Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-08-2016, 08:26 AM   #1
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro Turbo
Exclamation RDP Question & Answer Section

I thought it was time to create a section where Camaro5 Members here can ask questions and have a discussion on items that your needing information on or product comparisons or just general how to's or Performance related questions.

This Section also welcomes input from any members here that also wish to help out fellow forum members with questions that they are looking to have answered or suggestions on future upgrades or performance results.
Attached Images

RDP Store www.rdpstore.com
Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Kooks ARH Stainless Power Diablosport SCT Edelbrock Whipple Magnuson Rotofab CAI Fore Innovations DSS Mishimoto Borla Magnaflow Corsa Trutrac EBC
dynosteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 06:58 AM   #2
BlaqWhole

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I'll be first. If anyone is interested in these guys here, let me be the first to say that these are real stand up guys. Great communication. They'll answer your questions with detailed and quick responses, even on weekends and after hours. They'll give you great options and advice!! And they'll work to get you a great price!

Amy (2015 Mustang GT Premium convertible manual trans) - GT350 IM/TB - Airaid Tuned cai - MBRP Race 3 inch catback - Custom tune!!

Veronica (2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 5.7 Hemi) - Bone stock

Saving the world...1 hp at a time!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 11:54 AM   #3
Pete G

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE
Thanks Steve, you have got to be such a busy guy but
to take the time out of your day to contribute to this camaro community like this
is quite an awesome offer. I am sure many will benefit greatly from this offer !!!
Pete G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 01:05 PM   #4
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

thanks guys

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Kooks ARH Stainless Power Diablosport SCT Edelbrock Whipple Magnuson Rotofab CAI Fore Innovations DSS Mishimoto Borla Magnaflow Corsa Trutrac EBC
Old 11-13-2016, 02:51 PM   #5
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
You should see if the Camaro5 powers that be will make this a "sticky" thread.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 05:59 PM   #6
Gunmetal Speedster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I'll be first. If anyone is interested in these guys here, let me be the first to say that these are real stand up guys. Great communication. They'll answer your questions with detailed and quick responses, even on weekends and after hours. They'll give you great options and advice!! And they'll work to get you a great price!
I can vouch as well for what it's worth
Old 11-13-2016, 06:19 PM   #7
TX_ED_SS
San Antonio Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
You should see if the Camaro5 powers that be will make this a "sticky" thread.
I second this!
Old 11-20-2016, 08:59 AM   #8
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Thanks Guys

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Old 11-20-2016, 09:58 PM   #9
Gunmetal Speedster

I'll go ahead and ask the first question because I've always been curious on this; Steve, can you change with one of your tunes where my rev limiter is set? I don't know where stock one is but a while back I was getting on it in third and got distracted and the car cut power for a second. Not sure if that was a limiter or not, but it scared the hell out of me. First manual owner here if you cant tell lol. I've heard after 6250 our cars are out of the power band or something so it doesnt do it much good to push it past that. If that is actually the case, if possible, I'd like to move mine closer to that so I don't destroy my car on accident
Old 11-21-2016, 07:51 AM   #10
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunmetal Speedster View Post
I'll go ahead and ask the first question because I've always been curious on this; Steve, can you change with one of your tunes where my rev limiter is set? I don't know where stock one is but a while back I was getting on it in third and got distracted and the car cut power for a second. Not sure if that was a limiter or not, but it scared the hell out of me. First manual owner here if you cant tell lol. I've heard after 6250 our cars are out of the power band or something so it doesnt do it much good to push it past that. If that is actually the case, if possible, I'd like to move mine closer to that so I don't destroy my car on accident
Yes sir you can certainly raise the rev limiter and the point raised will depend on the modifications that are done to the vehicle and the required rpm, Obviously on a stock bottom end the limiter will only be raised a couple of hundred rpm and on a built motor it can be alot more.

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Old 11-21-2016, 09:50 AM   #11
camguynj

Drives: 2013 SS/RS LS3 NPP BRM
Hey Steve, First let me say Thank You for creating this thread! I know it's going to be a great benefit to many. Now my question, it's not necessarily performance related but I'd like to know if the Hill Start Assist feature can be tuned out like the CAGS feature can be? If not could its display duration time be extended? It only displays for about 2 secs so if you miss seeing it usually leads to stalling out or burning your clutch
camguynj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 08:47 AM   #12
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Hey Steve, First let me say Thank You for creating this thread! I know it's going to be a great benefit to many. Now my question, it's not necessarily performance related but I'd like to know if the Hill Start Assist feature can be tuned out like the CAGS feature can be? If not could its display duration time be extended? It only displays for about 2 secs so if you miss seeing it usually leads to stalling out or burning your clutch
Yes and No you cant do it through the normal tuning editing process and is something that really cannot be done remotely

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Old 11-22-2016, 09:37 AM   #13
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS 6M
'mornin Steve!

My question is this, how much of a change can my current tune handle without a re-tune? Example's would be a mild cam upgrade or even just a change to a 1.8 roller rocker setup. I guess I am wondering how adaptable is the GM ecu with your tune on it? Obviously a major cam upgrade would require a re-tune but would the 1.8 rocker conversion?

Thanks is advance!

F. Weller
Old 11-22-2016, 10:22 AM   #14
dynosteve
Dyno Tuner & Calibrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
'mornin Steve!

My question is this, how much of a change can my current tune handle without a re-tune? Example's would be a mild cam upgrade or even just a change to a 1.8 roller rocker setup. I guess I am wondering how adaptable is the GM ecu with your tune on it? Obviously a major cam upgrade would require a re-tune but would the 1.8 rocker conversion?

Thanks is advance!

F. Weller
Hey Mate

ok for a camshaft change you will have to retune the car for sure, the factory short and long term trims will help with closed look driving but will not help at all at wide open throttle and this is where the engine can run lean and detonate , so to answer your question not on camshaft upgrades or greater mods but if you changed cold air units or header brands or exhaust systems etc then yes the computer will compensate for it

Shop 440 358 5500
Cell 440 251 8571

Tags
rdp dynosteve question