Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JDP Motorsports
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

View Poll Results: if you definitely want a cylinder please chose V6 or SS. need to figure out how many
I own a V6 20 20.83%
I own a V6 but will wait for a core exchange 7 7.29%
I own a SS 50 52.08%
I own a SS but will wait for a core exchange 21 21.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #630
Blue70SS

Drives: 2010 LS3Camaro2SSRS IOM in/out
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyP25 View Post
Ordered mine today.....i use a ZR1 max-cx. I'll post some info afterward.
Ted, this product won't work on Camaros with E-force superchargers, subwoofers, or Cyber Grey Metallic paint! You have to either have a polished Maggie or Inferno Orange Metallic paint

Besides, if you can't shift at high RPM..... I can still beat you
boosted LPE Twin Pump,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood

Last edited by Blue70SS; 07-10-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:32 PM   #631
TeddyP25

Drives: 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue70SS View Post
Ted, this product won't work on Camaros with E-force superchargers, subwoofers, or Cyber Grey Metallic paint! You have to either have a polished Maggie or Inferno Orange Metallic paint

Besides, if you can't shift at high RPM..... I can still beat you
HA!!.....and build war continues, I just hope you finally run out of upgrades and I stay close.....and then pass you on those to...
2SS/RS CGM/BLK GFX MN6418 Stroker.785rwhp/885lbtq.50 SHOT NO2..Pfadt arms,toe links,coilovers,swaybars,end links,engine mounts,dif/sub bushings.MGWshifter.Tick LVL 3.ARH1 7/8 LT's/ARH exhaust.ADM gauges/race CAI.E-FORCE SC.8 rib IW 10%OD.LPE dual pump/module.85lb inj,custom valve covers.RMCR tune.TOOLEY RACING CAM.JRE posi kit.JRE fuel upgrade.RX MONSTER CatchCan.DSS axels/DS.Hammerhead rear, 3:73's. WYOSPEED builthttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115687
TeddyP25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #632
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
Quote:
HA!!.....and build war continues, I just hope you finally run out of upgrades and I stay close.....and then pass you on those to...

LMAO at both of you lol.

order shipped out this afternoon
IDEALG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 11:25 PM   #633
Blue70SS

Drives: 2010 LS3Camaro2SSRS IOM in/out
Quote:
I just had to mess with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEALG View Post
LMAO at both of you lol.

order shipped out this afternoon
Shoot me in the foot..... I suggested he buy it
boosted LPE Twin Pump,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:02 PM   #634
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

everyone still having good results with their new cylinder?
Old 07-17-2012, 09:11 PM   #635
RogerBzSS

Drives: 11 IBM n White 2SS/RS M6
Hellyeah!!! Just took me a bit to get use to the real short friction zone.. but I also added separate reservoir and braided stainless line along with the updated master cylinder.. Life is 100% Better and I am diggin these upgrades..
RogerBzSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:34 PM   #636
walhan_qtr
..[ Z06-QTR ]..

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS RS M6/ 07 C6 Z06
Send a message via MSN to walhan_qtr Send a message via Yahoo to walhan_qtr Send a message via Skype™ to walhan_qtr
mine is ok. I am still having issues but it def less with the master cylinder. when I first got it installed it worked great but now it got a little worse. not sure why. I just bleeded the system with GM fluids just like Katech recommended so we will see how that works.
- 10 Black Camaro LS3, 2SS/RS, H/C/I, bolt-ons, Spec. (470whp/450wtq).
- 07 Black Corvette C6(SOLD).
- 98 White/Red Corvette C5(SOLD).

walhan_qtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:50 PM   #637
piticu667

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Hell ya bro thank you..... My Camaro still works without a grind.... IDEALG man I got like 10k on the car with the fix...so for sure for my V6 it worked
piticu667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #638
R8cerX

Drives: 2010 CamaroSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by walhan_qtr View Post
mine is ok. I am still having issues but it def less with the master cylinder. when I first got it installed it worked great but now it got a little worse. not sure why. I just bleeded the system with GM fluids just like Katech recommended so we will see how that works.
I had a similar issue...just re-bled the system and no issues since. Guess there was an air bubble that worked it's way up after the first time I bled.
2010 Camaro 2LT/RS...257rwhp/234rwtq SLP CAI and IAT relocated, Eibach springs and Flowmasters
R8cerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #639
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Good to hear guys!

walhan_qtr if you think its the master cylinder and want to try another cylinder i'll do an exchange with you. just in case by some odd chance there's something wrong with yours.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #640
walhan_qtr
..[ Z06-QTR ]..

Send a message via MSN to walhan_qtr Send a message via Yahoo to walhan_qtr Send a message via Skype™ to walhan_qtr
Quote:
Good to hear guys!

walhan_qtr if you think its the master cylinder and want to try another cylinder i'll do an exchange with you. just in case by some odd chance there's something wrong with yours.
honestly I dont know. its def not the same as when I first got it installed. I just tested the car after re-bleeding it and third gear is hard to get to at high RPM. all other gears are ok. car has 22k miles so I doubt the tranny has a problem. but again I dont know.

before I installed the master cylinder, I couldnt go into 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th at high RPM. now I can go to all except 3rd. and the clutch will "fall in" when I get on it. now I can feel it sticking in a little (or fall in a little) but not as bad as before....

what do you think the problem is? I have new transmission oil (less than 1k miles), GTO separate clutch resivour, Katech LS9R clutch and your master cylinder.

also I have a stock master cylinder with less than 22k miles. can I send you that one to get it modified? and how much will that cost?

Thanks!

