Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust

Old 03-31-2012, 12:25 PM   #1
DG24FAN

Drives: 2012 IMPERIAL BLUE SS L99
mods and warranty question

I would like to know what modification can be done without voiding my warranty. I would like to install a CAI and Borla axle back exhaust. Would either of these void my warranty?? Thanks in advance for your feedback.
DG24FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:34 PM   #2
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
No neither of those will void your warranty. The ONLY way you can completely void your powertrain warranty is if you get a tune. Once you tune the car your powertrain warranty is gone. No ifs ands or buts, it's gone.

That being said, if the dealership finds the source of the problem to be your aftermarket part then they won't cover it. Example, you have rattle from your Borla exhaust hitting the subframe, the dealer won't cover it because it's an aftermarket part.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:18 AM   #3
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
No neither of those will void your warranty. The ONLY way you can completely void your powertrain warranty is if you get a tune. Once you tune the car your powertrain warranty is gone. No ifs ands or buts, it's gone.

That being said, if the dealership finds the source of the problem to be your aftermarket part then they won't cover it. Example, you have rattle from your Borla exhaust hitting the subframe, the dealer won't cover it because it's an aftermarket part.
What stieger said. Here is a link to an article on our blog with a little more information on the relationship between modding your car and warranty law. If you have any questions feel free to hit me up.

Will This Mod Void My Warranty?