Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Rick@Livernois
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics Camaro ZL1 specific topics

Old 04-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #376
2Z's4me

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1, 2006 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluckracin View Post
picked up my zl1 tuesday nite and this car is the best camaro chevy has ever built, every where i go this car draws a crowd iam going to wear the hinges out on the hood + doors. the chevy employee's have done a great job! i work in auto manufacturing also and i know what it takes to bring all these componets together to build a vehicle. so if chevy can get all vendors to produce all parts needed to build 500,1000 or 2000 cars by say june 8 thats what it will be. WHAT I DO KNOW NOW IS THIS CAR IS STEAL AT 55,000.00 AND YOU CAN SPEND 100,000.00 PLUS AND NOT COME CLOSE!!!!!
Congratulations on getting that beast!! You are right it is steal when you look at the Corvette ZR1 and the price tag it carries and the ZL1 has some of the same attributes. GM is doing an excellent job with performance cars in my opinion.
2Z's4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #377
piepouli

Drives: 04 gmc/ zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedder View Post
When I contacted my dealer yesterday to remind them of your post here with the 2 week comment, he emailed back that his GM rep was coming in that day and he would let me know what my status was. I emailed this morning to say that since I didn't hear back from him I assume that I am not getting a ZL1 and would therefore like to cancel my CTS as well (they know that I was trading in my SUV for a CTS to get the ZL1 in the garage on a lift and I couldn't do that with the SUV. I was giving them the CTS order also to thank them for getting me the ZL1 allocation). He emailed back asking for a little more time and I agreed to give him 2 more business days.
piepouli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #378
rrubio

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2012 Audi Q7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAM....ZL1 View Post
Well I would guess that would be easy to say...being how your driving one
and most are not, and may not even be getting the car they ordered....lets face it GM did put out the allocations...they should understand the frustration of some ordering and waiting only to find out they may not be getting the same experience you are...put the shoe on the other foot...I will be getting mine but I sure wouldn't down play the frustration of the ones that are not...just sayin
There is definitely a disconnect between the customer the dealer and the district managers or GM rep. If fbodfather said the dealer should contact the district manager, then they should know something and yet the customer is still in the dark. The dissemination of valuable information is being withheld.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:45 PM   #379
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrubio View Post
The dissemination of valuable information is being withheld.
I diasagree. That statement you made suggests the lack of information or answers to a customers question is being witheld intentionaly. Is that what you are stating?
Old 04-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #380
rrubio

Yes, can you say every dealer is telling their customer everything they know? Or maybe stringing them along, hoping to find out otherwise about allocations or whatnot
Old 04-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #381
CAM....ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
There is definitely a disconnect between the customer the dealer and the district managers or GM rep. If fbodfather said the dealer should contact the district manager, then they should know something and yet the customer is still in the dark. The dissemination of valuable information is being withheld.

I always try to get my info from GM as my dealer is always busy and in a hurry to get off the phone..
CAM....ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:04 PM   #382
rrubio

I just hope all the people still waiting to see If their allocations will get picked up. They can then make a decision on what to do next...
Old 04-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #383
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Yes, can you say every dealer is telling their customer everything they know? Or maybe stringing them along, hoping to find out otherwise about allocations or whatnot
Hmmmm....that sounds like a conspiracy theory line of thought. Pretty strong words and allegations. To each his own. I guess you are not in the market for one are you then?
Old 04-14-2012, 09:13 PM   #384
rrubio

I am at 3000, still. The conversation was in regards to those waiting to hear if their allocation is going to be picked up or not. Inferring from what fbodfather posted, district managers should know something by now, and the customer is still in limbo. I think they should be told as soon as someone knows what's happening, not have to call and try to get information on their own. We're all glad yourself and others have their new ride, but some need to know one way or another.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:15 PM   #385
rrubio

Quote:
Well I would guess that would be easy to say...being how your driving one
and most are not, and may not even be getting the car they ordered....lets face it GM did put out the allocations...they should understand the frustration of some ordering and waiting only to find out they may not be getting the same experience you are...put the shoe on the other foot...I will be getting mine but I sure wouldn't down play the frustration of the ones that are not...just sayin
Agreed!
Old 04-14-2012, 09:21 PM   #386
CAM....ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
I am at 3000, still. The conversation was in regards to those waiting to hear if their allocation is going to be picked up or not. Inferring from what fbodfather posted, district managers should know something by now, and the customer is still in limbo. I think they should be told as soon as someone knows what's happening, not have to call and try to get information on their own. We're all glad yourself and others have their new ride, but some need to know one way or another.

I will say rrubio I would certainly believe that you at 3000 will get
yours built soon...
CAM....ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #387
rrubio

Quote:
I will say rrubio I would certainly believe that you at 3000 will get
yours built soon...
yeah im pretty sure i will too, it sucks that a lot of people at 1100 status are getting shafted though