Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

MPD1
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 11-28-2007, 07:38 PM   #1
WillInThe04Ranger

Drives: 04 Ranger, 95 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to WillInThe04Ranger
DMV

Okay so heres the deal in a nut shell. . . .

I got a letter from the DMV stating that as of December 5th, 2007 at 12:01a.m. my license will be canceled. They claim that I have violated the North Carolina General Statutes 20-29.1 and 20-9 G2, which I clearly haven't seeing as I am in a wheelchair about 33% of my day and I have medical forms filled out and filed yearly. BUT they choose to ask me to turn them in once a year, which this is the 4th year they have done it. I'm only 18 and wish to live a long fulfilling life and be able to DRIVE!!
Old 11-28-2007, 08:22 PM   #2
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
wtf? What are the statutes that you've violated? I don't want to look them up.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:56 PM   #3
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
20-29.1

could not find the other one maybe he entered it on the screen wrong? I personally HATE the f***ing DMV. last year i had a minor fender bender found out that my insurance was not on record on the state trooper's cop computer and gave me a no proof of insurance ticket. i told him that i DO have insurance and its probably a mistake, he said just bring the proof and the ticket will be dropped. i found out that when i renewed by mail the check never go there and they promptly canceled my policy so i had no coverage for 10 days. i renewed my policy in person and then went to the DMV and paid the penalty of 5 dollars a day for every day i had no coverage so my plates would not be suspended. for 6 months my insurance was always up to date (by the way the ticket WAS dropped when i showed my insurance card ). 6 months later i get a letter from the state capitol's DMV saying my registration AND my license was to be revoked for a YEAR because of a accident with no insurance on file. i called the Albany office (at my expense cause no 800 number for it) and they told me it did NOT matter that i paid the 5 bucks a day for no coverage. but when i turned in my plates with 1 year left on the registration they gave me the difference back as a check in 1 week, but waited SIX MONTHS to send me this letter saying my plates were revoked . so now i have 6 months to go before i have plates on a car, had to sell my daily driver, which id rather sell it than to have it sit in the driveway for a year. but its all good when june comes around i will have enough cash to go to the auction and get a NICE car!
Old 11-28-2007, 10:36 PM   #4
WillInThe04Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave McFly View Post
20-29.1

could not find the other one maybe he entered it on the screen wrong? I personally HATE the f***ing DMV. last year i had a minor fender bender found out that my insurance was not on record on the state trooper's cop computer and gave me a no proof of insurance ticket. i told him that i DO have insurance and its probably a mistake, he said just bring the proof and the ticket will be dropped. i found out that when i renewed by mail the check never go there and they promptly canceled my policy so i had no coverage for 10 days. i renewed my policy in person and then went to the DMV and paid the penalty of 5 dollars a day for every day i had no coverage so my plates would not be suspended. for 6 months my insurance was always up to date (by the way the ticket WAS dropped when i showed my insurance card ). 6 months later i get a letter from the state capitol's DMV saying my registration AND my license was to be revoked for a YEAR because of a accident with no insurance on file. i called the Albany office (at my expense cause no 800 number for it) and they told me it did NOT matter that i paid the 5 bucks a day for no coverage. but when i turned in my plates with 1 year left on the registration they gave me the difference back as a check in 1 week, but waited SIX MONTHS to send me this letter saying my plates were revoked . so now i have 6 months to go before i have plates on a car, had to sell my daily driver, which id rather sell it than to have it sit in the driveway for a year. but its all good when june comes around i will have enough cash to go to the auction and get a NICE car!
http://ncleg.net/EnactedLegislation/...0/GS_20-9.html

^^^^^^^ Section G2
Old 11-28-2007, 10:37 PM   #5
WillInThe04Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
I havent violated ANY!!!! they're just too lazy to open a file cabinet
Old 11-29-2007, 09:03 AM   #6
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr
Get a lawyer.
Urthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:19 PM   #7
WillInThe04Ranger

Quote: