Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Cam Motion
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics Discussions related to the 5th gen Camaro Z/28 model

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
cam fan

 
cam fan's Avatar
 
Drives: fast
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,230
Nomenclature

You tricked us out with the ZL1. Love it, but confused by it. COPO out of now where, but like that too.

__________________
cam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR
 
Jamie Mac's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 2,320
I really wanted a Z-28 too. Now with so many special editions and models I'm just going to stick with my SS. I'd much rather just have more ways to option up a base platform to be able to order it just the way I want it than so many special editions. There's so many already that to me none of them are special. These packages remind me of my pet peeve with cable tv. I have to pay for a 30 channel package of crap in order to get the one channel I want.
__________________
When Mullets drove Camaro's, they didn't just know their car was fast, they set down their wax applicator and proved their car was fast. -J.M. March, 2012
Jamie Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #3
KMPrenger


 
KMPrenger's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 ABM LT/RS, 06 Chevy Colorado
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jefferson City, Missouri
Posts: 9,317
We asked for more options, more special editions and all of that, and Chevy is trying to deliver. They are trying to keep things fresh and new and exciting and they are doing just that.

Hard to complain about that....it makes no sense to complain about getting too many options.

As far as not naming it a Z-28...I have no issue with that either.
__________________
IPF Tune, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, Vararam intake, MACE Ported Manifold, RX Ported TB, "Black Ice" manifold insulator, Elite Catch Can, ZL1 repro wheels, ZL1 Springs, DRL Harness, Front GM GFX, Heritage grill, Street Scene lower grill, NLP Spoiler, ZL1 rockers and much more!
KMPrenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:46 AM   #4
cam fan

 
cam fan's Avatar
 
Drives: fast
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
We asked for more options, more special editions and all of that, and Chevy is trying to deliver. They are trying to keep things fresh and new and exciting and they are doing just that.

Hard to complain about that....it makes no sense to complain about getting too many options.

As far as not naming it a Z-28...I have no issue with that either.
haha yea no complaint...it's just funny that we keep expecting one thing, get it but in a way we didn't anticipate. I feel like there is a good-guy-GM-exec who is sitting up there in his neatly pressed grey suit reading the forum reactions going, "haaa, got you again...and you are welcome."
__________________
cam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #5
cam fan

 
cam fan's Avatar
 
Drives: fast
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
I really wanted a Z-28 too. Now with so many special editions and models I'm just going to stick with my SS. I'd much rather just have more ways to option up a base platform to be able to order it just the way I want it than so many special editions. There's so many already that to me none of them are special. These packages remind me of my pet peeve with cable tv. I have to pay for a 30 channel package of crap in order to get the one channel I want.
I do get the sense of that, but what I like most about this is that it is making the not so rare models rare just by the fact that there are so many camaros now lol

IROC! lol jk
__________________
cam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #6
DuhKoDuh

 
DuhKoDuh's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (Black) L99
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Pilot Point, Texas
Posts: 2,105
I want a Z-28
__________________

Follow me on Instagram @C7Corvettes
DuhKoDuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #7
cam fan

 
cam fan's Avatar
 
Drives: fast
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
Since I've been on this board, I've seen tons of people asking for a Z-28. I can't recall ever seeing anyone asking for a ZL1 or a 1LE prior to their announcement. Perhaps I just missed those post.

Im not complaining about to many options, I'm just saying I'd rather be able to choose what I'm paying for rather than just have all inclusive packages.
I would like to see a BARE bones camaro a la Porsche GT3. I remember there was a SSx that was pretty much that....wonder why that wasn't released.

Maybe they should do the biturbo v6 but make it a super-light weight using fiberglass.

It sure is nice to have the freedom to dream
__________________
cam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:11 AM   #8
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA
 
daveagogo1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Trinity, Florida
Posts: 6,622
Imagine if they had simply released the 5th gen as a base model and a Z/28. Everyone would cry foul and be begging for their SS. Think SLP 4th gen. To this day when most people are searching to buy a used 4th gen they are looking for the SS model.

