Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Apex Paul
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-29-2015, 01:03 PM   #1
luv_freedom

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS auto conv.
range module problem or car problem?

Apparently I seem to be the only one that is having strange things happen with my computer system. I bought this car used 2014 with 9800 miles on it. After reading posts about this module I bought one after owning the car a couple of weeks. About 2 weeks after installing the module I had an issue with the transmission staying in 3rd gear. I reset the system per instructions from Range. They were good about exchanging the module just in case there was something wrong with it. Now after a week or so with the new module in, I went out to start it and the brake light came on, the ABS light came on, and the power steering alert on the DIC came on and I did in fact, lose my power steering ability. I tried the reset and didn't help. I left the module out. Finally after having the car shut off for about 15 or 20 minutes the computer reset and cleared and power steering came back. WTH! Is it the module causing the problem or is it the computer in the car? I hate that AFM but guess I'll have to drive it without the module for awhile to see if these problems go away. Anyone having similar problems at all?

Last edited by luv_freedom; 04-29-2015 at 02:43 PM.
luv_freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 08:47 PM   #2
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2014 AGM 2SS/RS L99
I have one in my 2014 and I do not have those issues. I would pull it, drive a day and see if it clears. If not, leave it out and take it in or diagnostics if you are stock with no tune.

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:49 PM   #3
iCamaro81

Drives: 2014 Camaro Convertible L99
I didn't have the transmission issues but I experienced the power steering issue. Mine did exactly what you described with the DIC and had no power steering. Pulled the Range and let it sit about the same amount of time and restarted and it was fine. Drove about 30 minutes and came home and parked it. Plugged the Range back in with the vehicle off after sitting again for about 30 minutes. I have been using it almost daily for about 3-4 months and I haven't had any more issues.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:46 PM   #4
13BRM2SSRS

Drives: 13 Camaro 2SS Vert L99
Range

I've had the same issues your car is fine its caused by the range. I'm on my second unit and they both have had this problem. I'd really like to get a tune but want to keep my warranty so really stuck with this problem.
Factory Black GFX / CAI Intake / VMAX TB / RX Catch Can / Range AFM Delete / Valentine 1 Mirror Mount/Power / Window Tint / Zaino / SS Fender Emblems / Stealth Splash Guards / Muffler Delete & MBRP Square Tips / Footwell, Glovebox, & Center Console Leds
13BRM2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 08:05 PM   #5
Cldgin2

Drives: 2014 2SS
I had my check engine light come on once, pulled unit let car sit over night. Started in morning no check engine light. Left Range unit out for like a week, put back on and its been fine now for the last few weeks.

Stock rear tail painted black at dealer

Nitto Invo Tires-
20X10 Squared +35 offset
Style 41 Wheels

ACS T4 Front Splitter
K&N Cold Air induction
Oil Catch Can
Range AFM delete

Custom Hash Marks and Gill stripes
Cldgin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:54 PM   #6
mfarhan_amin

Drives: Camaro 2SS 2013
it is problem with range device. It happens with me once in 2 to 3 months. If it happens just switch off the car and take out the module. then start the engine after 3 to 5 mins. and there will be CEL... drive the car for fe minutes and then put the range device back in HOT (means engine running). CEL will go away.

one best way to avoid this is to never keep the ignition switch in position 1 or 2 for longer. Like when refueling or playing stereo.

VMAX PORTED THROTTLE BODY, ROTO-FAB CAI, RANGE AFM DISABLE DEVICE, FLOWMASTER OUTLAW AXLE-BACK WITH J-PIPES. VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER.
mfarhan_amin is offline   Reply With Quote