Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

HeadlightArmor
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-03-2017, 03:50 AM   #1
05SilverStreak

Drives: Black aSS 2011 - L99
Interesting Spark plug find.........

Not good news! I was changing plugs because I was feeling a slight miss at low RPM while driving and at idle. Not all the time, and not very bad. I use regular spark plugs 2 steps colder because I have a 200 shot of NOS. I have all of the supporting mods for safe nitrous use so don't make that the culprit first off. Car runs and idles fine, just every once in awhile, that slight miss. Will post pics of the plug when I get it.
Attached Images

Last edited by 05SilverStreak; 07-03-2017 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Add pics..........
05SilverStreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:41 AM   #2
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Appears you should get a cheap scope camera from harbor freight and suck that cylinder clean with a shop vac and small fitting then blow like crazy with compressed air and visually inspect . Hopefully nothing has been hurt much and you can go motoring with a new plug, and its a broken plug...it happens, and you should keep a eye on that cylinder but the exhaust may have cleared out crap to stick in the cats... a little porcelain and steel... Many threads on here about guys breaking one plug doing the headers....LOL
2013 2SS/RS LS3 M6 ,CRT, NPP, Forged 428 ls3 stroker, GMPP ported heads, Katech chain, Mast windage, Cam Motion Cam, trunnion upgrade, Stainless Power headers HFC, CAI w/kit, Vmax PTD, Fluidampr25% udp, LPW diff cover, BMR strut brace,trailing arms, toes, bushings, Rocket racing wheels,Toyo Proxes 4+, elite catch can, clutch reservoir, dash/body LED, DRL rewire, Sparks billet badges, Forza 3way, tint, MRT louvers, ZL1 spoiler, MGW short throw, Monster dual LT1S clutch, bleeder, support, high vol pump, Speed hut shift light, ACC flames stripes, Driven ls30 oil, NGK TR6IX , Granatelli wires.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 09:48 AM   #3
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS 6M
I'd be lookin at the fuel side of your N2O setup...that looks like a lean burn..good luck and keep us posted!
2010 SS 2SS M6 - Spectre CAI - JET TBS - JBA Shorty Headers - ARH H/F Catted Mids - Doug Thorley axle back - MSD 12v coil harness mod - PAC 1218's - BTR 3/8 7.4 push-rods - Powell Machine bronze rocker bushings - Prothane motor mounts - Prothane rear sub-frame inserts - BMR Trailing Arms & bushings - 1LE axles - tune by RDP dynoSteve!(Woot) - LS9 block - Daily Driver - 114K!---12.7 at 112 - 1.9 60'--- BFG Comp-2 Street Tire/stock size
frankwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 12:36 PM   #4
Olddudesrule
Resident nomad

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1SS/1LE
Wow, hope that exited without doing too much damage! Let us know how that bore and piston top looks....
2003 Z06
1965 FFR Cobra
2012 Nissan 370Z

Roto-Fad CAI, Kooks LTH/HFC's, Phastek CC, ported TB, BC Racing ER Series CO's, R1 Concepts Premier slotted rotors/Goodrich SS lines, VTC, MGW flatstick, Brey-Krause HB, DynoSteve tune.
Olddudesrule is online now   Reply With Quote