The reason people are happy enough that the 1LE isn't called a Z/28 is because if they did people would lose their minds and complain it's way too heavy..

The only way GM is going to please the Z crowd is by waiting until the 6th gen that will be smaller, lighter and more nimble. Who knows you may very well see no factory SS model on a 6th gen.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Fast cars have rubber on the quarter panels...you sissies need to knock it off.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:29 AM   #9
hightower
LS3 Black Widow
 
hightower's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 45th 2SS LS3 and 1968 Mustang
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Madison, GA
Posts: 4,561
When the z28 comes out, it'll be be way more badass than the 1LE.
__________________
hightower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:48 AM   #10
YouseeSS
 
YouseeSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS M6 SIM
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: La Crescenta, Ca
Posts: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
We asked for more options, more special editions and all of that, and Chevy is trying to deliver. They are trying to keep things fresh and new and exciting and they are doing just that.

Hard to complain about that....it makes no sense to complain about getting too many options.

As far as not naming it a Z-28...I have no issue with that either.
That and $$$$$$$$!!$
__________________
Four Horsemen
YouseeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:50 AM   #11
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody
 
meissen's Avatar
 
Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2014 Camaro 1LT
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chesterfield Twp, MI
Posts: 2,528
I kept telling everyone in the "should they build the 1LE" polls that it wasn't going to be a Z28 but somehow the masses were blinded and thought it was a Z28. Every time GM comes out with pictures of something new for the Camaro you guys automatically assume it's going to be a Z28... Be patient and have faith. Remember, any car can be an SS but only one car can be a Z28... GM's going to make damn sure that car is worthy of the name.
__________________
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb" - Cold Air Inductions CAI, VMAX Ported Throttle Body, MGW Short Throw Shifter
1994 Camaro LT1 A4 - "Red Alert" - v6-to-LT1 Swapped Cruiser; Cammed, Stalled, Enjoyed

meissen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:52 PM   #12
WheelmanSS
Logic is dead
 
WheelmanSS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,793
Send a message via AIM to WheelmanSS
Not gonna lie, the word nomenclature is not used enough in today's society.
__________________
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3)
573 RWHP 498 RWTQ
- Vortech V3 Supercharger
- Kooks Stepped Headers, Magnaflow 16580
- Suspension by Pfadt, Hotchkis.

2007 Trailblazer SS- Sold
2001 Trans Am WS6 431 RWHP 408 RWTQ - Sold
1994 Camaro Z28 - Sold
WheelmanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:00 PM   #13
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.
 
Revo1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,818
This thread = win. Even the title = WIN.
__________________

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:46 PM   #14
cam fan

 
cam fan's Avatar
 
Drives: fast
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Not gonna lie, the word nomenclature is not used enough in today's society.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
This thread = win. Even the title = WIN.
Thank you, thank you. Have to keep it classy for my Camaro5 family lol



__________________
cam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #15
Quackersacker
 
Quackersacker's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro Convertible SS
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Iowa
Posts: 609
I went to school with a kid named Norman Clature
Quackersacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #16
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright
 
LOWDOWN's Avatar
 
Drives: Daily
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cruisin'...
Posts: 4,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by meissen View Post
I kept telling everyone in the "should they build the 1LE" polls that it wasn't going to be a Z28 but somehow the masses were blinded and thought it was a Z28. Every time GM comes out with pictures of something new for the Camaro you guys automatically assume it's going to be a Z28... Be patient and have faith. Remember, any car can be an SS but only one car can be a Z28... GM's going to make damn sure that car is worthy of the name.
For the True ZEE-lievers, the 1LE is close...veryvery close...but the Havana cigar still awaits us...

