Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-03-2016, 02:15 PM   #1
ssinister_l99

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Summit White
Electric cutout help wtb

I'm looking for electric cutouts. I have borla atak catback and kooks lt headers. No cats I have the connection pipe. No codes on stock tune since January. I'm wondering if it's possible to put the cutouts where those connecting pipes are (where high flows would go) does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks all!

2011 L99 - Kooks LT Headers OffRoad Borla ATAK - Eibach Pro 1"
ssinister_l99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 02:50 PM   #2
bionick

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Not sure if that would work.. Mine are right before the x pipe. There are plenty of install photos on here showing the right place for them. just installed mine a couple weeks ago. Why would you want to put them in place of the cats anyways? If you put them where QTP recommends it's not really gonna make that big of a sound difference seeing how it's maybe only a foot difference in placement and cutouts are so loud that you won't even be able to tell the difference lol
Tuned by Phil @Tampa Tuning, Pat G Custom cam, carbon fiber copo hood, Powerbond UDP, 1LE 3.91 differential, Stainless Works/Stainless Power 1 7/8 Catless long tubes, Stainless works Retro Chambered 3" catback, QTP, Roto-fab CAI, VMAX CNC ported TB, MGW flat stick shifter, SRP anodized race pedals, Drake quarter panel covers, elite catch can, 1LE PCV seperator, foose 20" wheels, hotchkis strut tower brace, oracle red halo's, under dash lights, sunroof, interior accent package, metra stereo dash kit with kenwood double din.

Last edited by bionick; 05-03-2016 at 03:18 PM.
bionick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 02:52 PM   #3
bionick

Reason I don't think it would work is clearance issues. My car is lowered and the low profile QTP's were almost pushing it lol.
Tuned by Phil @Tampa Tuning, Pat G Custom cam, carbon fiber copo hood, Powerbond UDP, 1LE 3.91 differential, Stainless Works/Stainless Power 1 7/8 Catless long tubes, Stainless works Retro Chambered 3" catback, QTP, Roto-fab CAI, VMAX CNC ported TB, MGW flat stick shifter, SRP anodized race pedals, Drake quarter panel covers, elite catch can, 1LE PCV seperator, foose 20" wheels, hotchkis strut tower brace, oracle red halo's, under dash lights, sunroof, interior accent package, metra stereo dash kit with kenwood double din.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:30 PM   #4
ssinister_l99

thanks for the input. i probably will just do that. i just need to figure out which ones to buy. i called but they just sent me a pdf.

Old 05-03-2016, 04:25 PM   #5
bionick

After reading for a bit I went with QTP low profile oval cutouts with wireless controller. I love it. The exhauy shop didn't weld them in the exact spot I said so I lost a little bit of clearance from the ground but not a huge deal. If you have the money everyone says go with noweeds but price is much more. Exhaust shop should charge you 75-100$ or so to weld and cut everything for you and just do the wiring yourself and your price will be half of what the noweeds cost. DMH come with a lifetime warranty but I read from posts on here that it's hard to get in touch with DMH since its a one guy operation? Not sure though. QTP sells individual replacement parts though which is pretty nice
Old 05-03-2016, 05:25 PM   #6
ssinister_l99

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionick View Post
After reading for a bit I went with QTP low profile oval cutouts with wireless controller. I love it. The exhauy shop didn't weld them in the exact spot I said so I lost a little bit of clearance from the ground but not a huge deal. If you have the money everyone says go with noweeds but price is much more. Exhaust shop should charge you 75-100$ or so to weld and cut everything for you and just do the wiring yourself and your price will be half of what the noweeds cost. DMH come with a lifetime warranty but I read from posts on here that it's hard to get in touch with DMH since its a one guy operation? Not sure though. QTP sells individual replacement parts though which is pretty nice
thanks man a buddy has noweeds. but theyre crazy money.. im thinking qtp

Old 05-04-2016, 09:54 AM   #7
jaros44sr

Drives: 2015camaro ss/rs
Have you looked up pipes cutouts, I just installed them on my 2015. Dang my smart tablet won't let put a 'Y' where the 'I' is
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 11:17 AM   #8
ssinister_l99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaros44sr View Post
Have you looked up pipes cutouts, I just installed them on my 2015. Dang my smart tablet won't let put a 'Y' where the 'I' is
No what are they how they work?

Old 05-04-2016, 04:16 PM   #9
bionick

Does this fit ok? I read somewhere that the y pipe versions won't fit on our cars?
Old Yesterday, 05:42 AM   #10
ssinister_l99

Quote:
Originally Posted by bionick View Post
Does this fit ok? I read somewhere that the y pipe versions won't fit on our cars?
That's what I wanna know, I heard the issue is clearance from the motor...