
RogerBzSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #410
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
Installing an ACT twin disk next week, sounds like a great time to swap this into the mix. Please PM me the price shipped to 92585. I may be able to get you one other one sold so go ahead and make it price on two shipped to 92585. Do you think you could get these out here by Monday?

Thanks!
I only have three left, Jannetty Racing is getting one so now I only have two left. get them now or you'll have to wait close to two weeks for more. I just got my shipment in but it will be at least a week and a half until they are ready.
IDEALG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #411
blake-b

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS LS3
I started my install today. I didn't get to finish because of the phenomenon called work. I will finish when I get home tonight.

So far, it is a PITA working under the dash. I don't bend like I used to. Actually, the hardest part is getting the bolts started back in. Clipping the new one back to the clutch pedal helps hold it in place so you can just start the rear bolt. The long bolt that goes through the spacer is where I left off. There is enough tension between the metal supports the spacer will hold itself in place. I got the long bolt started and into the spacer but can't get the other side lined up yet. I had to go to work.

IDEALG, I think you should post the links to your videos in your first post as I searched for several minutes to find them. That precious time could have made the difference between getting it done before work or having to be at work thinking about it all evening...

Also, for those of you that have the Tick Performance clutch line, it already has a heat shield built into it. I never noticed until I removed it today to slide on the one IDEALG mentions in this thread. Now, mine has two.

I'll post after I get the job done. Hopefully tonight or definitely tomorrow as I am off work all day.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #412
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
I started my install today. I didn't get to finish because of the phenomenon called work. I will finish when I get home tonight.

So far, it is a PITA working under the dash. I don't bend like I used to. Actually, the hardest part is getting the bolts started back in. Clipping the new one back to the clutch pedal helps hold it in place so you can just start the rear bolt. The long bolt that goes through the spacer is where I left off. There is enough tension between the metal supports the spacer will hold itself in place. I got the long bolt started and into the spacer but can't get the other side lined up yet. I had to go to work.

IDEALG, I think you should post the links to your videos in your first post as I searched for several minutes to find them. That precious time could have made the difference between getting it done before work or having to be at work thinking about it all evening...

Also, for those of you that have the Tick Performance clutch line, it already has a heat shield built into it. I never noticed until I removed it today to slide on the one IDEALG mentions in this thread. Now, mine has two.

I'll post after I get the job done. Hopefully tonight or definitely tomorrow as I am off work all day.

Sounds good, I'll put the links on the first page of this thread so its easier to find. yes their clutch line has a heat shield but i still recommend covering it with the thermo sleeve. keep us posted
Old 05-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #413
Retro69

Drives: 2011 2SS M6 Synergy Green
I got my new cylinder swapped out on my SS last night. Futzing with the bolts which secure the cylinder refreshed in my mind how much the engineers obviously dislike the field techs . I had forgotten those joys having not turned wrenches for a living for many years.

Well that was the easy part. After searching high and low for the slave cylinder bleeder screw I finally found it. I pulled off it's dust cap and promptly dropped down in to the bell housing. After the initial panic of having done so I concluded it would be unlikely it will cause any problems but then the waves of terror began flowing over me as I envisioned dropping a socket or wrench down in to that same black hole. I *really* don't want to pull the tranny out!

I soon realized I didn't have a socket with sufficient clearance to get back on the bleeder to the hex, nor did I have a small end wrench that would fit. I packed it in for the night and will be searching the local tool store for something suitable when I get off work. BTW... does anyone happen to know what size that hex is?
Retro69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:31 AM   #414
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro69 View Post
I got my new cylinder swapped out on my SS last night. Futzing with the bolts which secure the cylinder refreshed in my mind how much the engineers obviously dislike the field techs . I had forgotten those joys having not turned wrenches for a living for many years.

Well that was the easy part. After searching high and low for the slave cylinder bleeder screw I finally found it. I pulled off it's dust cap and promptly dropped down in to the bell housing. After the initial panic of having done so I concluded it would be unlikely it will cause any problems but then the waves of terror began flowing over me as I envisioned dropping a socket or wrench down in to that same black hole. I *really* don't want to pull the tranny out!

I soon realized I didn't have a socket with sufficient clearance to get back on the bleeder to the hex, nor did I have a small end wrench that would fit. I packed it in for the night and will be searching the local tool store for something suitable when I get off work. BTW... does anyone happen to know what size that hex is?

LOL i said it wasn't easy, It's a 8mm and we use the box end of the wrench because the box end is at an angle. don't worry about dropping stuff in the bellhousing there's enough holes in the bellhousing to fish stuff out.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #415
Cycule

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Send a message via AIM to Cycule Send a message via Yahoo to Cycule Send a message via Skype™ to Cycule
OMG! I have this problem alot. The other day I raced a M5 off the line and was good untill I placed my SS into 2nd gear. It grind and grind and......uh.........I was fustrated. So I figured I would take it to the track and see if it did it there and it did it again. Only once thou...out of the 5 times I ran. So fustrating. Thank you for this post. So i geuss what do I have to do to get one of these bad boys on my SS?
Old 05-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #416
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycule View Post
OMG! I have this problem alot. The other day I raced a M5 off the line and was good untill I placed my SS into 2nd gear. It grind and grind and......uh.........I was fustrated. So I figured I would take it to the track and see if it did it there and it did it again. Only once thou...out of the 5 times I ran. So fustrating. Thank you for this post. So i geuss what do I have to do to get one of these bad boys on my SS?
go here please
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219889
Old 05-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #417
Cycule

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS
Send a message via AIM to Cycule Send a message via Yahoo to Cycule Send a message via Skype™ to Cycule
Ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEALG View Post
Old 05-05-2012, 10:00 AM   #418
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

cylinders are now sold out until further notice, I will post an update in a week or so when i have 35 more available
Old 05-06-2012, 01:03 PM   #419
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Anyone get theirs installed yet? interested to know if it worked for you and if you like it or not.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #420
TornadoSS
WICKDSS

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IOM LS3
I installed mine this morning. First off, here is a list of my mods relating to this area -

Textralia OZ700 HD ceramic clutch
GTO seperate reservoir w/ Motul 600 RBF DOT 4
Tick Stainless Braided and Heat shielded Clutch line
Redline D4 ATF in the trans.

First, let me say that this made my car shift like its got a stock clutch again! Which is good! Nice and smooth! It lets me have more control of my clutch and it still grabs hard when released (exactly the way the Textralia clutch is advertised, nice quick grab at the end). The shifting is much smoother now, Not completely sure it will cure all of my issues, (I still get an occasional grind into third) Lazy shifting maybe? Did a lot of in-town up and down shifting and it appears to have calmed down the slow speed shifting issues also, no promises that this will be everyones outcome though. We all have different mods. The pedal does appear (with a Textralia clutch) to engage pretty high on the release. I'm ok with that, I will have to get used to it. The high RPM shift appears to be much less of an issue as well, no issues so far. I am planning on drag racing the SS next weekend so we will see for sure how it does under high RPM/Speed shifting! Can't wait, I feel its going to help my 60' with more clutch control.
TornadoSS is offline   Reply With Quote