I am POSITIVE there's a very valid reason that MONIKER is yet missing...
__________________
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:17 PM   #17
Silverlsinva


 
Silverlsinva's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Manassas, Va
Posts: 3,129
Ill be getting a 2018 Z28 when it comes out. But im pretty sure we wont see a 5th gen Z28 and thats a good thing since this car is kinda heavy, I just hope they give is a nice N/a motor with a slightly higher redline like the old 69 Z28,
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:22 PM   #18
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright
 
LOWDOWN's Avatar
 
Drives: Daily
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cruisin'...
Posts: 4,131
Well, there's STILL a $10K gap between a Base 2SS/1LE and a Base ZL1. That's a lot of real e$tate.

VIR times:

BOSS LS @ 3:02.8
1LE @ "under 3:00"
ZL1 @ 2:52.4

There'z ROOM @ the INN...and Scott continues to say, "We're NOT done..."

THREE full Model Years to go-go-go...
__________________
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:42 PM   #19
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
Imagine if they had simply released the 5th gen as a base model and a Z/28. Everyone would cry foul and be begging for their SS. Think SLP 4th gen. To this day when most people are searching to buy a used 4th gen they are looking for the SS model.

The reason people are happy enough that the 1LE isn't called a Z/28 is because if they did people would lose their minds and complain it's way too heavy..

The only way GM is going to please the Z crowd is by waiting until the 6th gen that will be smaller, lighter and more nimble. Who knows you may very well see no factory SS model on a 6th gen.
The Z28 was NEVER lighter. We want the Z28 to have more power(LS7) and the 6/4 brakes.
2cnd chance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #20
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
Since I've been on this board, I've seen tons of people asking for a Z-28. I can't recall ever seeing anyone asking for a ZL1 or a 1LE prior to their announcement. Perhaps I just missed those post.

Im not complaining about to many options, I'm just saying I'd rather be able to choose what I'm paying for rather than just have all inclusive packages.
Very good point!
2cnd chance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #21
OldScoolCamaro


 
Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Home of the brave
Posts: 4,859
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightower View Post
When the z28 comes out, it'll be be way more badass than the 1LE.
I hope so. Otherwise this is all mute. "1LE" should have been just an SS option or next year model upgrade. I don't follow the music. The Corporate thinking or vision is a bit cloudy from my perspective with where we are heading. I hope the ship gets on course.
__________________
In Scott We Trust...all others must show proof.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:29 PM   #22
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 4,474
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
I hope so. Otherwise this is all mute. "1LE" should have been just an SS option or next year model upgrade. I don't follow the music. The Corporate thinking or vision is a bit cloudy from my perspective with where we are heading. I hope the ship gets on course.
No offense, but it is an SS option. It's not the beloved Z28 but it is a nice upgrade that will make a lot of people happy. I do hope you guys get your Z though, yall deserve it.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:50 PM   #23
2cnd chance
It Will Be Mine
 
2cnd chance's Avatar
 
Drives: A Z06 or a 2015 1LE?
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Road
Posts: 6,140
The 1LE makes sense as a performance upgrade for the SS. It's a "next step" marketing maneuver. We need just 1 more step to reach the ZL1, and that's the Z28.
2cnd chance is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #24
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA
 
daveagogo1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Trinity, Florida
Posts: 6,622
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
The Z28 was NEVER lighter. We want the Z28 to have more power(LS7) and the 6/4 brakes.
I never implied that it was. But, at this point with the SS where it is the ZL1 and now the 1LE. Where does a Z/28 really fit in. Make it a 1LE with more power? That's way to close to a ZL1 now so that isn't gonna happen.

What are you left with? An Plain SS with a power bump?

None of us really know but, i just don't see it happening on a 5th gen. We all know the 6th gen will be lighter and smaller so that is a good place to bring back the Z28 at this point.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Fast cars have rubber on the quarter panels...you sissies need to knock it off.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #25
cam fan

 
cam fan's Avatar
 
Drives: fast
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,230
Just so I can steer this thread back on track before the mods throw it into the z28 sub-forum....

Are there any historical Camaro nameplates that we have not hit yet? Maybe our 5th gen is the platform for the Camaro all-stars reunion

iron duke? Need to see that 0-60 time in the 20 sec mark
__________________
cam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.