Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old Yesterday, 08:03 PM   #1
Ice-Forever

Drives: 2011 2SS White
Post CC/CSS Install; Any necessary followup?

I did some searching and, for whatever reason, couldn't seem to find anything anywhere on this...Maybe it's just a dumb question, hahah, but figured I'd ask...

So I finally got the CC/CSS on her last night, and got to thinking about the fact that there is no way for me to know if the previous owner ever ran one of these or not...

Should I run some sort of additive, like a fuel system cleaner or something(?), through her just to [help] clear out any of the crap that's in there from before I got the CC? Are there any additional follow-up type of mods that I should go ahead and knock out here before too long?
- Bette White - '11 2SS/RS LS3 /w Driver-Mod, Hurst Short Throw, Rx CC+1LE CSS, Hawk HPS Pads, Apex Motorsports SkipShift Elim, Gen5DIY DRL Harness+P13W/11W/4300K Fogs/DRLs; Otherwise stock - Soon to be spoiled
Ice-Forever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:25 AM   #2
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
How many miles are on your car? One thing often overlooked is the differential. If I bought a used SS, I'd change the fluid asap. Chevrolet recommends changing it out at 1500 miles and I think most people ignore that. I changed mine myself and was surprised at the gunk built up on the magnetic drain plug.

Other than that, if it's running good I wouldn't worry about it. The V8s aren't nearly as problematic with intake build up as are the direct injected V6 motors.
Old Today, 08:44 AM   #3
Bodywerks

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
What's CC CSS?
HSA delete, VMAX throttle body, CAI inc. Intake, Apex air scoop, Vitesse throttle controller, Powerbond 25% underdrive pulley, Kooks stepped headers, Doug Thorley exhaust. 422rwhp, 423tq on a mustang dyno, tuned by Cunningham motorsports.
Bodywerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:48 AM   #4
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodywerks View Post
What's CC CSS?
I think they're talking about catch cans...I'm not 100% sure, though...
hazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:41 AM   #5
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodywerks View Post
What's CC CSS?
Yeah WTF

Maybe Clean side separator?
Old Today, 09:56 AM   #6
Ice-Forever

Drives: 2011 2SS White
Catch Can & Clean Side Separator, yes. Sorry for not specifying...

Car is at about 65k miles now, Red...and I will definitely have to check out the diff fluid soon...I gave this thing a good once-over when I was buying it, but honestly haven't really done much else aside from oil changes and the few, quick, mods that I have knocked out on her.

I've always used Royal Purp in my trucks, but have just been letting them put in the mobil1, [especially] since my maintenance is %100 free until 100k...Plus, I have heard pretty good things about mobil1, anyway...Unless anyone here has anything different to say?

I will also say, in case it is relevant, that it seems like my low-end Torque/Throttle response has at least slightly improved just since adding the Clean Side Separator. Haven't finished up the CC yet, though, since the dummy at AutoZone cut the tubing too short...even after I had him come out, popped the hood for him, and showed him exactly where I needed to run the tubing from/to; In fact, the CC was as far away from the intake/outlet at it could/can go, so I should've even had some extra, lol, but I'm [arguably] the bigger-dummy here for 1) Not having the measurement already handy, and 2) Not checking to make sure it was the correct length after he cut it...Was too busy telling him what a Catch Can is, and why he should get one for his car...lol
- Bette White - '11 2SS/RS LS3 /w Driver-Mod, Hurst Short Throw, Rx CC+1LE CSS, Hawk HPS Pads, Apex Motorsports SkipShift Elim, Gen5DIY DRL Harness+P13W/11W/4300K Fogs/DRLs; Otherwise stock - Soon to be spoiled
Ice-Forever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:51 AM   #7
Kings2010

Drives: 2010 M6 SS, Toyota Tundra
I changed the transmission fluid right away after doing some research. I used Mobil 1 synthetic ATF and it definitely smoothed out the shifts.
Kings2010 is offline   Reply With Quote