Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2012, 05:00 PM   #15
ZL1 STEVE
Addicted to Stainless!
 
ZL1 STEVE's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 ZL1 "Knight Fire"
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
You could not order the B92 exposed carbon fiber hood with black stripes.
Yeah, I gut sucked into the exposed carbon version after originally ordering black with black mohawk. After my dealer told me I had to have exposed or not see the car for eternity, I thought a bit and called him back saying I didn't think the black stripes would match the exposed. He told me it was an automatic deletion -- exposed = no black mohawk. Not sure they'll allow you to order.

Look forward to seeing those that add carbon stripes -- I have been thinking about it, but the boss (wife) thinks it wouldn't look too good.
__________________
#872 of 1885 2012 ZL1's -- Victory Red, Exposed CF, Manual-6, Black Wheels, Suede Interior.
ZL1 STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:10 PM   #16
kush396
 
Drives: chevy
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: detroit
Posts: 337
Anybody that is not happy with the exposed carbon firber hood insert , there are plenty of people like myself that has the flat black one ,,,,,anybody looking to trade let me know???????????
kush396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:16 PM   #17
Z4me

 
Z4me's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 STEVE View Post
Yeah, I gut sucked into the exposed carbon version after originally ordering black with black mohawk. After my dealer told me I had to have exposed or not see the car for eternity, I thought a bit and called him back saying I didn't think the black stripes would match the exposed. He told me it was an automatic deletion -- exposed = no black mohawk. Not sure they'll allow you to order.

Look forward to seeing those that add carbon stripes -- I have been thinking about it, but the boss (wife) thinks it wouldn't look too good.
Yeah the carbon hood issue created some problems for
some of us. Hopefully will all get the options that we want
and just have to be patient. I have to say this is an
exciting time to buy a camaro. I'm looking forward to
meeting alot of people in real life who post on these
threads. I'm trying to imagine in my mind around 100
camaro's driving in a group from our area to the Camerofest
Event this summer.
__________________
<img src=http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=36987&dateline=1334886195 border=0 alt= />
Z4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:21 PM   #18
kush396
 
Drives: chevy
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: detroit
Posts: 337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4me View Post
Yeah the carbon hood issue created some problems for
some of us. Hopefully will all get the options that we want
and just have to be patient. I have to say this is an
exciting time to buy a camaro. I'm looking forward to
meeting alot of people in real life who post on these
threads. I'm trying to imagine in my mind around 100
camaro's driving in a group from our area to the Camerofest
Event this summer.
Yes i feel the same way , can't wait to meet many of cool people at events and I'm sure this will be lots of fun especially since all of my cars have ben drivers and not show cars so this will be lots of fun at shows:che vy:
kush396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:21 PM   #19
Kluch
 
Drives: CTS-V
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: LSD
Posts: 159
The flat black insert is going to be a bitch to maintain. The exposed lets you treat it like the rest of the car. If for no other reason this is why i'd get it. And it looks really high end and badass.
Kluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 06:36 PM   #20
IcePick06
 
IcePick06's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 AGM ZL1; '07 Ducati 1098
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tha OCizzle
Posts: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluch View Post
The flat black insert is going to be a bitch to maintain. The exposed lets you treat it like the rest of the car. If for no other reason this is why i'd get it.
That's the MAIN reason I got it, I mean I got AGM so the matte black insert would actually stand out BETTER IMHO but I didn't wanna deal with maintaining that thing
IcePick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:30 PM   #21
tfghung
 
tfghung's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Heminger View Post
im going with carbon fiber stripes to match my hood
I will go with the exposed carbon fiber insert without stripe from the factory and add an aftermarket carbon fiber stripe like you guys.

Where are you going to purchase and install the stripe?
tfghung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:27 PM   #22
kush396
 
Drives: chevy
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: detroit
Posts: 337
What part of Mich are u from, i am from saint clair shores....:chev y:
kush396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #23
tfghung
 
tfghung's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 215
Clarkston. Oh and I found a place that can help me with carbon fiber stripes, clear bras and window tinting. They're called Fade to Black Tinting out of Novi. They are listed as one of the official installers on the 3M website. Anybody in Michigan know about them?
tfghung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #24
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfghung View Post
Clarkston. Oh and I found a place that can help me with carbon fiber stripes, clear bras and window tinting. They're called Fade to Black Tinting out of Novi. They are listed as one of the official installers on the 3M website. Anybody in Michigan know about them?
are they doing carbon fiber vinyl stripes or real carbon fiber? Because the CF vinyl will look awkward next to the real CF
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #25
tfghung
 
tfghung's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 215
it's a fake vinyl version from 3M. It's pretty nice from what I have seen from the internet. It's certainly better than the gray stripe GM chose.
tfghung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:00 AM   #26
IcePick06
 
IcePick06's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 AGM ZL1; '07 Ducati 1098
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tha OCizzle
Posts: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfghung View Post
it's a fake vinyl version from 3M. It's pretty nice from what I have seen from the internet. It's certainly better than the gray stripe GM chose.
CF is tough to match bro... The weaves don't match most of the time. But I agree that anything will beat the fugly GM grey stripe
IcePick06 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New from RPI! 2010-11 Camaro Carbon Fiber Engine Pieces (Fuse, Brake Res, Air Box) RPI Designs Exterior Parts & Accessories 6 04-08-2016 09:14 AM
Roto-Fab | Engine Covers - S/C | Fuse Relay Cover | Radiator Cover | Billet Oil Cap+ AutoAgenda Exterior Parts & Accessories 14 02-06-2013 08:43 PM
Help: Exposed Carbon Fiber vs. Black Hood IOMZL1 Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics 21 11-30-2011 03:11 PM
Payment and Shipping info for 1st Edition Camaro5 shirts TAG UR IT Camaro5 Store Merchandise 154 10-18-2008 03:00 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.