Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

B&M
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 12-15-2014, 09:17 AM   #1
Silver Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Silver Blk Stripes
Stabilitrack Question

I've read a lot of threads about stabilitrack issues when the service stabilitrack light stays on. My service stabilitrack comes on sometimes when I accelerate hard but it goes off very quickly. Does the system need to be serviced?

The dealer told me they can only determine what is causing the code if I bring it to them without turning the car off. The message does not always show when I accelerate hard but randomly and infrequently. I was wondering if it could be a serious problem that I would need to get fixed under my extended protection plan.
Silver Bumble Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:35 AM   #2
ELIC1

Drives: silver
i had the same issue when the gas sation put in the wrong gas. i ran it down and put in 93 at mobil as was good to go.
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 09:56 AM   #3
TNT523
TNT523

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Blk w/cyber grey hockey
Send a message via ICQ to TNT523
I have the same issue after forced induction install. East Coast Superchaging in Cream Ridge NJ installed a Turbonetics 76mm front mount turbo. Under hard throttle it sets off a Service Stabitrak error.. I have had it back to them but it has never really changed. I don't like it cause when I drop the hammer on this thing, I need this stabilitrak stuff right at that time.. Once I let off the throttle everything goes back to normal. No codes on the EMC just that factory error.. I'd love to hear from anyone that knows how to get rid of this... good luck....
East Coast Supercharging tuned
Loud Mouth I Axle back
TNT523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 10:00 AM   #4
Silver Bumble Bee

Hmmm. I use 93 at Texaco. Don't think I've used any other gas in a long time like over a year. I used Chevron before that. Since they merged I use Texaco since those stations are closer.
Old 12-15-2014, 10:08 AM   #5
ELIC1

Drives: silver
just saying what happen to me. i have not seen it since. i am sure now that i posted about it, it will come on again lol.
ELIC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #6
RBL

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS
It will be very difficult to tell with out it throwing a code, just about anything wrong at all will cause the stabilitrack light to come on.

2012 L99, whipple, Roto-Fab, Stainless Power headers, ZL1 fuel pump, cat delete.
RBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 01:46 PM   #7
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Drives: YELLOW 2013 ZL1 AUTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Bumble Bee View Post
I've read a lot of threads about stabilitrack issues when the service stabilitrack light stays on. My service stabilitrack comes on sometimes when I accelerate hard but it goes off very quickly. Does the system need to be serviced?

The dealer told me they can only determine what is causing the code if I bring it to them without turning the car off. The message does not always show when I accelerate hard but randomly and infrequently. I was wondering if it could be a serious problem that I would need to get fixed under my extended protection plan.
Try holding the traction control button down for 8 seconds before you test.

Without this process Stabiltrak is still active even when traction control is off.

It may just be telling you the tires are spinning and the Stabiltrak is active.

Ted.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
www.turboaddictionparts.com
Performance Parts
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:32 PM   #8
Silver Bumble Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Try holding the traction control button down for 8 seconds before you test.

Without this process Stabiltrak is still active even when traction control is off.

It may just be telling you the tires are spinning and the Stabiltrak is active.

Ted.
When my service stabilitrack light comes on the car is not in competitive driving mode so the stabilitrack and traction control are both on. If I'm just driving in traffic and I accelerate hard the service stabilitrack light comes on sometimes.

According to the owners manual, is it not correct that in competitive mode the stabilitrack is on and the TCS is off so doesn't this mean the service stabilitrack light should not come on even if the stabilitrack is active an the TCS is off?

I did try the 8 second hold you recommended and saw that both the stabilitrack and TCS turned off. I never saw that in the owners manual.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:28 AM   #9
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Bumble Bee View Post
When my service stabilitrack light comes on the car is not in competitive driving mode so the stabilitrack and traction control are both on. If I'm just driving in traffic and I accelerate hard the service stabilitrack light comes on sometimes.

According to the owners manual, is it not correct that in competitive mode the stabilitrack is on and the TCS is off so doesn't this mean the service stabilitrack light should not come on even if the stabilitrack is active an the TCS is off?

I did try the 8 second hold you recommended and saw that both the stabilitrack and TCS turned off. I never saw that in the owners manual.
It is one of those items that is not published in the owners manual.

Misfire due to plug wires or cracked spark plugs will also trigger the stabitrak light to come on.

Ted.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
Performance Parts
Old 12-19-2014, 06:28 PM   #10
Firehawk178

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS Victory Red
Quote:
It is one of those items that is not published in the owners manual.

Misfire due to plug wires or cracked spark plugs will also trigger the stabitrak light to come on.

Ted.
What timing!!! Coming home from work today my check engine light came on for the first time ever and the car would buck bad and the service stabilitrack light would come on and off.

Went to autozone and they pulled the codes: P0152, 69e(?), P0700, U073, U0100, P0300. Checked to make sure I didn't have any loose plug wires or any touching the headers. Everything seemed fine.

I was going to replace my plugs anyway this weekend. Hope that solves my problems.
2006 Daytona Charger #1189 Top Banana - Wife's Car
2000 Firehawk T/A #178 Pewter - Gone
1997 Camaro Z28 Black - Gone
1986 Camaro Iroc-Z Red - Gone
1979 Camaro Berlinetta Brownish - Gone
1978 Camaro Z28 Brownish - Gone
Firehawk178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 08:58 AM   #11
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk178 View Post
What timing!!! Coming home from work today my check engine light came on for the first time ever and the car would buck bad and the service stabilitrack light would come on and off.

Went to autozone and they pulled the codes: P0152, 69e(?), P0700, U073, U0100, P0300. Checked to make sure I didn't have any loose plug wires or any touching the headers. Everything seemed fine.

I was going to replace my plugs anyway this weekend. Hope that solves my problems.
You may have more problems than spark plugs or wires.

You have a loss of communication between computers over the can bus.

Could be a lose ground.

Ted.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
Performance Parts
Old 12-20-2014, 12:40 PM   #12
Firehawk178

Quote:
You may have more problems than spark plugs or wires.

You have a loss of communication between computers over the can bus.

Could be a lose ground.

Ted.
Just changed my plugs and all of the old ones looked good. Going for a test drive now and see what codes are still showing or need to be cleared now.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:34 PM   #13
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Had a stabillitrac issue a little while this may interest tnt523... the cause was a loose catch can hose had fell off, threw out lean on both banks codes and MAP code and a slew of stabilitrac that would just fade away sometimes... the lack of vacuum registering from the leak..a change in the MAP pressure triggered the stabillitrac to turn off and give the service stabilitrac message..... Apparently things are so interconnected the stabilitrac message can come from just about any damn thing, including low manifold pressure...or in tnt's case...probably high pressure reading in the map.....
2013 2SS/RS LS3 M6 ,CRT, 500rwhp 460 torque mustang dyno,dual mode ,sunroof ,heritage grill clear bra, TSP cam, Stainless power headers HFC, CAI induction, Vmax PTD,Fluidampr25% udp, LPW diff cover, BMR strut brace,trailing arms, toes, bushings, Rocket racing wheels, catch can, separate clutch reservoir, under dash/body lights/scanner LED, DRL lights/halos rewire, Dash kit, Custom striping and Sparks badges and Engine badge, Corvette Stainless engine cover, mild to wild, coming soon Eaton true trac and 3.91's
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 01:44 PM   #14
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
the stabillitrac light comes on if you break traction.. it's not a problem it is designed that way..

even minor tire slippage will cause it.. if it stays on, then yeah problem, if it flashes on an off it means it detected tire slippage from the speed sensors.
Old 12-21-2014, 12:13 AM   #15
376LS3
Eh, that'll happen

Drives: 2010 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
the stabillitrac light comes on if you break traction.. it's not a problem it is designed that way..

even minor tire slippage will cause it.. if it stays on, then yeah problem, if it flashes on an off it means it detected tire slippage from the speed sensors.
This.....

As long as you dont have a message that says "Service Stabilitrak" you're good. If you leave traction control on and spin the tires, it blinks too. Its just telling you its active. Nothing to worry about.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:41 AM   #16
JANNETTYRACING
PRESIDENT CALIBRATOR JRE

If he had no codes you would be correct.

Ted.
Jannetty Racing Ent Inc.
2984 East Main St.
Waterbury Ct. 06705
203-753-7223
tedj@jannettyracing.com
www.jannettyracing.com
Performance Parts
Old 12-22-2014, 09:40 PM   #17
silverz28

Drives: 1996 Camaro Z28, 2012 2SS/RS
I'm having this problem also. Hard to to start sometimes and sometimes it starts right up with that message. Started today and ran like crap with lots of backfiring. When I find out what it is, I'll update.
2012 2SS/RS IOM, LS3, Aftermarket Hurst shifter, IOM interior, Borla "S", Big Flow headers, ADM Race cold air, BMR 1" lowering springs, All installed and Dyno Tuned by ARD in Houston, TX, 420 RWHP, 420 RWT
Added SLP Supercharger with stock pulley: 500 RWHP, 507 RWT
silverz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 04:26 PM   #18
Firehawk178

Update on my issue. I had the misfire, O2, TCM, loss of communication codes, and service stabilitrack message. After changing the plugs and having the same issue, I brought it to the dealer. They said it was water running down into one of my O2 sensors causing all of my problems. Replaced the O2 sensor and rerouting the wire. I was skeptical, but so far no light and car is running fine. I have kook headers.