Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

autoguy
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions Discuss pricing and ordering experiences.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:35 PM   #1
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: 2SS/RS black/black
Dealer called: my 2SS/RS has been built!

So I was getting a ride home from physical therapy (just had knee surgery last week on my clutch leg--perfect timing, huh?) and was going to call the dealer for an order status update when I got home when, out of nowhere, the phone rings. It's the salesman at my dealer calling to tell me my car has been built! I semi-jokingly told him I was hoping the call wouldn't come for a couple more weeks, since I won't be able to drive manual for at least a few more (hopefully no more than that). I couldn't believe it. Last I heard, around 4/17, I was still at 3000 and they were going to call back the next week with an update, but never did. Unlike most of you, I'm hoping it DOES take a few weeks to get here, like the dealer originally told me, so I'll be well enough to drive it home the day it arrives. 'Think I might be going in for physical therapy more often now; LOL!

They forgot to look up the event code and VIN for me, but said they would look that up tomorrow. 'Called the 800 number, but they couldn't tell me either one; 'just confirmed that it had been built and is being shipped, so I guess I'm at 4000 or 4200 (?). I'm getting anxious now, to say the least!

BTW, I was #6 of 24 at my dealer and ordered on 11/14--black/black 2SS/RS manual.
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:45 PM   #2
PQ
1st State Chevy supporter

Drives: Hybrid SS Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldrummer View Post
So I was getting a ride home from physical therapy (just had knee surgery last week on my clutch leg--perfect timing, huh?) and was going to call the dealer for an order status update when I got home when, out of nowhere, the phone rings. It's the salesman at my dealer calling to tell me my car has been built! I semi-jokingly told him I was hoping the call wouldn't come for a couple more weeks, since I won't be able to drive manual for at least a few more (hopefully no more than that). I couldn't believe it. Last I heard, around 4/17, I was still at 3000 and they were going to call back the next week with an update, but never did. Unlike most of you, I'm hoping it DOES take a few weeks to get here, like the dealer originally told me, so I'll be well enough to drive it home the day it arrives. 'Think I might be going in for physical therapy more often now; LOL!

They forgot to look up the event code and VIN for me, but said they would look that up tomorrow. 'Called the 800 number, but they couldn't tell me either one; 'just confirmed that it had been built and is being shipped, so I guess I'm at 4000 or 4200 (?). I'm getting anxious now, to say the least!

BTW, I was #6 of 24 at my dealer and ordered on 11/14--black/black 2SS/RS manual.
You don't need any more therapy. You have a stick shift to work out with.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:52 PM   #3
achalk

Drives: 2SS/RS+GFX/black/black
I sure hope that lines up for others, b/c I went to 3000 on 4/21 (and also ordered from FL).
achalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:53 PM   #4
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Good point! LOL If it's easy enough to get in/out of, I bet I could manage right now (the clutch shouldn't require more than 30 lbs. of force to operate, right? The truck I was borrowing is a whole 'nother story though).
Old 05-04-2009, 04:55 PM   #5
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Quote:
Originally Posted by achalk View Post
I sure hope that lines up for others, b/c I went to 3000 on 4/21 (and also ordered from FL).
Yeah, I'm hoping this gives others in Florida without answers some hope also, and I know there are many on this site.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:46 PM   #6
Optimus Prime

Drives: 2014 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Yeah, I'm hoping this gives others in Florida without answers some hope also, and I know there are many on this site.
True! It seems like up until just recently, we Floridians weren't getting much Camaro love. (not many VIN's in the VIN thread when it was still active, not many updates for FL orders) Good news and congrats!

Former garage: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS 6M
2011 Avalanche LT
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:49 PM   #7
bobby35ny

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
Well, When I Tonya Harding him, I was wishing I could jump in his spot in line!!

LOL

-bobby
Old 05-04-2009, 06:48 PM   #8
BrianGriffin78

Drives: 2009 GMC Yukon
Quote:

Congrats man! Did they say when they expect delivery?
BrianGriffin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 09:59 PM   #9
SSmoke

Drives: 2SS IBM m6 / 04 Nissan Titan
Send a message via AIM to SSmoke Send a message via Yahoo to SSmoke
Yeah buddy- mines going to Venice on the west coast- I'd be down for it being built already...I'm holding off until Thursday to call my dealer...that'll make it 2 weeks since i last spoke to him.
SSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:36 AM   #10
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
Well, When I Tonya Harding him, I was wishing I could jump in his spot in line!!

LOL

-bobby
Yeah, that plan kinda backfired, didn't it? haha :-P