Old 07-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #641
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
honestly I dont know. its def not the same as when I first got it installed. I just tested the car after re-bleeding it and third gear is hard to get to at high RPM. all other gears are ok. car has 22k miles so I doubt the tranny has a problem. but again I dont know.

before I installed the master cylinder, I couldnt go into 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th at high RPM. now I can go to all except 3rd. and the clutch will "fall in" when I get on it. now I can feel it sticking in a little (or fall in a little) but not as bad as before....

what do you think the problem is? I have new transmission oil (less than 1k miles), GTO separate clutch resivour, Katech LS9R clutch and your master cylinder.

also I have a stock master cylinder with less than 22k miles. can I send you that one to get it modified? and how much will that cost?

Thanks!
That's weird, I don't think it's the master cylinder then if only third is your problem now. could be the clutch.

I'm not thrilled with my katech clutch anymore either. I've always had my master cylinder installed on my car from the very first one I made. Never had a problem with shifting or clutch after cylinder was installed.
But ever since I installed my cam and bolt ons My clutch sticks every once in awhile like it can't handle the power.

i'm planning on changing it to a street slayer down the road but for now i'm installing a ZL1 clutch pedal with added return spring to help return the pedal when it happens to stick.

I have no grinding issues anymore since I installed my master cylinder though.

I'll PM you about your other cylinder.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #642
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

If you guys are going to C5FEST stop by vendor alley and say hello.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #643
walhan_qtr
..[ Z06-QTR ]..

Quote:
That's weird, I don't think it's the master cylinder then if only third is your problem now. could be the clutch.

I'm not thrilled with my katech clutch anymore either. I've always had my master cylinder installed on my car from the very first one I made. Never had a problem with shifting or clutch after cylinder was installed.
But ever since I installed my cam and bolt ons My clutch sticks every once in awhile like it can't handle the power.

i'm planning on changing it to a street slayer down the road but for now i'm installing a ZL1 clutch pedal with added return spring to help return the pedal when it happens to stick.

I have no grinding issues anymore since I installed my master cylinder though.

I'll PM you about your other cylinder.
oh I am done with all Katech clutches and all RPS clutches... not dealing with those two. I have the RPS on both my vettes. and the Katech on this car and used to have it on the vette and on few friends cars.... I am trying the DYAD now. cheap, very light, nice engagement, and seems like its holding a lot of power... but I also dont know until I beat on one of those and see how it works.

got your PM, I will PM you back.

Thanks

Old 07-19-2012, 12:01 AM   #644
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
oh I am done with all Katech clutches and all RPS clutches... not dealing with those two. I have the RPS on both my vettes. and the Katech on this car and used to have it on the vette and on few friends cars.... I am trying the DYAD now. cheap, very light, nice engagement, and seems like its holding a lot of power... but I also dont know until I beat on one of those and see how it works.

got your PM, I will PM you back.

Thanks
Start looking into the slave cylinder. They don't seem to be very good at handling aftermarket clutches especially the ones that hold huge power. I had to go through 2 OEM, 1 RAM for OEM clutch, and then finally we figured out a RAM aftermarket slave was the way to go. No issues with my ACT clutch since.

I believe most of the clutch systems out there are just fine, but you can't just throw on an aftermarket clutch and not change anything else. Many clutch manufacturers just design and manufacture clutches but they don't design a slave cylinder for their clutches. Some do like; The ZR1 clutch needs the ZR1 slave for example, and I think Mcleod does as well, as for other clutches those manufacturers use other methods sc (3 discs for example), to make a really strong clutch that won't increase pressure on the overall hydraulic system like a (2) disc system will (and they charge a premium for it).

Unfortunately, seems like it's not an exact science and depending on the clutch you purchase you have to figure out the right combination of replacement parts to make it all work together.

I for one would have went with a complete RAM system (clutch, pressure plate, hydraulics if I had known about this previously). Appears to me they are the only manufacturer that has an end-to-end turnkey solution for their aftermarket clutch replacements.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:09 AM   #645
walhan_qtr
..[ Z06-QTR ]..

Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Start looking into the slave cylinder. They don't seem to be very good at handling aftermarket clutches especially the ones that hold huge power. I had to go through 2 OEM, 1 RAM for OEM clutch, and then finally we figured out a RAM aftermarket slave was the way to go. No issues with my ACT clutch since.

I believe most of the clutch systems out there are just fine, but you can't just throw on an aftermarket clutch and not change anything else. Many clutch manufacturers just design and manufacture clutches but they don't design a slave cylinder for their clutches. Some do like; The ZR1 clutch needs the ZR1 slave for example, and I think Mcleod does as well, as for other clutches those manufacturers use other methods sc (3 discs for example), to make a really strong clutch that won't increase pressure on the overall hydraulic system like a (2) disc system will (and they charge a premium for it).

Unfortunately, seems like it's not an exact science and depending on the clutch you purchase you have to figure out the right combination of replacement parts to make it all work together.

I for one would have went with a complete RAM system (clutch, pressure plate, hydraulics if I had known about this previously). Appears to me they are the only manufacturer that has an end-to-end turnkey solution for their aftermarket clutch replacements.
I do have a new slave cylinder. Katech kits comes with a new slave. also my RPS clutch I used a new ZR1 slave cylinder with it. the katech has less than 2k miles. same with the RPS. I am done with those two....

Old 07-20-2012, 12:46 AM   #646
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
I do have a new slave cylinder. Katech kits comes with a new slave. also my RPS clutch I used a new ZR1 slave cylinder with it. the katech has less than 2k miles. same with the RPS. I am done with those two....
Well that being the case, thank goodness I didn't buy a Kaltech or an RPS. LOL
I have an ACT that holds about 1100ft.lb. with the new slave it's awesome never an issue.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote